drummerjk's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 9:12 PM

Closed

Root Sports being dropped from Popular TV package

Thanks for nothing Xfinity!  Forcing us to upgrade just to watch our local baseball team and other local sports.  Leaving you after 20 years.  Hello Fubo.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

All,

Thank you all so much for your feedback regarding Root Sports. On Tuesday, October 10, 2023, the Root Sports Northwest channel was moved from Xfinity’s Digital Starter, Extra, Popular TV, and Starter Latino TV packages to the Ultimate TV package. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, we decided to move Root Sports Northwest.

Please keep in mind, we pay networks, local TV station owners and others for the ability to deliver their programming to our customers. The fees vary based on factors such as the type of content (like RSNs such as Root Sports Northwest), the popularity of the network, and the demand for its content, among others. For more information, see xfinity.com/howitworks.

We offer a range of alternative content that may offer similar viewing options. ESPN, Fox Sports 1, and Peacock may offer similar programming. You can also use your Xfinity Voice Remote to find alternative viewing options. Just say “sports” to launch our Sports Destination on X1.

You can continue to leave your feedback about this change here, however, we ask that any questions or comments related to this change adhere to all our posted Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policies. Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. Thank you in advance for your continued adherence to those policies. 

1 Message

So why do a pay Xfinity a regional sports fee already? ROOT is the source for regional sports broadcasting, seems like Xfinity is double dipping and trying to take advantage of an uptick in the interest of our regional sports franchises, like the Kraken, Mariners and Trail Blazers.  

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ Absolutely furious at you dropping root sports.  Then you suggest paying extra 5 bucks a month for 6 months.  Then the price increases.  If we decline to pay more and cancel, we lose all the sports we are already paying extra for.  Great deal, huh?  Not.

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ The only reason I chose XFinity over Hulu alive or YouTube Tv was Root.  Your streaming platform is wonky and lacks features. Your decision to move Root to a more expensive package is having the opposite effect you’d anticipated…I’ll be leaving, again, within the next month. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

You can do all the dancing around you want by saying you’re providing your customers with the best flexible options. That’s simple NOT true. Here’s the bottom line: You took away a very popular feature (ROOT sports) then are charging people more money if they want that channel back by forcing them to subscribe to a more expensive package. Please explain to me EXACTLY how paying more to see the same thing is saving money. How is that good customer service? How is that anything other than gouging your customers? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Xfinity TV is walking a thin line, but they may get away with it.  When I was paying them $40/month to watch Root Sports, Fubo wasn't much of a competitor at $80/month.  Today Xfinity announced that I should pay them $75/month to watch Root Sports.  

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

"We dropped the only channel you watch on a regular basis.  If you want it back, upgrade to our Ultimate Package for Only $37/month more!!"

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

It's more than $37 for me. Keeping ROOT would cost me about $70 extra per month. I'm done with Comcast after over 20 years. 

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

10 months ago

Got this email too. Very disappointed. Guess they can break my contract without any consequences, unlike us if broke the contract. Have to pay a bunch more for Ultimate package to get it, it seems. Just in time for hockey season starting too - probably not a coincidence.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@GRBU2​ Also start of Trailblazer/NBA season

1 Message

@GRBU2​ Truth!! This is a great example of [Edited: "Inflammatory"] clear double standards! 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 months ago

"ROOT SPORTS has been removed from your channel lineup to provide you savings"

Dropping the channel is bad enough, but trying to sell this as if Xfinity is doing me a favor is absolutely insulting.  Guess what, Xfinity??  I didn't ask for this, so don't blow smoke trying to convince me that you're somehow saving me money.  

What would truly save me money is dropping cable altogether.  There are lots of ways to watch anything you provide.  

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Sports is really the only reason I still have cable - believe this is why many still have cable. How about cutting many of the of the channels most don’t watch or care if it was truly about saving us money.

Talk about not being in tune with your customer base. 

9 Messages

Exactly, we can get all the other media via streaming.  but have kept Xfinity primarily to watch local sport teams.  Seriously need to consider dropping them now!

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@zippityz We realign our packages to prevent increases and in some cases are removed as a result. I'm sorry you feel this way and I can certainly submit feedback for you. If you're interested in added the channel back on I'd be happy to help see what can be done or if you want to remove cable altogether that's an option as well. When you're ready please send us a direct message to begin. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

Blowing smoke is an understatement! And $27+ dollars for broadcast TV fee. A $30 dollar antenna gets you all the broadcast channels you'll ever need. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Save us money? What a laugh! Why don't you just admit it and have only advertising/sales channels. They can pay you and we wouldn't have to watch any of your channels. [Edited: "Language"/"Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

I will be leaving xfinity and watching on DirectTV stream. At least they don’t try to sell a downgrade in service as a customer benefit. Totally insulting!

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

[Edit: Language]!  I'm headed to Fubo too.  There's so many good streaming options right now--- I'd love to give my money to them rather than [Edit: Language].  

