U

8 Messages

Friday, September 15th, 2023 11:28 PM

Closed

No longer an option to guest-pay internet bill?

I've been paying my mothers internet bill for years online by not logging in but just entering her address and then entering the payment info to pay the bill. Now that screen is no longer there and it requires her to sign in now, why did Xfinity remove the option to just pay the bill? Don't you want my money?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

We retired Quick Pay

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@santsander​ Thank you for sharing the link to quick pay Comcast Business accounts. That is the link customers will want to use to pay their bill only IF they have a Comcast Business account. @user_2ihzyb without logging into our system or speaking with our Xfinity Assistant, you can pay an Xfinity (residential account) bill via one of the following methods: 

• Say “Pay my bill” into the Xfinity Voice Remote linked to the account to open the account and pay on Xfinity X1.
  • Mail us a check drawn on a valid U.S. bank account or a cashier’s check issued by a valid U.S. bank.
    • Please use the insert included in the Xfinity bill. Never mail cash.
  • Visit an Xfinity Retail Store to pay using one of our Xfinity Self-Service Kiosks, which accept the payment methods listed above, plus cash and traveler’s checks.
  • Visit a Western Union Quick Collect location to pay by money order.

All of these methods do not require that you log into an account to make that payment. Additional information about the different methods for paying your Xfinity bill can be found in this help article

Please keep in mind, any change in the ability to make payments on an account by requiring a log in helps to ensure the continued security of all our customer accounts. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

She clearly wasn't looking for a business account, so that wasn't a necessary explanation. I'm sure it's widely known that all of the options you gave are available. Why did you not just ANSWER THE QUESTION?? DID xfinity take away the option of paying a REGULAR RESIDENTIAL ACCOUNT without signing in or not??? 
This is the same thing I was trying to find. Most people have major issues with xfinity's SUPER USELESS website, and I personally haven't been able to even GET TO the billing page in the two years I've been a customer. Now you're taking away the option to pay without signing in as well?? 
Time to just give up and go with another provider. I'm not chasing anyone down to pay a bill. Let alone an INTERNET provider that doesn't have a WORKING WEBSITE. 

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ I've tried paying over the phone but was told by the automated prompt that logging in is required across the board. I'm sure your other suggestions are equally invalid and useless. Why don't you have any better recommendations? 

Accepted Solution

8 Messages

1 year ago

Well for what its worth, I'm now using the Chase app to pay the bill by entering the billing account number and sending the money directly through that. So I guess I'll never have to use the Xfinity site again which is the silver lining to this whole drama.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_2ihzyb thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. You came to the right place for help and we are happy to help you get the payment taken care of. Just to confirm are you using our app or our Xinity website? 

8 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ The Xfinity website

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_2ihzyb Have you tried to do it on another device or browser? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

8 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ Yes I tried that, the option was removed from your website for whatever reason.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ No one is answering her question. I had the same problem this weekend... You used to be able to call in on the phone and pay someone else's bill without an issue. Now there's issues you have to log in to their account. Why would you take this option away for people trying to pay a bill? [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having same problem

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem, I used to pay through the quick bill pay and is gone.  That was the most easy and convenient way of paying the bill.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... why did Xfinity remove the option to just pay the bill? ...

They removed the ability to "pay anyone's bill online without authenticating" because scammers have been abusing it as part of a scheme to swindle customers. Lots of customers, for lots of money.

No doubt if Comcast can find a way to restore the option in a way that prevents it from being misused, they will. Meanwhile, we'll have to make do with the other methods listed in the "Official Solution" post above.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

Thank you. I always used the payment without signing in [Edited: "Inflammatory"/"Language"]. I am fed up. Pay way too much for tv and internet with no help from x fin. Time to use another provider.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_8f3259! We definitely want to make sure you're happy with your Xfinity service. You can check out all our convenient ways to pay bills here. I can review your account and get you the best possible pricing for your services. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am furious worst IVR support ever -- this is how you lose business I simply want to pay my moms bill -- I used to do this easily online -- get it together. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

My issue is very similar. My husband passed away three years ago and I did give them a death certificate three different times once I sent it to them and two times in person and for whatever reason they cannot remove him. He was the primary on this account, so the only option I have had without setting up a new service which, of course there is a large fee to do is to pay this way so now I can’t pay the bill. It is so frustrating and every time I’ve gone down to the local office I get more and more frustrated because they want you to go through this very complicated email process which I don’t have time to do. I have used all types of email services, text and social media with no problem whatsoever. This is the only company that seems to make it super complicated snd I find very frustrating that they just can’t help you either in person or on the phone, as soon as I can get another option, I will definitely be changing my service because of it. It’s just too frustrating and I don’t have time to waste…I don’t understand why these things are not regulated.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_afb0e6, my condolences to you and your family. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting your husband's account under your name. You have reached the right place and I am happy to assist you today?

