U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

4 Messages

9 months ago

We do pay a fee to Xfinity for the service.  In addition, there has been no information to the contrary.  It would be great to know the source and address it.  Unfortunately we do not know.  

2 Messages

9 months ago

Was on the phone for one hour and still no streaming service. If you know it is a problem, why have the customer jumping thru hoops with no solutions. The service rep had me do everything except jump on one foot and touch my nose  while keeping my eyes close. After all of this. He tried to sneak and sale me XFINITY cell phone service. By saying if you register your cell phone number we will send you a $100 gift card. Register my cell phone number? No you meant switch your service. Say what you mean and do not try to be slick!

2 Messages

9 months ago

I just spoke with a “live” agent through chat. This was his canned response.
“Please be rest assure I have taken care of everything from my end. Within today itself around 2 - 3 hours.  Is there anything else I can assist you with today?”

and then he immediately ended the chat. 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Received a message that an update installed on my Samsung and now the streaming app errors with message “TVAPP-00148”.  Deleted and reinstalled the app 3 times with no success.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error: TVAPP-00148

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem here with same results from customer service. 🤬 Seems to only be affecting Samsung TVs as far as I know. 

Casting from your phone or computer works pretty well. If you are unable to cast...

Go to Live TV

Click on the channel you want to watch

Click on Record

Go to Saved (Recordings)

Click on the channel

Click watch

You'll be able to watch and only ve about 30 seconds behind. Good luck everyone. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error: TVAPP-00148

2 Messages

9 months ago

Xfinity stream will not stream. No channel choice will load -no Comcast or Xfinity help can resolve this. I’m not alone and when can we expect service to be restored? Thank you!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled TVAPP-00148

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I’m canceling xfinity tomorrow they can’t fix this

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error TVAPP-00148

9 Messages

9 months ago

Just spoke with Samsung and they put it solely on Xfinity. Adding to the anger of not having the issue fixed is the total lack of transparency. When can we expect  a fix?!?!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error:TVAPP-00148

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello user_he863n

Unfortunately, we are not currently have an estimated timeline for resolution. Our engineering team is working hard to have this sorted out here asap. We appreciate all of your time and patience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am unable to stream live shows, I am able to get on app select channel and even stream on demand shows and movies but nothing live I keep getting this error message I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalled app shut TV off and on still nothing 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Has anyone received a fix or work around for the TVAPP-00148 error?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled TVAPP-00148 Error

2 Messages

Doesn’t seem to be one other than having a Roku and using the streaming app through that. Seems to be an issue between Samsung tvs and xfinity. Some have suggested that a recent Samsung update broke it and xfinity is working on it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_ojomso Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We can confirm that our team is aware of this issue, and we are working to have a fix in place very soon.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

I have no live TV on my Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. This was first noticed on January 18th. My TV is a 2021 model Samsung.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Stream app and it still doesn’t work. Recorded shows work fine. My Samsung software is up to date. My TVs with a Xfinity box are working fine. 

Please help. 

2 Messages

Xfinity <Edit: Inflammatory> 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @thinze02 & @user_884lsg. Thanks for reaching out! We are aware of this error, and our engineering teams are working hard toward a resolution. We hope to have this resolved for everyone soon. Thank you for your patience! 

4 Messages

9 months ago

My xfinity stream won’t work on my basement TV, which is Samsung. Works fine on our main floor TV, which also happens to be Samsung. 

All other streaming devices work fine. We’ve done everything in the threads about this issue (uninstalled, reinstalled, unplugging, etc.) and have not had any luck getting it to work. 

2 Messages

Same here.  Check other forums.  It’s a new Samsung/Xfinity stream compatibility problem with certain late-model Samsungs.  Others say Xfinity has no ETA for when it will be fixed.  I used a workaround last night by casting from my iPhone (using Xfinity Stream) to the TV which worked well…but obviously is not a permanent solution.

4 Messages

@user_eo4pno​ thank you! Casting it worked but it’s strange bc all my local news channels are not showing up on the app

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

Hello @user_eo4pno ! Thanks for your comment! This is indeed an issue our awesome engineers are investigating!

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

I also used a workaround by adding the Stream app to my Roku and could watch live TV after a few days of it not working. 

3 Messages

9 months ago

What's the fix for this issue 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Tvapp-00148

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_69lus0. We are currently aware of this issue and our engineering team is working to get this resolved. As soon as we find out more information, we will let everyone know.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Streaming error TVAPP-00148.

Received for three - four days

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled tvapp-00148

2 Messages

9 months ago

I have reinstalled the app over 6 times. Nothing is working.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error Code TVAPP-00148

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

I have the same problem with my Samsung smart TV.  For me, this issue (app giving me TVAPP-00148 error when trying to view Live Channels) started this past Tuesday (01/16/2024).  After talking with Xfinity Customer Service, I was given Maintenance Ticket No. SI064679648 and was told that they are trying to correct this issue.  This has been an on-going open issue.  And, they stated that this issue applies only to Samsung TVs. 

To all Comcast customers that have this issue, I would call Comcast and request a discount or refund on paid services.  

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

I have the same problem with my Samsung smart TV.  For me, this issue (app giving me TVAPP-00148 error when trying to view Live Channels) started this past Tuesday (01/16/2024).  After talking with Xfinity Customer Service, I was given Maintenance Ticket No. SI064679648 and was told that they are trying to correct this issue.  This has been an on-going open issue.  And, they stated that this issue applies only to Samsung TVs. 

To all Comcast customers that have this issue, I would call Comcast and request a discount or refund on paid services.  

2 Messages

Same issue with mine.. Has yours been fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_mign27. There is a known issue with the stream app on Samsung devices. Our engineering team is working to get that corrected as quickly as possible. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here