U

Wednesday, October 11th, 2023 2:02 PM

Closed

I subscribed for Root Sports

Now you’ve taken it away unless I want to pay HOW MUCH????? To keep it? But I bet you will hold me to my end of the contract. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Extremely unhappy. Customer for many, many years 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Root Sports being dropped from Popular TV package

9 Messages

11 months ago

Exactly, we want to watch local sport teams on our current plan, not have to pay more NOW to do it!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am a Diamond member. Have been a customer from day one of Comcast's existence. I signed up for a certain package of channels which had Root Network. For Comcast to just go and take it away is fraud. I am moving on from Comcast since they are only in for the money from us of course. There are other options to explore. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

<--  Former @Home cable internet customer, so I was right there with you at the beginning.

I have it on my schedule to visit the local Xfinity store tomorrow for some arm wrestling.  They want me to pay $180/month for 400mbps internet and the Premium Package of TV channels.  If they will move me to 200mbps internet for under $80/month, "Hello, Fubo!".  

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

@billthecuda we'd love to help save a trip to the store and help you here as much as possible. Our team can help. To get started, please create a new public post without your account information.  Doing so will open a ticket in our system, and we can get started on your request from there.

Once that's done, please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

11 months ago

For the 99% of subscribers who do NOT watch Root Sports, they will be happy about the $8.95 reduction in their bill. Sports networks are EXPENSIVE and have been a major cause of cord cutting. AT&T SportsNet is shutting down. Bally Sports (formerly Fox Sports) is in bankruptcy and has dropped many teams and may lose entire sports franchises. Some services that have started individual streaming often start at nearly $20/month.

8 Messages

I understand your point, but comcast is changing the rules in the middle of the game. I’m required to subscribe to hundreds of channels I don’t watch. How is that substantially different?

8 Messages

11 months ago

I chose to stay with xfinity because I could get Root Sports on that tier and follow the Mariners. It was more than I would pay to ‘cut the cord’ but I was willing to pay that. Now I have to pay 20 more dollars and get loads of channels I won’t watch for the privilege of watching Root sports. Community edited my comment to take out Bait and Switch, but that’s sure what it looks like to me, the customer 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here