(edited)

9 Messages

Ditto!!!  

same feelings here

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@stevo33 We would hate to see you go over this change, and I know it may not be ideal to loose content you previously had access to. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, we decided to move Root Sports Northwest. While we understand that this change may not be ideal for some, the good news is that if you have a package which no longer includes a regional sports network (RSN) like Root Sports Northwest, you won’t see the that network's portion of the fee on your bill. You can also send us a suggestion online for channels you would like to see, or share your thoughts on changes as your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer.

If you would like to explore options of adding this back on to your plan, or explore options available to you, please don't hesitate to send our team ("Xfinity Support") a direct message so we can explore some options together!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

10 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. There are 200 channels I don’t watch. They can have them. Just leave root sports. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_p3mh6c We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, we decided to move Root Sports Northwest. It will be included in our Ultimate TV package. We can help you upgrade if you want to. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 months ago

Bye Comcast. I'm done with you after over 20 years.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

What a bunch of [Edited: "Inflammatory"].

(edited)

9 Messages

I'm right behind you on leaving, this is the last straw!!

1 Message

10 months ago

Will cancel xfinity cable and home security.  Will keep internet.  Was paying $233/month and I’m done with Xfinity

9 Messages

yup, this is the last straw!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Moving RootvSports to a more expensive tv package is an outrage!  It’s not cost cutting for those of us who rely on access to RootvSports to view the Mariners, Kraken, etc. 

if you want to cut costs how about coming up with a package that drops all the unwatchable channels that it you force us to buy in order to get the real channels we want to watch, like Root Sports. 
FuboTV here I come!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Root Sports

8 Messages

Outrageous that they can change their terms but you are held to your contract.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

That’s it in a nutshell!  Well said!!

1 Message

10 months ago

This is no savings, per usual Comcast is increasing my overall bill [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Basically I'm cut off from root sports and they want me to upgrade all my equipment at an additional charge of $50 per month to my bill. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_kly5ag We understand how the recent changes to Root Sports have impacted our customers, and we are here to help you upgrade to Ultimate cable tier if you want. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Please bring Roots Sports  back... Can not afford a higher package !

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_4xl6d1 We’re not getting rid of Root Sports Northwest, we’re just including it in a different Xfinity TV package. We offer a range of alternative content that may offer similar viewing options. ESPN, Fox Sports 1, and Peacock may offer similar programming. You can also use your Xfinity Voice Remote to find alternative viewing options. Just say “sports” to launch our Sports Destination on X1.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

22 years a customer and you've finally given me the reason to try Fubo.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I may dump home security and try Ring too.   [Edited: "Inflammatory"].   If there was a viable alternative Internet option where i live, I'd gladly be done with Comcast altogether.

(edited)

10 Messages

Yeah, that's my problem too. Comcast is pretty much the only option for internet in my area. Oh, I could do DSL at 60Mbps. No thanks.

10 years ago, fiber was slated to be installed in our neighborhood, but CL halted their rollout about a mile or so away and then sold it off. I was so prepared to dump Comcast entirely. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

Goodbye Comcast,  removing Root sports is one of the only reasons that I still have your cable service.  I will be taking my business elsewhere. 

Finding a new internet provider will be a pain,  but I refuse to give this company any more money. 

9 Messages

Exactly, this is the last straw for me too!

Official Employee

• 

415 Messages

@user_iyynhk All of us at XFINITY truly value your business, and we want to be your service provider for years to come. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

8 Messages

10 months ago

Now you’ve taken it away unless I want to pay HOW MUCH????? To keep it? But I bet you will hold me to my end of the contract. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Extremely unhappy. Customer for many, many years 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled I subscribed for Root Sports

9 Messages

Exactly, we want to watch local sport teams on our current plan, not have to pay more NOW to do it!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am a Diamond member. Have been a customer from day one of Comcast's existence. I signed up for a certain package of channels which had Root Network. For Comcast to just go and take it away is fraud. I am moving on from Comcast since they are only in for the money from us of course. There are other options to explore. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

<--  Former @Home cable internet customer, so I was right there with you at the beginning.

I have it on my schedule to visit the local Xfinity store tomorrow for some arm wrestling.  They want me to pay $180/month for 400mbps internet and the Premium Package of TV channels.  If they will move me to 200mbps internet for under $80/month, "Hello, Fubo!".  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

For the 99% of subscribers who do NOT watch Root Sports, they will be happy about the $8.95 reduction in their bill. Sports networks are EXPENSIVE and have been a major cause of cord cutting. AT&T SportsNet is shutting down. Bally Sports (formerly Fox Sports) is in bankruptcy and has dropped many teams and may lose entire sports franchises. Some services that have started individual streaming often start at nearly $20/month.

8 Messages

I chose to stay with xfinity because I could get Root Sports on that tier and follow the Mariners. It was more than I would pay to ‘cut the cord’ but I was willing to pay that. Now I have to pay 20 more dollars and get loads of channels I won’t watch for the privilege of watching Root sports. Community edited my comment to take out Bait and Switch, but that’s sure what it looks like to me, the customer 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here