Xfinity Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. These forums are accessible to all Comcast customers. Membership and posting privileges are currently available as a free, added benefit to Comcast customers. We invite you to join in and discuss a variety of Service topics/Issues. Membership within the Comcast Help Forums is both a privilege and a responsibility. To ensure the community remains an active and helpful environment we added a few tips to help you.
- Be good to each other - This forum was designed to build a positive and thriving peer to peer help community. Positive, constructive comments will help to maintain the positive spirit on these forums. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them.
- Keep it clean - Use appropriate language and netiquette. This includes offering assistance to others where you can. In addition, we ask that you avoid typing in ALL CAPS, avoid profanity, inflammatory remarks, inappropriate images, and refrain from “bumping” (posting for the sole purpose of moving a thread to the top of a forum page). For more details on the types of posts that are prohibited, see here. Trolls live under bridges not in the Xfinity Forum.
- Keep it on-topic - Any posting that is not relevant to the community, the topic at hand, or to other peoples’ comments will be removed. Posts that discuss moderator action will be removed.
- Help us stay spam free - The Comcast Help Forums are not to be used for trading/swapping, selling or advertising non-Comcast products, services, petitions, or other online venues. This includes soliciting others to participate in any type of specific action and authoring multiple posts about the same topic.
- Stay legal – Please help us keep the community free of illegal content. This means avoid posting things like “how-to” obtain pirated software, copyrighted material, malicious content, illegal activities, etc.. Illegal Content and Activities are defined in the Comcast Terms of Service Agreement.
- Keep yourself protected – Our Official Employees are helping in various areas of the community. For account specific questions, we may need to authenticate your account, for your security and the security of your account we will always do this via a private message. To keep yourself and your account secure please avoid posting that personal information in public posts.
- Keep it public – The best communities have most conversations happening in the public boards. This helps to ensure that our users get the fastest most accurate response possible provided by other user or our Official Employees. This also serves to benefit other users who may have a similar question. When interacting with an employee we will always try to keep as much of the conversation in that public thread, but know we may ask you for a private message if we need to discuss your account specific details. To help maintain our forum design, we ask that you never send unsolicited/unwanted private messages to any employee or user in these forums unless specifically asked to do so.
- Remember what Grandma would say – "There's things you just don't talk about in polite company (or in this forum), and that's race, religion and politics.”
Who is here to help:
Official Employees come from various departments within the organization. Some from customer service, some from product development teams, some from engineering, and we even have some field techs that stop by to help too. You will notice them concentrating on helping with issues that no other customer can assist with or with those more difficult situations. They are easy to identify as they have Comcast in their username and have the Xfinity avatar.
Customer Experts are customers just like you but have chosen to dedicate thousands of hours help and supporting others in the forum. Although there are many reasons why these customers choose to assist, the one thing they have in common is that they love helping others. They provide some wonderfully insightful and well thought-out answers, and if they are unable to help, they can always ensure your issue gets escalated to one of our Official Employees.
Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379) and all Xfinity Agreements, Policies and Service Disclosures (https://www.xfinity.com/policies). Including the Xfinity Customer Agreement and Xfinity Acceptable Use Policies.
Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any username, post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.