U

2 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 2:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app, not working on Roku

Xfinity stream app worked on Sunday night didn’t work on Monday night worked on Tuesday night and now not working on Wednesday night. When I tried to launch the Xfinity Stream app on Roku it just goes back to the Roku home screen.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Xfinity app on Roku

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

11 months ago

Same here. Just crashes while the app is loading and sends me back to Roku home page. Trying to watch the rest of the World Series in the bedroom on my Roku TV. 

4 Messages

Thank you for letting me know that this wasn’t all in my head and that I wasn’t having issue with a specific Roku. I have like three of them and I kept changing them thinking that was the problem but they all did the same thing so it’s clearly the app.

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue on all of my Roku devices. It just takes you back to the home screen. 

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

We're all paying too much for this issue to STILL be a problem! This goes back for months & deserves attention & direct resolution .

Countless issues exist and very little being done 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the same issue, I have had it since about 930 EST last night. It’s still happening… Thanks for sharing. Thought I was losing my mind. I just wanna know when it will be resolved

4 Messages

I am having the same issue. Have tried using the Xfinity app on multiple Roku devices. All crash when attempting startup. 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue here, already went through Roku restart, Unplug Roku, uninstall/reinstall app. Nothing worked. 

4 Messages

Same for us. Uninstall/reinstalled, restarted, reset…nothing! 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I'm also having this issue with my roku TV right now. It just keeps booting me back to the roku homepage.

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same thing happening to me

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same. I'm in Minnesota 

7 Messages

I'm in Minnesota too! I have 4 tv's, 3 have Roku and one has an Xfinity box and all three are crashing right when I open them and the one with the cable box is fine

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same here... Connecticut...  It works on my LG Smart TV.  Not my Roku though 

6 Messages

My Firestick is working fine, issue seems to be specific to Roku here as well. In MA. 

2 Messages

Do you have the Xfinity app on Firestick?  If so, how?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same here. Deleted app and reinstalled. Doesn’t work. 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

11 months ago

Same. Uninstalled and reinstalled app. Nothing. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same issues on 3 Roku devices, works on Apple but uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled, still just starts loading and goes back to home page 

2 Messages

Same issue here in MA. Xfinity Stream app loads, then crashes and returns me back to the Roku Home screen.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled app with no luck.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue on multiple Roku devices.

(edited)

4 Messages

11 months ago

I’m also having this issue. Worked this morning now it does not. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting my Rokus, and resetting my modem. None worked. 

4 Messages

I reached out on the online chat and they said they are currently updating the app and it should work in no more than 2hrs. Might have to uninstall/reinstall at that time. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_bv2cc0​ the lie detector test determined that they lied to you… 11:20pm on the west coast and it’s still down.

5 Messages

Definitely a lie. 7:42 cst and still not working

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue here in Central Illinois. Multiple Roku devices; Xfinity app starts and then fails and returns to home screen. It worked for me all day today, but now (9:30p) on Wednesday, nothing works. Uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted Rokus, etc, just like everyone else. 

2 Messages

That’s exactly what happened to us. All other apps work on my Roku devices but this one

7 Messages

Exact same issue here in Minnesota 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I’m sorry if somebody already mentioned this before but it seems to be an issue with the app strictly with Roku because I had to watch the Xfinity app on my Samsung and it works great so it’s something between the app and Roku but if you have a TV with Xfinity app then it should work

Or or if you have another device such as an Xbox or PlayStation but I haven’t tried my Xbox to see if it’s an issue on that too

2 Messages

11 months ago

Xfinity [Edited: Inflammatory] on Roku. [Edited: Inflammatory] am I paying for?

(edited)

2 Messages

11 months ago

I’m having the same problem, help!

6 Messages

11 months ago

Same here in Colorado. Opens and closes 

2 Messages

Same problem in Oregon. Never happened becore

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Woke up to same in Maryland

2 Messages

Same issue…. i’m in Virginia and it’s apx 7 am. uugh  always something. 

2 Messages

There was a Roku update a couple days ago... most likely what broke xfi

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here