CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 4:37 PM

Closed

Hurricane Ian

**Update 10/11/2022**

Customers may find additional information about our Florida service restoral plan here: https://florida.comcast.com/2022/10/02/hurricane-ian-response-and-restoration-update-for-central-and-southwest-florida/

This site includes estimated dates of restoral by county. It is updated regularly so we recommend checking back often. 

If you need to report a down cable line due to Hurricane Ian, you can do so here: https://www.xfinity.com/customer-requests

**Original Message**

We hope you and your loved ones stay safe during Storm Ian. Download the Xfinity app or check My Account to monitor your services and stay connected in the event power is lost. Check out the Xfinity Response Center for additional information. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

All,

As mentioned in the original post, customer can find information about Comcast's service restoral plan for Florida cities/counties here: https://florida.comcast.com/2022/10/02/hurricane-ian-response-and-restoration-update-for-central-and-southwest-florida/

Please note, this site is updated on a regular basis, so please check back often for the latest updates. 

If you need to report a down cable line due to Hurricane Ian, you can do so here: https://www.xfinity.com/customer-requests

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Recently lost power due to Ian and my Wi-Fi is working but my cable tv is not 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Recently lost power due to Ian and my Wi-Fi is working but my cable tv is not

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

Hello! @Vialee

We hope you and your loved ones stay safe during Storm Ian. Download the Xfinity app or check My Account to monitor your services and stay connected in the event power is lost. Check out the Xfinity Response Center for additional information. 

To confirm, your power is back on since WiFi is working as normal now? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hurricane Ira ripped the cable line from the house, I am finding it difficult to report that a physical issue is causing internet/tv outages (even though I don't have power).  I want to make sure it is addressed, how do I do so?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Hurricane IAN ripped the cable line from the house

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

@jgiannone We hope everything is okay for you out there! We can help you with reporting this cable issue. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am homeless due to Ian and have no way to access my services. Can I suspend my account until further notice? If not, please terminate my account immediately and accept the loss of your equipment, since I cannot access my home to return your equipment and may not be able to until they restore the bridge/causeway to Sanibel Island where I lived. Your customer service site will not allow me to speak to a live agent to handle this problem and I do not need another bill piling up. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I hope you and your loved ones are safe. We would be able to place the account on seasonal. You can self-enroll process at https://comca.st/3LWz8xi. Here are the steps: https://comca.st/3y4xbJx. If you would like to disconnect your account you can send us a DM or comfortable and would like to call, you can contact us by calling 1-800-266-2278.   

I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us.

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hello- we understand Xfinity is working to restore services following Hurricane Ian and appreciate it. Our entire neighborhood has been restored for both internet and TV, however, we seem to be the one house still without service. It is not allowing us to troubleshoot or report this via app or phone and won’t connect us to an agent. Please advise how we can report that our one house is still without service? We are concerned it could be an outside cable issue or something else effecting our house only. Thank you! 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Post Hurricane Ian

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I am sorry to hear you are still without services. Sometimes some homes in the area may be on a different grid than other homes, even the house right next door! I would be happy to look deeper into your account and see what is going on. Please send me a DM with your name and service address. 

I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDena​ thank you. I did not realize direct neighbors could be on different grids. Direct message sent. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No service in Gulf View Estates Venice

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_00921d Thanks for letting us know service is down for you as well. I can assure you we are working hard to get everyone back online. We know being without service for any period of time isn't easy, but we are always here to help. You can feel free to create your own as well, so we can help with your situation and location moving forward.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Live on Brookridge St in Englewood. Any prediction on when service will be restored? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is there a way to find the ETA for repairs in my area? I cannot seem to access an outage map.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled ETA on Ian repairs?

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a 
further look at this ifor you. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityCrystal

[Edited: "Personal Information"] still no service. I asked for text ipdates, but received none. You need to let customers know when to expect service restoral. I don’t do twitter or fscebook. Just text us some ipdates 

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Hello, @user_434a60! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! Please do not include any of your personal information (including address) on a public post. We'll be more than happy to help in a private message!

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

We'll continue assisting you there! 

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

I'm sorry for the delay in getting service back up, but please send us a private message so we can get you the most accurate information!

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hi there @user_8b455f. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out to Xfinity on Forums. Was you able to figure this out or did you still need assistance?

