Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Monday, October 9th, 2023 3:23 PM

Closed

We retired Quick Pay

At Xfinity, one of our top priorities is protecting your account and account-related information. In order to further protect your account and information, we now require you to sign into your Xfinity account and validate your customer credentials before we accept a payment. We notified customers of this change by email in August and September.

We understand that many customers manage accounts for their loved ones and appreciated our Quick Pay feature. To continue making payments easily, you can:

1.       Be added as a Manager to an Xfinity account. For more information and instructions, visit How to Add and Invite Users to Your Xfinity Subscriber Account.

2.       Add your loved one’s Xfinity account information to your personal banking account as a bill payment payee. We accept checks drawn on U.S. bank accounts.

3.       Say “Pay my bill” into the Xfinity Voice Remote within your loved one’s home.

Visit How to Make a Payment on Your Xfinity Account to learn about other ways to make a payment that do not require authentication. If you have a quick question or need assistance, chat with an agent.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

662 Messages

7 months ago

Hi there @user_tfh2rf ! As of September 6th, it is now required to log in to make a payment online. You can use the directions here to make an XFINITY ID for that account if it is yours:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/create-xfinity-username

If not, you would need to get the account owner to add you as a user with permission to make payments, that information is here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses

You would need to be set as a "manager" level to make payments. Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to help! 

This comment was created from this reply

8 Messages

8 months ago

I've been paying my mothers internet bill for years online by not logging in but just entering her address and then entering the payment info to pay the bill. Now that screen is no longer there and it requires her to sign in now, why did Xfinity remove the option to just pay the bill? Don't you want my money?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled No longer an option to guest-pay internet bill?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there @user_2ihzyb thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. You came to the right place for help and we are happy to help you get the payment taken care of. Just to confirm are you using our app or our Xinity website? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

8 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ The Xfinity website

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_2ihzyb Have you tried to do it on another device or browser? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@santsander​ Thank you for sharing the link to quick pay Comcast Business accounts. That is the link customers will want to use to pay their bill only IF they have a Comcast Business account. @user_2ihzyb without logging into our system or speaking with our Xfinity Assistant, you can pay an Xfinity (residential account) bill via one of the following methods: 

• Say “Pay my bill” into the Xfinity Voice Remote linked to the account to open the account and pay on Xfinity X1.
  • Mail us a check drawn on a valid U.S. bank account or a cashier’s check issued by a valid U.S. bank.
    • Please use the insert included in the Xfinity bill. Never mail cash.
  • Visit an Xfinity Retail Store to pay using one of our Xfinity Self-Service Kiosks, which accept the payment methods listed above, plus cash and traveler’s checks.
  • Visit a Western Union Quick Collect location to pay by money order.

All of these methods do not require that you log into an account to make that payment. Additional information about the different methods for paying your Xfinity bill can be found in this help article

Please keep in mind, any change in the ability to make payments on an account by requiring a log in helps to ensure the continued security of all our customer accounts. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, I am wondering if the "Pay as Guest" option will become available again? 

I currently pay my mother's bill and we are unable to get into her account. Is there another way I could pay without signing in?

This is a residential address, not a business account.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Guest Bill Pay

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

... wondering if the "Pay as Guest" option will become available again? ...

It isn't likely. Scammers have been abusing it as part of a scheme to swindle customers.

... Is there another way I could pay without signing in? ...

The Employee response to a similar question can be found at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/billing/no-longer-an-option-to-guestpay-internet-bill/6504e8b2a4ef972586662fcb?commentId=6509b0231f2d714c3a6e5dc1.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_bccdc8 I am sorry for the frustration. As Bruce was saying bad actors have made it so that this option is not safe for our customers. The primary account owner can create a manager's profile for you at Xfinity.com so that you would have access to the bill-paying options. Here is a link with instructions on how to set that up. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns with the process. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I'm trying to pay my bill on another account and it's not letting me and I can't get customer service on it I don't know how to pay my bill I do not have a Xfinity account on this other account

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Pay bill

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

The concern is not "On Demand" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

662 Messages

Hi there @user_tfh2rf ! As of September 6th, it is now required to log in to make a payment online. You can use the directions here to make an XFINITY ID for that account if it is yours:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/create-xfinity-username

If not, you would need to get the account owner to add you as a user with permission to make payments, that information is here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses

You would need to be set as a "manager" level to make payments. Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to help! 

This reply has been converted into a comment

1 Message

7 months ago

I have been a customer for over four years and have NEVER been able to log into my account.  Now I use your "app" only be told that I have successfully logged in but cannot use it as I am NOT a customer??  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_xehu5y Hi there, sorry to learn about the Xfinity app issue. At times, the wrong user role can be used to sign in with. Have you made sure it's the correct username with this link? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-change-your-username

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Same issue, I have a feeling it’s a way to collect late fees. Unethical. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

6 months ago

You threw the baby out with the bathwater on this. It would be much better customer experience to close the security gaps than punish those of us trying to do the right thing taking care of our elder family members and making their payments. All you've done is make it harder for us to give you our money.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_eydh28​ 

You threw the baby out with the bathwater on this. It would be much better customer experience to close the security gaps than punish those of us trying to do the right thing taking care of our elder family members and making their payments. All you've done is make it harder for us to give you our money.

They did close the security gap when they discontinued this service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

5 months ago

I need to pay my dead brother's bill and this is making things really difficult.

Your bereavement account transfer service isn't responding either.

Thanks for the late fees.

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_nyjwzf Hi, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. I would love to help out with the account and removing the fees. I can help ensure everything is taken care of for us. Please send us a direct message with your name and the service address. From there we will help with the account details and make sure there are no additional issues. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

@user_nyjwzf​ - I'm having the same issue. The account was already closed (we did that when we moved Dad to hospice). I have the darn final statement. I just want to pay it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here