Lagil's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 2:35 AM

Closed

Why has Xfinity Stream Roku app stopped working and when will it be fixed?

My Xfinity stream app won't stay open on my Roku. It opens for a second or two and then closes and puts me back at the Roku home page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting my Roku both before and after the uninstall/reinstall. I'm not having problems with any of my other Roku apps (or at least none of the others I've tried) and my wifi connection and cable connections seem to be fine. Also, it seems others are having the same problem.

Do Xfinity techs read these forums? If so, can someone let me know whether this is a known issue and when it can be expected to be resolved?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Xfinity app on Roku

3 Messages

11 months ago

I’m having this problem too. Sounds like the same issue. Mine is a built in Roku tv that has the issue.  I too have deleted app reinstalled etc. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I can't even delete the app on Roku the * is missing for Xfinity only

9 Messages

Same issue as well.  As someone said, roku updated today but i doubt it's the issue.  Uninstalled app, cleared cache.  Personally I think it's xfinuty servers when they load your preferences after login.  I see the background before it closes.

Now ironically I have a firestick plugged into that roku TV.  Of course it works fine.

Update.  I updated my fire stick and the app doesn't work.  Also the app isn't in the store or available by voice search.  On roku I. Could not find it in the store but could by voice search.  

(edited)

4 Messages

Same issue this morning with mine.

5 Messages

Same issue here! App won’t load.

4 Messages

My app won't load either tryed everything 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the exact problem.  Fix it!

Visitor

• 

36 Messages

I am having the same issue, I just paid my 224.00 monthly bill and this is the 6th time this has happened!!!! Fix-it or refund my moneyyyyyyy!!!!

4 Messages

Same issue as well.  Deleted and reinstalled app several times.  still not working.

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same problem. I troubleshooted with xfinity who acknowledged the issue by saying others are having the same issue and it is Roku related. They suggested that I reach out to roku. I spent about an hour on the Roku chat and of course they stated it was an Xfinity problem. I told then that I just chatted with Xfinity prior to contacting them this conversation went back and forth. The end result was to wait a while. I asked how long and they could not give an answer just to try back later. So I said I'd wait an hour then Chay back

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@user_ikvj2c​ Thanks for doing all of that! Fingers crossed *someone* sorts it out soon!

10 Messages

Thanks for all that too, I'm thing to go see if my daughter's in her room and then going to see if others firestick is doing anything like we dealing with!  Hoping to get figured out! 

4 Messages

@user_ikvj2c​  Thank you reaching out to xfinity and roku tech support.  It's 542am in Chicago, IL, and it's still not working.  

4 Messages

655am in Florida and it’s still busted 

4 Messages

7am in Pa same issues

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue here. In my experience if all the other Roku apps are working then it is Tupac Xfinity issue but I’m not a tech expert.

7 Messages

I'm betting on beta trial is over and xfinity will no longer allow for roku to stream. 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Me too! It was working fine on other TV but when I tried on the TV in another room, it would not open. 

4 Messages

same issue on all my roku sticks

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same here. Tried reinstalling it and still crashes

8 Messages

Same thing happening with Roku here

4 Messages

11 months ago

I think xfinity deleted the app from its  site.  I Uninstall the app to reinstall.  I can't  find it now won't show up again in the app store on roku. I didn't  get any notices  about  not being  able to use it anymore.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

It's still there. Try using the Search option instead of going to the Store option.

9 Messages

Did the voice search, easiest way to find the app.

(edited)

11 Messages

Having the same issue here in GA at 7:16 AM. It started last night around 11.  Frustrating!

4 Messages

Me too! Frustrating...

Fix it somebody! 

12 Messages

@Lagil​  I did that still don't work!!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I think Roku had an update today and that killed the Xfinity Stream app. Also if you hit the * button to bring up the menu the Restart App option is gone.

3 Messages

Yes you’re correct. I just did most recent update and xfinity app is no longer working. 

9 Messages

per tech with xfinity it won't work until sometime on Friday when the issue is resolved?!?!?!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Having same issue. Xfinity app opens briefly and then shuts down. 

Same here in both of my roku devices. Notice around 9p on Nov 1st. 

3 Messages

Same here in Southwest Florida

4 Messages

Same in North Florida.   Glad to see it just isnt me.  Hope xfinity fixes soon.  

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@30_year_customer​ Same here Mississippi 

4 Messages

Same in middle Tennessee!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

11 months ago

Having the same problem.  Comcast provide the service I am paying for!

8 Messages

Same deal here in Chicago.

8 Messages

11 months ago

Found this on Xfinity help desk:

We’ve detected a network performance issue in your area and will be working to make improvements starting 11/02/2023 01:00 AM (Eastern). You may experience a temporary Xfinity service interruption during this time, which could affect all of your services. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

As far as I know, we have no issues with our Xfinity cable service, just a problem with the Roku app. But I appreciate your reply and will check the app again in the morning to see whether the problem has been fixed.

4 Messages

Not fixed yet. Been up since two trying to understand what is going on. 

8 Messages

not fixed. 7:49 am EST. I have apple and Roku. Re-added on apple no problem. none of the Roku will work even after restarting Roku, removing and re adding Xfinity. Stays up for  a second then bumps off. Not working on Roku. 

4 Messages

@user_9b8b96​ This is not the issue. As you can see from this post, the issue is nationwide. It is an issue with Roku and the Xfinity App.

25 Messages

@user_9b8b96​ that message has nothing to do with app not working on Roku.

3 Messages

11 months ago

Same here... opens for a few seconds, then closes and goes back to Roku home page... other app on roku seem to work....???? Frustrating...

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Same happening with my roku tv.

4 Messages

11 months ago

I am also having this issue. Open app, immediately closes after loading. I've reset connection, removed/replaced app, reset roku. Still having issue. Hopefully they will fix soon. 

4 Messages

@user_nwcu7b​   

all the same issue for me here in VA, don’t think there is anything we can do to fix it ourselves 

10 Messages

11 months ago

Mine just started this... is this not going to let me watch my recorded shows tonight!?!? 😒 oh no! Help!!!

8 Messages

If you have xfinity stream on your phone you can mirror any show to your Tv. Sucks but a temporary fix till they resolve the issue

6 Messages

How do you mirror to the tv?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Yes! Same issue here.on my roku device the  Xfinity opens then closes immediately. I loaded the app on my tablet and it works fine. Its the only one on roku that doesn’t work so that’s fishy!! I hope its fixed soon! 

4 Messages

Same experience here from the Aberdeen, WA area.

18 Messages

Same in New Hampshire

3 Messages

Same here in Maryland

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Same in Ma at 5:30 a.m.

4 Messages

Same in Pennsylvania 

forum icon

New to the Community?