U

Saturday, August 31st, 2024 7:26 AM

Unable to Access FOX, CBS and ABC

Since yesterday I cannot access FOX, CBS and ABC channels  in my amazon firestick tv through the xfinity stream app. The message prompted Subscription Required::12012 Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel. All other TVGO channels are working just fine. Why am I having this isse now?

2 Messages

20 days ago

I am having the same issue. 

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

Good afternoon @user_52qpvm. Are you still having issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Yes.  I continue to have the same issue.  Xfinity does not have a resolution or even notifying the customers of this issue.   But sure love to collect out money and raise their prices.  Xfinity fix this ASAP

8 Messages

20 days ago

having the same issue as of 8-31-24 as well

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_c2wtla I'm sorry to hear you're also having issues with not being able to access these channels on the Stream app. I would be more than happy to help find a solution to this problem.

So that we don't go over something you've already done, can you please share with me what troubleshooting steps have you completed on your own? Have you by any chance tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

10 Messages

Yes I’m sure everybody did the same few things Agents always tell them:

- Reset your device

-Unlpug Modem/Router

-Re-Install the App

*Its not a costumer isssue it’s an Xfinity issue!

1 Message

@XfinityRaul​ I can longer see abc and cbs on the TV to go stream app.  What happened and no warning.  Wow.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_v5m2ha I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Are you experiencing an error code as well? What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Did you uninstalled and re-installed the Xfinity Stream App? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

20 days ago

Same issue, just started yesterday l! Please fix this Xfinity smh

1 Message

19 days ago

Same issue as above. No problem with NBC.

3 Messages

SAME. Can't get ABC or CBS but it lets me play NBC...nobody wants to watch NBC.

1 Message

Just typical Comcast doing there thing

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_tdni1o, Thank you for letting us know. If you are still having issues, let's run through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can figure out what is going on. 

Since I will need to gather some information that we don't want in our public conversation, to get the request sent off. When you have time, please send a direct message:

To send a direct message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
    • Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  
    • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
    • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
    • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
    • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

8 Messages

19 days ago

Interesting how the 2 channels that carry NFL games suddenly stop working as the season is about to start...

1 Message

I downed  load the Foxsports app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

18 days ago

Howdy user_vasnj6

Have you attempted to update the software profile on the Firestick? It seems like there might need to be some updates on the device and app platforms. Appreciate you taking the time to reach out! 

4 Messages

This is still happening to everyone.  Doesn't matter the platform because it's not working on my phone

7 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ it's not platform specific. Happening on phone, PC, and firestick. Only CBS, FOX, and ABC do not work as to-go channels. All other to-go channels are fine including ESPN which is especially interesting considering ESPN and ABC are basically the same thing...

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ this issue is still not resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling several times. fix the problem for gods sake

3 Messages

I’m experiencing this issue on my Fire stick, iPhone and iPad. This started on about 8/31. I’m located outside of my home network and I’ve been able to receive ABC, CBS and Fox successfully for about 2 years until 8/31. This must be a system issue 

2 Messages

@user_nub343​ SAME ISSUE HERE. Was on the the phone three times yesterday. They escalated it to their engineering dept. but have no date as to a fix. Disney subscribers having same problem I think it might be a contract problem with those stations. 

7 Messages

18 days ago

Same issue here. Started on the same day. 

Official Employee

• 

539 Messages

@user_beg5cn The appropriate engineering teams are aware of the issue and have placed a ticket as of 9/2. They are diligently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. 

8 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ give us an update on when this problem is going to resolved. If it's not fixed by the the time football starts on Sunday I'm canceling all my xfinity services and will let everyone I know how terrible xfintity services are. This is unacceptable 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching back out, user_c2wtla. We are still monitoring this issue on our end and working with the engineering team. We will let you know as soon as there is an update. We truly appreciate your continued patience. 

2 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ 

Do you have a ticket number for this escalation? I just spoke with your help desk and they have no information on this and are unaware of the issue. It would be good to have a ticket number for everyone to reference. This might also help to escalate the correction as they would see how many are impacted. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

There is a ticket number for this, @user_6p1i48, but I'm not sure if it is something we are able to disclose publicly. We can definitely track it for everyone and post updates on this thread, although there hasn't really been any movement since the ticket was created on September 4. I have been keeping an eye on this one for a few people, and I hope we will be hearing an update soon. If you are working with someone in a service or support capacity, like the help desk, they should be able to find current status and details on the SQL Server Report. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

2 Messages

18 days ago

Thank god I’m not alone. I’m having the same issue with my fire stick and iPhone.

