xTheEdgex's profile

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Saturday, October 1st, 2022 2:36 PM

Closed

Service after hurricane Ian

I'm in Lake county FL. Where I live, we were not impacted as much from the storm as others were. However, my services are spotty since the storm. This is the second day that the status shows an outage in my area. Can someone give me an update as to when to expect this to be completed? I gave up on online work yesterday because of the internet dropping. Last night, cable TV locked up a few times, and one time my DVR rebooted on its own. That was a first for that to happen. I haven't tried much online today since the Xfinity app won't let me run a speed test because of an outage. All day yesterday, the completion times kept changing. Today there's no completion time at all for the outage. Thanks.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Hurricane Ian

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

2 years ago

Good morning! This is definitely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have with us. I'd be happy to look further into this service interruption you are facing. I am truly happy that you and the family were not impacted by this hurricane, thank goodness! Please go ahead and follow the steps below to send us a DM, and I'd love to research this situation at hand. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

-Click "Sign In" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it. Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

2 years ago

Thank goodness you were not impacted. Please go ahead and send a DM with your full name and address and I will be able to search the entire area for why you are having these service interruptions. I appreciate it. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I live on riverhomes lane in Bonita springs. And my business requires me to have internet, I can't even help the community by reaching out to customers. I am an electrician and basically my business can't operate. There is a cable line down on the corner of 41 and w terry street in Bonita springs It has been down since the storm. So I hope this information helps Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_6e7571! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! Thanks for reaching out so we can open a ticket to have the downed line repaired. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I live in the moorings off of Crayton in Naples. My power has come back on but wifi and TV have not. What is the status for the area as I need WIFI for my work. Thank you

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us, @user_b103b5. First and foremost, I hope you, your family, and your home are all okay. We understand that improtance of having access to your services and are working on getting everything up and running as soon as possible. As for updates in regard to the status of your services, any avalaible updates will be found on any one of the self-service platforms that we have avaliable to you (our customer). This link will give you and overview of these platforms and will give you step-by-step instructions on how to you each one.

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here