U

1 Message

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 1:49 AM

Closed

Xfinity app on Roku

The app opens and then takes me to main screen but then closes and goes back to Roku Home Screen. Deleted and reinstalled twice. Still same issue. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

10 months ago

All,

Thank you for posting your concerns here in our Xfinity Forum. We are receiving reports that this issue has been resolved. We are asking all impacted customers to restart their Roku device and retry. If you continue to experience this issue or have any additional questions, please let us know here. We appreciate your patience.

3 Messages

The Xfinity Stream app via Chrome browser is still not working properly

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ The Xfinity Stream app via Chrome browser is still NOT working properly

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ Error TVAPP-00381

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Still not working... Mine doesn't return back to the Roku Home Screen, it just loads the text for the programs, but none of the images and then won't launch anything. Error: TVAPP-00331

(edited)

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ We would like to know what caused the issue.

2 Messages

10 months ago

Stream app stopped working 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Roku stream not working

2 Messages

Mine did too. I try to launch the app and it just takes me back to my Roku Home Screen…

2 Messages

Perhaps this is the last straw in ditching cable for good. It’s always something with xfinity/Comcast

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 months ago

Is anyone else having issues? My Xfinity stream app won't open on any Roku. It opens for a second or two and then goes back to the Roku home page. Everything else is working. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Stream App Roku

2 Messages

Same here. Anyone know what is going on?? I’ve reset my Roku. I deleted the app and added it. Nothing happened. 

2 Messages

I am having the same issue. I as well deleted the app and reinstalled it but it won't stay open.

2 Messages

Same here in Denver. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Mine is having the same issue. Updated the Roku version as well and still crashes. This has been happening more and more frequently on the Roku tvs in my home and on iPads in the recent months. Can’t wait until the fiber being laid in my neighborhood is complete so I can get rid of this nonsense. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same. My RokuTV did an update when I restarted it, but it’s still not working.  

2 Messages

10 months ago

Xfinity stream app worked on Sunday night didn’t work on Monday night worked on Tuesday night and now not working on Wednesday night. When I tried to launch the Xfinity Stream app on Roku it just goes back to the Roku home screen.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Stream app, not working on Roku

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Same here. Just crashes while the app is loading and sends me back to Roku home page. Trying to watch the rest of the World Series in the bedroom on my Roku TV. 

4 Messages

Thank you for letting me know that this wasn’t all in my head and that I wasn’t having issue with a specific Roku. I have like three of them and I kept changing them thinking that was the problem but they all did the same thing so it’s clearly the app.

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue on all of my Roku devices. It just takes you back to the home screen. 

6 Messages

Same issue here, already went through Roku restart, Unplug Roku, uninstall/reinstall app. Nothing worked. 

2 Messages

I'm also having this issue with my roku TV right now. It just keeps booting me back to the roku homepage.

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have been using my Roku Xfinity app to access xfinity channels.  It was working until a short time ago.  Now it loads and flips back to the Roku Home Screen.  I have:  reset the Roku, reinstalled the app on the Roku, and powered down by unplugging and replugged the Roku.  Nothing helps.  It works on my iPad using the same internet connection and other apps work ( peacock, Netflix).  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Roku not loading xfinity app

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

same issue too it's been buggy for the last couple of days and when i got back it just quit working

2 Messages

Same here. Tried all the usual steps and it starts then resets to the home screen 

2 Messages

I am having the same problem as well

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Same for me, too. It just kicked me out and will not restart. Just returns to the Roku home page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Exactly the same for me. 

5 Messages

10 months ago

Same problem as others have had.  Same problem on multiple tvs with Roku.   Xfinity stream keeps returning me to Home Screen.   Have removed and re-added Xfinity stream with same result.   Please advise 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Stream not working on Roku

5 Messages

Same problem others have described.   Same problem on multiple tvs w/ Roku.   When trying to open Xfinity stream I am returned to Home Screen.   I have removed app and re-added with same result.   Please advise solution

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Stream not working on Roku

3 Messages

App is not working on my Roku TV

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity stream

2 Messages

Same here, on Roku and Fire TV. Annoying.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Same thing is happening to me.

3 Messages

I checked updates on Roku devices and Xfinity Apps. Even reinstalled on both of my tvs and the app is no longer working. It gets to the point of showing Live TV and then it resets. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Roku App is crashing

1 Message

10 months ago

Exact same issue. I have uninstalled the Xfinity stream app multiple times. Also restarted Roku numerous times. Disconnected the Roku from the power cord and tv too. Nothing works

5 Messages

Same issue and uninstalled and reinstalled myself and same problem keeps occuring. I am getting tired of Xfinity to be honest. First they take me to the 1400 channels when I have never been on them and now this issue on all my Roku devices... FiOS is looking better and better.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 months ago

My Xfinity stream app won't stay open on my Roku. It opens for a second or two and then closes and puts me back at the Roku home page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting my Roku both before and after the uninstall/reinstall. I'm not having problems with any of my other Roku apps (or at least none of the others I've tried) and my wifi connection and cable connections seem to be fine. Also, it seems others are having the same problem.

