J

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 30th, 2022 8:37 AM

Closed

Post Hurricane Ian

Hello- we understand Xfinity is working to restore services following Hurricane Ian and appreciate it. Our entire neighborhood has been restored for both internet and TV, however, we seem to be the one house still without service. It is not allowing us to troubleshoot or report this via app or phone and won’t connect us to an agent. Please advise how we can report that our one house is still without service? We are concerned it could be an outside cable issue or something else effecting our house only. Thank you! 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Hurricane Ian

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

I am sorry to hear you are still without services. Sometimes some homes in the area may be on a different grid than other homes, even the house right next door! I would be happy to look deeper into your account and see what is going on. Please send me a DM with your name and service address. 

I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDena​ thank you. I did not realize direct neighbors could be on different grids. Direct message sent. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No service in Gulf View Estates Venice

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_00921d Thanks for letting us know service is down for you as well. I can assure you we are working hard to get everyone back online. We know being without service for any period of time isn't easy, but we are always here to help. You can feel free to create your own as well, so we can help with your situation and location moving forward.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Live on Brookridge St in Englewood. Any prediction on when service will be restored? 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

@user_b89de4 I hope you and your loved ones are safe, and we appreciate your patience as we know how important the services in your home are to you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• If you experienced a loss of services due to severe weather conditions, be aware this could be the result of a local public power outage and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood.
  • We're working as quickly and as safely as possible to restore your service but be aware we have to wait for local power companies to restore power to your neighborhood first and allow our teams into the area to repair our network.
  • It's possible power could be restored to your home but our network serving your neighborhood is still without public power, which must also be restored before your services can work properly.

The most effective way to get updates for your area and information about your service is to visit https://comca.st/3STy0Nv or use the Xfinity app. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

On Sanibel Island w house damaged by Hurricane Ian- how do we put in a natural disaster service pause to stop billing???

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey, there. Thanks for taking time to reach out to us regarding the options available to suspend services. I am sad to hear your home was damaged during the storm but glad you and your family were safe. Let's review the account together @user_3c8f84.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

On Sanibel Island w house damaged by Hurricane Ian- how do we put in a natural disaster service pause to stop billing???

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Why can we get updates or time estimates for restoration?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here