U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

4 months ago

***UPDATE 02/08/2024***

We’re aware that some customers are receiving an error message when using the Xfinity Stream app on some 2021 Samsung Smart TV models. Please know that this is not an Xfinity issue. It’s a firmware-related issue within the TV. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as Samsung works to deploy a fix in the coming days, automatically, that should resolve the issue fully.

In the meantime, here are two ways you can update the firmware manually and ensure that automatic updates are turned on:

OPTION #1:

Using your Samsung TV remote, navigate to Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. This should download and install any new updates. If there aren't any new updates, select OK to exit.

Notes:

• If the Software Update option is grayed out, it's because a streaming app is running in the background. You’ll need to change the source to TV or press Samsung TV Plus on the remote.

• Updates usually take a few minutes, and the TV will automatically restart once the update is complete. Do not turn off the TV until after it restarts.

OPTION #2:

Follow the instructions on Samsung’s website. (You’ll need the model number of their TV and a USB flash drive.)

1. Go to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/.

2. In the Search your productsearch bar, enter TV’s model number.

3. Under Firmware, you should see and click on How to update USB firmware (this will open a new webpage with this header: Update the software on your Samsung smart TV or Monitor).

4. Then choose and follow the Update using USB

ENABLE FUTURE UPDATES:

To ensure that future updates are automatic, using the Samsung TV remote, navigate to the TV Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update and select Auto Update to turn it on. (Selecting it again will turn off automatic updates.)

Note: If the Software Update option is grayed out, it's because a streaming app is running in the background. You’ll need to change the source to TV or press Samsung TV Plus on the remote.

ADDITIONAL WORKAROUNDS:

If you cannot or do not want to attempt to update the firmware on your own, you can try these workarounds:

1. You can use an alternate device such as Apple AirPlay, Google Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV streaming device to watch on your TV.

2. You can watch on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. (Here’s a list of eligible deviceswhere you can watch Xfinity Stream content.)

3. You can play Xfinity Stream app content on a mobile device and then, on your home WiFi network, use Bluetooth to cast the programming to your TV. You would then use your mobile device as a remote.

Please note: if you choose to cast Xfinity Stream content outside of your home WiFi network or on a cellular network, your carrier’s standard data usage and rates may apply.

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

3 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ 

It worked. I am able to watch live TV on samsung TV.

When I tried to update with Samsung support it denies that there is an update. But I was able dowloaded update from Samsung website.

1 Message

The manual upgrade to firmware version 2210.0 from Samsung website worked for me too! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ FINALLY this worked. Maybe caused by a Samsung update, but Xfinity support should be ashamed. I got false promises, outright lies, and brush-offs like “get a different TV.” At least I now know that switching away from XFinity TV will not be worse than this. 

9 Messages

Not working for us. We plug in our model number, but the firmware update isn’t an option. Maybe they haven’t done one for our model yet? So frustrating. 

5 Messages

I’m just about in tears.  I cannot get this download.  I guess I am not savvy enough technically to do this process, but [Edit: Language], why should I have to?

(edited)

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

4 months ago

We have decided to cast using blue tooth from our phone to the Samsung TV, the Xfinity Stream Account.  This basically makes the phone or tablet the remote and you can still access all the Stream content.  It works flawlessly.  I ordered Xfinity boxes, but at a cost of 10/month, for 5 boxes, at 50/month plus a tech cost to install them, this option is the most cost effective and quick.  Go to app on phone and press the TV looking icon in the left corner, it will find your samsung tv, as long as you have the blue tooth activated and you are on the same wifi as your phone, enter code, and then watch TV.  Hope that helps

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_9db4ts​ Thank you!

4 Messages

Casting from the Xfinity stream app on my phone worked. Still planning on a Roku for greater flexibility. 

1 Message

I can watch recorded stuff thru the Xfinity app but live tv still will not work. I emailed Xfinity thru Twitter/X last night , the response was like talking to Charlie Browns teacher. It going back in circles. Totally useless. 