2 Messages

You guys got to fix the issue. It’s not anything the customer is doing wrong. It’s on xfinity end. I’m getting a subscription required message on my tv when trying to access Fox cbs and abc…and a “limit reached” error when I try to access those channels on my phone. Get it together we pay a lot of money and are thinking about leaving  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2dcf23 and others, this is a known issue that we have an open ticket for. We appreciate the reports, and recommend watching in-home/on TV Boxes where available until our engineers resolve the concern. Your patience is greatly appreciated in the meantime!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

Having the same issue with FOX, CBS and ABC on my computer and phone. I get the following message from the streaming app when I try to access those channels:

Subscription to This Channel Required

A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-xfinity to add it to your service.

(TVAPP-00203)

Only NBC is available through the streaming app.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@daringdragoonx​ so we have to call and add it?

10 Messages

No, nothing we can do right now..Xfinity need to troubleshoot it on there end!

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

daringdragoonx Are you still receiving this error or were you able to get this resolved? 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, user_88b0f5! Thanks for reaching out to us. If you are having issues with this on the streaming app we can certainly have a look into the account to see what's going on. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@daringdragoonx​ 

comcast owns NBC!  That’s why it still works.  This is probably not a technical issue.  It’s probably a money issue.   About to switch to Verizon.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

17 days ago

I'm having the exact same issue as seemingly everyone else.  It's amazing that when you try contacting Xfinity support, they are totally clueless as to this wide spread issue.  ABC, CBS, and FOX are no longer viewable on the Stream app, when they have been viewable for years.  It doesn't matter the device, they won't come up on Stream.  Does Xfinity even monitor these forums?  Who do we need to contact to get this resolved?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are glad to take a closer look at this for you @user_bd2930.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can take a closer look at what is going on for you.

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

17 days ago

Same problem as everyone else.  Not able to stream ABC and CBS, but can get NBC which I never watch.  Says I need to be connected to home wi fi, but on the Xfinity FAQ's, it states I'm still able to stream these channels out of my home network.  Tried android and windows and no success.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Comcast owns NBC.  It does not own the others 

1 Message

17 days ago

I have the same issue with the same channels on Xfinity stream. No ABC, CBS or FOX. Everything else is fine. Both mobile app (iPhone) and laptop (windows). Has anyone gotten a successful fox for this? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

17 days ago

I am having the same issue on all platforms, web, mobile and Fire Stick.

10 Messages

16 days ago

Still nothing..Same 3 channels missing for TO GO..

CBS, ABC and FOX. 

2 Messages

16 days ago

Sooo....I just spoke with xfinity Customer Support.  She escalated the issue to the "hard tech" team for troubleshooting and a return call (which I'm sure I'll never hear back from). I was told that "nothing changed on their end. It was just a feature that somehow I had access to ABC, CBS and FOX that I shouldn't have, and the system must have corrected itself, and now I must be on my home network to stream these channels". This was laughable. So for four years, I've had access and just now, me and all of the people commenting on this thread just lost access now??  Come on, xfinity. It's obvious what this is. Xfinity is asking for too much money from these networks to allow streaming access and they don't know how to share it with the customers that service has been cut off. So, our complaints will fall on deaf ears, the consumer will have to suck it up as always, and find a way to cut the cord. God, life off the grid sounds better and better each day. Good luck, all.

8 Messages

They escalated the issue for me too but when they called me back they put me on hold for 30+ minutes so I just hung up. 

Contributor

• 

98 Messages

I am currently on my home network and these channels do not work. 

3 Messages

Isn’t it interesting or coincidence that the only local channel we get now is NBC and that NBC and XfinityComcast are part of the same corporation??  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_heoo1z Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I completely understand your frustration with the situation. I wanted to let you know that we’ve escalated this issue to our engineering team, and they’re actively working to resolve it. While we don’t have an estimated resolution time just yet, please rest assured that we’re committed to getting this sorted out as quickly as possible for you and everyone who is effected by this known issue. We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more information. I truly appreciate your patience as we work through this, and I’m here to help if you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here