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in Lake county FL. Where I live, we were not impacted as much from the storm as others were. However, my services are spotty since the storm. This is the second day that the status shows an outage in my area. Can someone give me an update as to when to expect this to be completed? I gave up on online work yesterday because of the internet dropping. Last night, cable TV locked up a few times, and one time my DVR rebooted on its own. That was a first for that to happen. I haven't tried much online today since the Xfinity app won't let me run a speed test because of an outage. All day yesterday, the completion times kept changing. Today there's no completion time at all for the outage. Thanks.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Service after hurricane Ian

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Good morning! This is definitely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have with us. I'd be happy to look further into this service interruption you are facing. I am truly happy that you and the family were not impacted by this hurricane, thank goodness! Please go ahead and follow the steps below to send us a DM, and I'd love to research this situation at hand. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

-Click "Sign In" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it. Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Thank goodness you were not impacted. Please go ahead and send a DM with your full name and address and I will be able to search the entire area for why you are having these service interruptions. I appreciate it. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I live on riverhomes lane in Bonita springs. And my business requires me to have internet, I can't even help the community by reaching out to customers. I am an electrician and basically my business can't operate. There is a cable line down on the corner of 41 and w terry street in Bonita springs It has been down since the storm. So I hope this information helps Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_6e7571! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! Thanks for reaching out so we can open a ticket to have the downed line repaired. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I live in the moorings off of Crayton in Naples. My power has come back on but wifi and TV have not. What is the status for the area as I need WIFI for my work. Thank you

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm located in Jacksonville Florida,  after hurricane Ian I have no internet, no TV services. When  is the service going to be resolved. The app says you detected and outage, tells me to input my phone number they will text with update its been 3 days without your services.  I need feed back now, I'm taking my business elsewhere if this is not resolved, to a more reliable service provider. 

Disgruntled Consumer 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled No Services

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello @user_d0e379 and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand the frustration with the service interruption. After a major hurricane there are many factors involved in getting your services up and running. Even though power may be restored to your home we may have plants or nodes that are still without power. Additionally there may be breaks in the cable lines that need to be repairs. The Xfinity My Account app provides the most up to date information for service interruptions. We truly appreciate your patience as our technicians work as quickly and safely as possible to restore services to your home. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I left my home to escape the hurricane. Now, no access to Pine Island. I have no idea when/if I will be able to return home. Island still has no power as far as I know and no cable. How are you handling situations like this? My bill is set up to be automatically paid thru my credit card.  There should not be any fees from Sept. 28 onward.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Evacuated Hurricane Ian

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_e273a3 Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums page. We do hope you and your family are staying safe and that you are able to return to your home soon. You can go to (https://comca.st/3M1xASI) to find more information on how we are going to take care of you while this situation is evolving. We are handling these on a case by case basis and will be reviewing accounts for credit adjustments once services have been restored. We are also not assessing Late Fees in affected areas. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

live in the moorings off of Crayton in Naples. My power has come back on but wifi and TV have not. What is the status for the area as I need WIFI for my work. Thank you

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_b103b5​ 

Please refer to the reply  left for you here

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I apologize for posting here but I can't get through on the phone number and I need assistance.

My home has been without service since 09/28/22 due to Hurricane Ian. My husband and I work primarily from home and are unable to do so because of the outages. I know a Hurricane is not something within Comcast's control but I'm wondering if there will be any credits offered do to the lack of service?

I have attempted to request a credit through the website but it continues to tell me I am ineligible which I am not sure as to why.

Thank you

trdubose06

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Credit for Hurricane Ian Outage?

Official Employee

• 

876 Messages

Oh no, you don't have to apologize for messaging us on this forum! I'm very sorry for the inconvience you are going through with not having service, I truly understand how this is impacting you and your husband since you do depend on the Internet for work. Can you please send me a DM with your full first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ Thank you Richard. I direct messaged XfinitySupport because it did not give me the option for XfinityRichard.

trdubose06

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Thank you for reaching out, @trdubose06! First and foremost, I hope you, your family, and your home are all okay. With that said, I want to say that I really appreciate your question. When it comes to service interruptions it is always our intention to adjust the account for the downtime as we don't want you paying for services that you did not recieve. Normally, these adjustments are processed after the interruption has been resolved, we do this in order to ensure that the account is adjusted for the entire time and to ensure that the entire adjustment posts in one transaction as this can help avoid any confusion with posting time frames. 

Customers can now request a credit for a service interruption easier than ever without speaking to an agent (this feature isn’t available to customers in California at this time). Qualified customers now receive a one-time credit when reporting their service interruption through the Xfinity Status Center in My Account. To receive the credit, you must login with your XFINITY ID. Please visit https://comca.st/3bOgFmh and click the link, Tell us more about your experience in the Interruption Tips section at the bottom of the page. 

If you run into any trouble retrieving your credit, please let us know and we will be happy to have you send us a private message so we can review your account further and apply the appropriate credit. 

I no longer work for Comcast

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

How do I talk to an actual agent? Like most, I am impacted by Ian. Now I am getting warnings of going over my limit (20GB).

