Community Forum

How do I see a message located in one of the archives?

Welcome to our Comcast Help & Support Forums

FAQ

Contributor

How do I see a message located in one of the archives?

Specifically, a message I want to review is located in the "TV Archive". I cannot bring it up to look at. How do I go about doing this?

Problem Solver

Re: How do I see a message located in one of the archives?

Have you tried right-clicking on the message and 'opening in a new tab/window/browser'?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Administrator

@LazerFlash wrote:

Specifically, a message I want to review is located in the "TV Archive". I cannot bring it up to look at. How do I go about doing this?

@LazerFlash,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. As mentioned in our Archival Project Announcement (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Xfinity-Help-amp-Support-Forum-Archival-Project/td-p/3...) states that "When a topic is archived you will still be able to view this post or link to them for insight in new discussions, you will simply not be able to continue the discussion. After some time in this public archive, it will no longer searchable or viewable." After leaving the archive open for over 1 year we made a decision to make the archive inaccessible to all users. This continues to assist us in our efforts to organize and maintain the forum. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience due to this change. 

To add some additional details about the Xfinity Forum Archive, posts are only archived if they meet the following 3 requirements;  they have reached a certain age, they have few replies and have a low view count. We ask that if you have a question, comment or concern that you find the most appropriate board for your post type and author a new post there. 

Thank you in advance for your understanding. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@LazerFlash wrote:

After leaving the archive open for over 1 year we made a decision to make the archive inaccessible to all users. This continues to assist us in our efforts to organize and maintain the forum. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience due to this change. 

This is not very helpful to those of us looking for answers that might be useful in our search for answers. I would humbly request that you reconsider the decision to close out the archive to end users. This seems to me to be a sort of corporate censorship. Why not let those for whom these forums were intended be the ultimate judge of what is or is not useful?

Contributor

@jav6joev wrote:

Have you tried right-clicking on the message and 'opening in a new tab/window/browser'?

Yeah, tried that. It brings up the generic "What can we help you with?' page.

Gold Problem Solver

@LazerFlash wrote: ... I would humbly request that you reconsider the decision to close out the archive to end users. ...

Seconded.

What seems especially odd is that some of the archived articles still appear in forum search results, but attempting to access them returns me to the Forums home page. For example, https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=a%20point%20about%20packet%20loss%20co... returns an article by @CajunTek that I refer to from time to time, but the article is no longer accessible.

Why return a search result that isn't really available? What's the point???