1 Message

I've contacted customer service every day for the last 3days, each time I'm told I have an open ticket and IT will call me within the hour. I've yet to receive a call and my live tv streaming still doesn't work. I have a Samsung smart tv, all my other apps work fine. I'm ready to cancel.

1 Message

@user_9db4ts​ 

thank you!  Casting from my phone worked!  
Xfinity customer service is useless - so frustrating 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same experience with the Xfinity app only on my Samsung TV. Other devices are working fine. Today's problems started with the lip-syncing not properly coordinating. After losing picture and sound, I uninstalled and re-installed the app, just to receive the Error: TVAPP-00148. This process was repeated several times to no avail. HELP!!!

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_4lnx4r​ same with mine , mine is still down 

2 Messages

@user_4lnx4r​ I had one tv start doing this last night. It gets to favorite channels, but once I try to watch something the tvapp-00148 error code appears. A second tv was working last night. This morning when I turned on the second tv, it indicated it finished a samsung sw update, now it  has the same issue. Streaming is fine on laptop, apple tablets etc. 

I have done the delete/reinstall, including unplugging the tv to clear anything, but my guess is something in the latest samsung update is making the xfinity app have the issue. probably need to get a cable box now.

3 Messages

I am having the same issue. Received a message that an update installed on my Samsung and now the streaming app errors with message “TVAPP-00148”.  Deleted and reinstalled the app 3 times with no success.  

1 Message

I'm not paying for a cable box just because they can't make their software work! 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Same, and only on 1 of my 3 Samsung tvs. The other 2 are streaming live TV with no issues.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same problem with me

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

@user_muqj8f​ If you have a Roku, someone in another thread said to add the Xfinity Stream app to it so you can watch live TV on your Samsung. I did that yesterday and can watch live TV again. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same problem here without any success. I thought the closed captions were bad. I think XFINITY makes streaming [Edited: Language] to force a box rental 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Same with my TVs , all streaming fine except my Samsung 

1 Message

@user_9yk60n​ did yours randomly put closed captions on yours by itself too I thought I didn’t something wrong and couldn’t figure out how to get it off but now I’m haven’t the same issue it’s said that my tv update and now I’m getting the error message 

(edited)

36 Messages

@Rav_Lai​ I mentioned it to Tech Support while troubleshooting (for the 2nd time) the 00148 error code and realized while going through the 'settings', 'accessibility' options, that the option to turn OFF the CC is no longer listed as an option, only the font size, color, etc. The app says it was last updated by xfinity on 01/10/2024, and that's about the time this began, so thanks xfinity for that! NOT! We are forced to turn it off manually EVERY.TIME.

3 Messages

Same issue. Complaining to them is useless.

3 Messages

After an hour and a half, I finally hooked up my ROKU to watch the playoffs... [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same problem here. Worked fine for months now this. Very frustrating. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

They said it’s specific years of Samsung the newer models 

4 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ not true. I have a 4 year old Samsung it's happening on for the last 3 days. 

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

@baumfamily, we are happy to look into your Xfinity Stream concerns. You mentioned that this TV is the only one with an issue, have you ensured that your equipment is updated to the latest update?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Wow Xfinity is useless. We’ve been without live tv for almost 3 days Samsung tvs. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

@XfinityMarcu

I have the same issue.  Xfinity Stream Application does not allow me to view Live Channels.  The app opens fine, and I can view recorded(saved) shows.  I was verbally told by Xfinity representative that this app issue applies to Samsung TVs only.  And, they are working to resolve this issue as per Maintenance Ticket SI064679648.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 months ago

This app is such [Edited: Language]. 

(edited)

5 Messages

4 months ago

Same here. Worked well this morning and nothing now.  Only way to watch a show is to record it.

tried all the fixes online, reset and nothing.