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@ImpliedConsent Hello! You are speaking to an actual person right now. We see you already sent us a Private Message, we will reply to you there. In the future, please wait until we ask you to send us a PM. We're replying to your PM now.  

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes - Same ---

We have -- No Internet - No Cable - No Comcast Business Internet - now Xfinity Mobile throttling my DATA speed since we ran over 20 Gig as this is our Only way to run our business and home. 

I just want some HIGHER UP at Comcast to STOP THOTTLING MOBILE DATA as this would show Comcast as being a humanitarian for the impact Hurricane Ian

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Just received an email from the city of Punta Gorda regarding the restoration of services.    Email stated "If power returns and there is still no comcast service, please call us at 1-800-COMCAST".   Understandably, couldn't get through on that line.   Power has been back for 3 days, just wondering if there is any ballpark ETA on xfinity restoral.    I understand the situation with IAN, and if there is no ETA yet, that is fine.   Just asking based on that email received.

Thank you

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Hurricane IAN restoration question.

Official Employee

• 

917 Messages

@arcook01 

I hope you and your family are safe, even if you have power our nodes & plants in the area may still be damaged or without power. Our amazing field techs are working 24/7 to get everyone's service back up & running as soon as possible. You can track the service interruption via our amazing Xfinity my account app https://comca.st/3fGMguH, you can even set up text alerts, once the service is back up and running you can obtain credits for the down time, just visits https://comca.st/3SMNAdS and clicks the link, Check eligibility in the Tips in case of an outage section at the bottom of the page.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ We live in St James City on Pine Island and have internet/TV & mobile service. Road to the island is impassable and all utilities are down. Time for fix is unknown. Will Xfinity suspend billing for internet/TV until service is available, but continue our mobile service?

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

I am sorry to hear about your situation @user_bfe346. I hope you and your family are safe and well during the aftermath of hurricane Ian. I certainly want to make sure we address all your questions. Credits are handled on a case by case basis and cannot be assessed until full services have been restored. If your home suffered damage, you can suspend your services by filling out this form.

Your mobile service will not change. For customers in affected areas, we won’t reduce your speeds after you hit 20 GB. You'll still receive emails about nearing and reaching the usual 20 GB threshold, since these are automatically generated, but you can disregard them. Remember that you can use your mobile device as a personal hotspot to connect your other devices to the Internet. Data used as a mobile hotspot will count toward your data charges for the billing cycle. You can also turn on your phone’s power saving mode to help make your battery life last longer.

I took this information from our weather response FAQ article https://comca.st/3SWM4py. This article should answer any questions you might have moving forward. 

Please see https://comca.st/3SQfipQ to stay connected with up-to-date information, tip/tricks to help stay connected, and ways to utilize your services during the interruption. 

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. You are all in our thoughts during this difficult time.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The comcast cable into my house is physically down. How do I get on a list for a technician to reconnect it?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Hurricane Ian restoration

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hey there @user_a03afb. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out to Xfinity on Forums! I'm hoping that you are your loved ones were safe during Hurricane Ian! Our Prayers are out to the family and loved ones who lost their homes, and family members! ❤️

I would love to assist with getting that cable line back up where it should be.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hello!

Thank You for taking time out of your day to reach out to our team, here, at our Comcast secure communication site 😀

Our Digital Care Team, here, is a specialized team of experts in everything Comcast. We are committed to providing our customers with consistently superior customer service and support.

I will be happy to assist with your cable  concerns. You have come to the right place.

I'm praying that you and your family are safe George.  Looking at the Line, is the pole still in tact where the line comes from?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ 

Yes, the pole appears intact.

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

My apologies @user_a03afb could you please send us a direct message to continue gathering your contact information. (see instructions above) 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Like many others on here, I am impacted by Hurricane Ian and understand it is not Comcast's fault a natural disaster occurred.  However, like most folks, I work from home and currently unable to do so caused by the outage.  My employer is empathetic to my circumstances, but would like an estimated date for the restoration of services.  All of these blanket responses and messages received from Comcast are not helpful.  Is there any ACTUAL time frame we can be provided as to better determine a interim solution on my side (IE relocate to an area with working internet from another carrier)?  Not knowing if it will be a week, two, etc. is impactful to so many things, including remaining employed to keep a roof over my head.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled HURRICANE IAN - ETR UPDATE

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @user_425f86! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here via Forums. I am sorry to hear that you have been impacted by Hurricane Ian. I hope you and your loved ones are safe! I know where you are coming from There has been some pretty significant damage to our nodes and plant in your area due to the storm. In some cases, we do not have an estimated time of restoration to provide, however, I would love to access your account and see if I have any further information to provide. Can you please send us a DM?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here