Do Xfinity techs read these forums? If so, can someone let me know whether this is a known issue and when it can be expected to be resolved?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why has Xfinity Stream Roku app stopped working and when will it be fixed?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having the exact problem.  Fix it!

4 Messages

Same problem. I troubleshooted with xfinity who acknowledged the issue by saying others are having the same issue and it is Roku related. They suggested that I reach out to roku. I spent about an hour on the Roku chat and of course they stated it was an Xfinity problem. I told then that I just chatted with Xfinity prior to contacting them this conversation went back and forth. The end result was to wait a while. I asked how long and they could not give an answer just to try back later. So I said I'd wait an hour then Chay back

4 Messages

Same issue here. In my experience if all the other Roku apps are working then it is Tupac Xfinity issue but I’m not a tech expert.

8 Messages

Me too! It was working fine on other TV but when I tried on the TV in another room, it would not open. 

4 Messages

Same here. Tried reinstalling it and still crashes

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 months ago

My Xfinity stream app won't stay open on my Roku. It opens for a second or two and then closes and puts me back at the Roku home page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting my Roku both before and after the uninstall/reinstall. I'm not having problems with any of my other Roku apps (or at least none of the others I've tried) and my wifi connection and cable connections seem to be fine. Also, it seems others are having the same problem.

Do Xfinity techs read these forums? If so, can someone let me know whether this is a known issue and when it can be expected to be resolved?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why has Xfinity Stream Roku app stopped working and when will it be fixed?

3 Messages

I’m having this problem too. Sounds like the same issue. Mine is a built in Roku tv that has the issue.  I too have deleted app reinstalled etc. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 Messages

Same problem. I troubleshooted with xfinity who acknowledged the issue by saying others are having the same issue and it is Roku related. They suggested that I reach out to roku. I spent about an hour on the Roku chat and of course they stated it was an Xfinity problem. I told then that I just chatted with Xfinity prior to contacting them this conversation went back and forth. The end result was to wait a while. I asked how long and they could not give an answer just to try back later. So I said I'd wait an hour then Chay back

4 Messages

Same issue here. In my experience if all the other Roku apps are working then it is Tupac Xfinity issue but I’m not a tech expert.

8 Messages

Me too! It was working fine on other TV but when I tried on the TV in another room, it would not open. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 months ago

3 Messages

I’m having this problem too. Sounds like the same issue. Mine is a built in Roku tv that has the issue.  I too have deleted app reinstalled etc. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 Messages

4 Messages

8 Messages

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 months ago

2 Messages

I’m having the same exact issue. 

4 Messages

Me too. Something must be up. 

6 Messages

Certainly doesn’t look like any support is provided here or anywhere else. Common problem seems to be widespread, we can’t all be independently having the same problem. 

6 Messages

Same issue. Gets to guide then closes right away. 

6 Messages

Having same issue for last hour. Opens and closes. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

App not working on roku

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity stream app not working on roku

New Poster

• 

21 Messages

They broke it again didn't they?

Consider me a "me too"

6 Messages

10 months ago

The xfinity stream app on Roku just stopped working all of a sudden in the middle of watching it. We did all the steps to attempt to get it back up and running. We restarted Roku, redownloaded the app, signed in and out, checked connections, turned all off then on again, ect. All else is functioning properly. Xfinity stream is working on cell phone working on same wifi. What could the issue be? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity stream app on Roku stopped working

Contributor

• 

181 Messages

Keeps throwing me back to Roku home screen. 

6 Messages

@dansgen1alero​ 

that’s what it is doing to us as well

2 Messages

It keeps doing the same thing to us. I’m glad I’m not going crazy. I reinstalled the app twice. Any updates?

6 Messages

@user_eg9494​ none and it’s still happening 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_kboo! This issue was reported to be resolved yesterday morning. Have you had a chance to delete the app and redownload it on your Roku since the issue was reported fixed?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

181 Messages

10 months ago

Ditto for me too. So annoying

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have a smart TV when I click the xfinity app it says connecting then goes back to home page

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity stream

2 Messages

I am having the same problem with my Roku as everyone else for the last 3 days.  I have restarted my modem, restarted the Roku, deleted the app and reinstalled and no success.  The app opens, goes to the screen for a second or two and instantly goes back to the home screen.  This is really frustrating and we are paying for a service we can't use, clearly Xfinity has not figured this out.  I go to the Comcast store for a box and they recomend a Roku vs renting a box.  Thats fine if the Roku will work.  Mine is on a Sony TV that cannot download the app so I need the Roku to work.  Doers Xfinity have a solution?????????

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here