Xfinity Watchathon 2021
Starting Tuesday, April 27, 2021 and continuing through Monday, May 3, 2021, the biggest week in television history is back! Watch the best shows and movies from HBO Max, Showtime, Starz, Hulu, Epix, AMC+ and more!
- Xfinity customers can watch thousands of episodes and hundreds of movies on demand from TV's top SVODs and premium channels including Hulu, HBO Max, Showtime, Starz, Epix and AMC+ for free with Xfinity On Demand on their X1 and/or Flex TV Boxes or Xfinity Stream. They’ll also have be able to sample full catalogs of some of the most popular niche Subscription Video OnDemand such as Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Acorn TV, and Kidstream, and those specializing in multicultural content like Kocowa, Pantaya and Brown Sugar. Note that customers will only be available to view live channels they are regularly entitled to.
- Select Hulu orginals are available to Xfinity customers from April 27th – May 3rd, 2021, for free. There will be no requirement to sign into the Hulu app or sign up for a Hulu subscription during Watchathon to enjoy this content.
- All Xfinity customers with an Xfinity ID and password (including Xfinity Internet-only, Xfinity Home-only customers) have access to select content via Xfinity Stream.
X1 and Flex customers can view all the programming available to them during the week by saying “Watchathon” into the Xfinity Voice Remote. Not all content will be available across every platform to access
Frequently Asked Questions
When I try to watch a Showtime show, it says I need to be a subscriber. I thought every episode from every season from every TV series was free for the week?
Select Showtime series are available on demand (the linear channels are not available for free) for the first three days of Watchathon (April 27-29, 2021) on TV Boxes, Flex streaming TV Boxes and online with the Xfinity Stream portal and on mobile devices with the Xfinity Stream app. All Showtime series will be available on demand during the last four days (April 30-May 3, 2021).
I saw that a specific show is available for Watchathon, but it isn't offered online. Why?
Some Watchathon content may only be available on a TV Box and may not be accessible online or on mobile devices with Xfinity Stream.
I went to a Content Provider's site or app (ex. HBO GO, https://comca.st/2QC3tsP, https://comca.st/3gDeFjI, etc.) to catch up on a specific show but I got an error message after signing in. Why?
An Xfinity TV or Xfinity Flex subscription including [name of network] is required to watch the content located on the provider's site. However, Watchathon programming is available on TV Boxes, Flex streaming TV Boxes and Xfinity Stream.
Why can't I watch every episode or all past seasons of a specific show?
Due to licensing agreements with the content owners, we may not have every season or episode available for viewing during Xfinity Watchathon Week.
I went to live stream show on a specific network and it wasn't available. Why?
All content available during Watchathon is on demand only from the participating networks. There are no live linear free previews during Watchathon.
Will live TV and/or Xfinity On Demand streaming on Xfinity Stream count against my Xfinity Internet data usage plan?
Yes. All internet-based video streaming and download services, including internet-delivered programming available through Xfinity Stream, is included in the calculation of monthly usage. For more information, see what counts against a customer’s data plan.
I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription but am an Xfinity Internet subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during Watchathon?
All you need is your Xfinity ID and password and access to Xfinity Stream. Much of this content is only available during Watchathon through May 3, 2021. An Xfinity TV subscription or Xfinity Flex subscription will be needed afterwards to continue enjoying a large portion of this content.
I'm an Xfinity Internet-only subscriber. How do I find the content available to me during Watchathon?
Log onto the Xfinity Stream portal or download the app. Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password. The special collection of content for Watchathon will be in the featured tiles upon logging in.
Can the content be viewed out of home?
Yes, this content can be accessed via the Xfinity Stream app and portal from both inside and outside the home.
I’m a Flex customer, what content is available to me?
- The full offering from HBO Max, Epix, Starz, Hitz, and Streampix for the duration of Watchathon.
- Select episodes from Showtime are available all week while the full Showtime On Demand offering can be viewed from Friday, April 30 through Monday May, 3.
- Select Hulu, HBO Max and Discovery+ original series.
- Subscription On Demand services of AMC+, Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Crime Central, Stingray Karaoke, DOGTV, Kidstream, Acorn TV, Anime Network, Pantaya, Here TV, Hallmark Movies Now, Stingray Qello, Music Choice Relax, Hopster, Wild Brain, Brown Sugar, MHz Choice, Hi-YAH, Kocowa, Dekkoo, and Revry.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.