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Hi when i sign up i have that phone number which i dont use any more and i dont even know the email i havee internet with u guys over 9 years i cant access to any of those and i put in my social or even my birthday its doesnt found me i use to pay without signing in what other option i can do to pay my bill 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_44e4c6, and thank you for reaching out about payment options we have for customers. Online is the most convenient, and I'm happy to help in any way I can with the login issue. Our other 3 options would be over the phone with the automated system or phone agent, inside a service center, or you can also mail in a payment if you wish. 

Please let me know if you need more information on any of these options, or if you would like assistance with your log in issue. 

4 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ Why are you straight up lying to customers? Paying by phone is no longer an option. I've tried both 1-800-XFINITY and 1-800-COMCAST, and neither support payments over the phone. If there's a mysterious 3rd number that actually does work, I'd love to know. 

2 Messages

This doesnt work paying someone else's account Because when you call, it picks up the number you are calling from which is my account.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

It did the same for me but it allows to find the account. You enter the service address and it finds the account and then you can pay it. I've been doing it for 10 years now. I can't do it no more

2 Messages

1 year ago

I was going to pay my bill but not anymore. If you lose or can’t remember your account information for this business that’s the end right there. Will take you 45 minutes on the phone [Edited: "Inflammatory"] trying to figure out your information. Let people quick pay again [Edited: "Language"] 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

Their apps and customer service are atrocious!

2 Messages

1 year ago

This [Edited: "Language"]!  Like another widow, I have been trying to update my account.  My husband has been dead for 5 years.  They have never updated it.  It’s heartbreaking to go through this ordeal.  When I discovered the Quick Pay, it was no big deal to pay the bill.  Now have no clue what to do.  I work from home and Xfinity is the only service in town.  Believe me, if there was another one.  I would be with it

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi, @user_3d1331 we can help. We just need to sign you into your account. You can use this link to find your Xfinity username https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1 and this link to reset the password. xfinity.com/password Once logged in you can make payments and update the account.

2 Messages

Xfinitys team is clearly not listening when multiple people have stated that due to their circumstances they do not have or know their credentials to log in!

The option to pay quick pay without signing in is no longer an option, no matter how many phone numbers or links you send us, so please Xfinity, just tell the truth or [Edited for language]. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @Sajane11. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide feedback, it is great for us to know where we can improve your experience and getting this information is really helpful. I know I have enjoyed using the quick pay option myself. We do value account security, and to accurately capture payments. With logging in to make payments, we can ensure account security.

We do offer so great tools to be able to look up the Xfinity ID, and reset the password with some great self-help options: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-change-your-username. 

Our awesome Customer Security Assurance experts are also available to help with any Xfinity ID concerns, they can be contacted over the phone at 1-800-XFINITY or online at: internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help.

11 months ago

I have always used this method to pay my bill, and now I cannot get my xfinity ID, regardless what I try. This is absolutely insane! lol

Are they really in this thread giving people the wrong information? Seems like they do not have their internal systems together, I would short their stock ATM if I could!

update before I post this: I was transferred to 7 different chat agents, all giving me the same canned replies, complete bot activity, phone bill pay doesn't work, absolutely useless customer support, they are obviously not listening to their customers AT ALL. 

Agents kept sending me the same payment link, or the same link to a article that is a 404 page now.

Truly sad. I am currently a comcast home customer, and business customer.... NOT FOR LONG. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @former_comcast_customer Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Oh no, I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having paying your billing, which we do appreciate. I truly understand how frustrating your experience has been espically getting the same link and the same repsonses over and over. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

11 months ago

I've been paying my internet bill for years online by not logging in but just entering her address and then entering the payment info to pay the bill. Now that screen is no longer there and it requires her to sign in now, why did Xfinity remove the option to just pay the bill? When I try to sign in the system is not accepting my information ,I call customer service and I was told that I was the first customer that was having issues paying my bill she transferred me so that I can bill through automated pay sytem

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Good afternoon and happy Friday, @user_ce600f. The process you were using to pay was called Xfinity Lite. We removed that to help protect your account. Scammers are getting more and more advanced, so we have been making some changes to stay ahead of them. Security is of the utmost importance to us! Were you able to get the payment entered through the automated system? 

2 Messages

@XfinityRay​ 
not to be rude, but you all could have informed us about this security issue. It's very inconvenient when there is no contact and you all just pull the plug on pay as guest; like an email notifying customers about this issue would have been nice. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_c8755c!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message anytime so that we can better assist.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

11 months ago

I agree with you. I was Paying a partial bill for my daughter every month. Now I'll have to find another way. They don't want my money either

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here