1 Message

4 months ago

Same !! Very frustrating 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_nnnqj2​ did they give u an update ? 

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

@user_nnnqj2​ If you have a Roku, you can add the Xfinity Stream app to that as a workaround to watch live TV. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_nnnqj2! Sorry you've been having issues with your app. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

It was when Xfinity stream app did an update 2 days ago and now we get an error trying g to watch live tv. Are you guys really that useless at Xfinity?

1 Message

Xfinity support is pointless....

3 Messages

4 months ago

Same here, tried every one of the fixes suggested, holding power button, clearing cache, deleting the app, etc. Nothing works. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there @user_od3c8c thanks for the message bring this to our attention over our Forums platform. We are happy to help if you are still having issues and dig deeper if needed. Please let us know if you are still impacted. 

1 Message

I have done every step told to me in this forum as well as by xfinity employees and still can’t get it fixed. At this point your service does not work for me

3 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ I'm still affected. What is the fix for this issue, that's what we need to know 

3 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ Everyone is still having this issue. What is being done to fix it!

Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ If this is an app issue or an API issue with the Samsung app and the Xfinity Stream App, I am wondering why the update just can't be rolled back until the developers have an opportunity to fix the bug, do QA and then release later? 

3 Messages

4 months ago

HOW do I Uninstall and then Reinstall the Xfinity app?  The Xfinity Stream has stopped working (again!), gives the TVAPP-00148 Error Code.  The Xfinity Assistant says to "Uninstall and Reinstall" the app.  But I cannot find how to do that. Help anyone?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_8snti6​ this is not correct , all my TVs working fine except my Samsung, Xfinity knows there is an issue 

37 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ This is a Samsung/Xfinity problem.  Samsung updated their software and broke xfinity from what I can tell.  Don't bother removing the xfinity app, it won't help.

5 Messages

@user_8snti6​ this does not work.  I’ve done it so many times now and still cannot get live tv

1 Message

@user_fnvq0d​ no it won't help. My tv has been down since yesterday. I also have tried all the "go tos" even tried the help line and was put on hold for a very long time. Still NO tv??

4 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​  How is Fios??  This is rediculous 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 months ago

I did same thing , all my TVs working fine except on 2 of my Samsungs 

9 Messages

It won't work. Don't bother. If you have to try, navigate to the app and press and hold the button. Should give you a small menu with option to delete app.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 months ago

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved , seems like it’s just with Samsung TVs? 

2 Messages

I was told that the engineers are working on it and hopefully have it fixed by the 22nd!  

1 Message

4 months ago

Same problem here as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_766t76. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your Xfintiy Stream App. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today. Our engineers are aware of the issue, and they are working to get this resolved. At this time there is a ticket opened but there is no resolution for it. 

2 Messages

Xfinity just increased their price for cable and not I can not steam liveTV. How is this fare. All I get is an error message 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ I am also getting this error message, making my Samsung tvs unusable for live tv. When will this issue be resolved? And will you send me a message when it is resolved? Thank you

3 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ Any update?

1 Message

@XfinityRoberto​ having a ticket open and no fix 4-5 days into the issue is a management decision. You lack professionalism. 

This is 2024! Firmware / upgrade issues are circa 2010’s mistakes not 2024. Be better.

[Edited: "Inflammatory"/"Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Like they said, exact same 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@Dtonner7 Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear your stream app is not working at this time. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken outside uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Have you rebooted your modem?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting the modem does NOTHING...  I own three popular Samsung TVs that have this issue!  Do your developers test on these TVs?

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_351034​ I don’t think they do. I had had Nothing but problems from this streaming app since I signed on 2 years ago with my brand new Samsung tv. If I would have known. I wouldn’t have even bothered. 

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

Hello @user_351034. We are aware of this issue and our engineers are currently working to get this resolved. As soon as we have a solution, we will let everyone know. Thank you so much for your patience.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here