CCTeds's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

Monday, March 23rd, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Cartoon Network Moving to Digital Preferred and Preferred+ Packages Deferred

We previously communicated that the Cartoon Network would be moving to the Digital Preferred and Preferred+ packages on May 5. However, given recent events impacting our customers and our community, this has been deferred. We’ll re-evaluate at a later date and will notify our customers before making any changes to the packaging of Cartoon Network.

Earlier this month, we started to send bill messages to customers informing them of the Cartoon Network move.  This change is on hold. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

I have a feeling this is a move that might cause some unhappiness:

Xfinity TV Update: Effective May 5, 2020, Cartoon Network will be available as part of the Digital Preferred Tier. It will no longer be included with the Kids & Family Genre Pack. Learn more at xfinity.com/CartoonNetwork.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cartoon Network

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Just saw this on my bill.  Moving Cartoon Network and Adult Swim to Digital Preferred?  A lot of unhappy cordcutters coming your way in May!

"Effective May 5, 2020, Cartoon Network will be available as part of Digital
Preferred and Preferred Plus. It will no longer be available as part of Digital Starter,
Economy Plus Latino TV, Starter Latino TV or the Kids & Family Genre Pack.
Learn more at Xfinity.com/CartoonNetwork."

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

@tito752 wrote:

I have a feeling this is a move that might cause some unhappiness:

Xfinity TV Update: Effective May 5, 2020, Cartoon Network will be available as part of the Digital Preferred Tier. It will no longer be included with the Kids & Family Genre Pack. Learn more at xfinity.com/CartoonNetwork.

We previously communicated that the Cartoon Network would be moving to the Digital Preferred and Preferred+ packages on May 5. However, given recent events impacting our customers and our community, this has been deferred. We’ll re-evaluate at a later date and will notify our customers before making any changes to the packaging of Cartoon Network.

Earlier this month, we started to send bill messages to customers informing them of the Cartoon Network move. This change is on hold.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

Reply to year old post. Post being closed.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

In this time of quarantine, cartoon network is the only thing keeping my kids sane. It was scheduled to be removed from standard packages in April but has been pushed back upon further review of many complaints. I would literally have to pay 40 dollars more to pick up a digital preferred package just to get this channel. THATS absurd. As it is all the package prices have gone up and Comcast is pushing their voice packages down our throats. I dont need phone service I need cartoon network to keep my sanity for my kids. Comcast dont do this.
Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cartoon network moving to higher packages

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

@Bodecea22 wrote:
In this time of quarantine, cartoon network is the only thing keeping my kids sane. It was scheduled to be removed from standard packages in April but has been pushed back upon further review of many complaints. I would literally have to pay 40 dollars more to pick up a digital preferred package just to get this channel. THATS absurd. As it is all the package prices have gone up and Comcast is pushing their voice packages down our throats. I dont need phone service I need cartoon network to keep my sanity for my kids. Comcast dont do this.

The network may not have many viewers as it once did so as a result they considered on moving the channel in order to maintain cost. It was possibly deferred due to the pandemic.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

Most Cartoon Network content is being moved to HBO Max. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Just got the email telling us Cartoon Network is going away on April 13 unless we cough up more cash to Comcast. A few years ago they took away other channels we used to watch too. [Edited: "Language"] like this is why cable will be obsolete in 5 or 10 years.... if it isn't already.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Cartoon network was removed today 4/13/21 time to get Verizon Fios now. Cheaper and faster internet.

Bye bye ConCast

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]  It is a way for them to get people to 'rent' the larger more expensive boxes.  It is pathetic they charge for the small converter boxes on every tv.  They were not needed before the digital conversion, and only after for older analog tuner televisions.  They were free for a while and then required after comcast scrambled the signal and required them for digital tuner tv's.  and of course the monthly 'rental' fee has constantly increased.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Changing my package by taking away Cartoon Network is a violation of my 2 year contract. I will now be canceling my tv services with you based on this violation. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cartoon Network

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Taking away Adult Swim is a violation on my character. Lol. I am super [Edited: "Language"] about this!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am under a 2 year contract and I can no longer see cartoon network. Why is it gone?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled cartoon network

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

It was recently moved to the Digital Preferred and Preferred+ Packages.  You should have received notice in your billing statement.  Do you read those, or just the part where it shows how much you owe?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

To Xfinity

My bill is electronic so I missed the notice stating this change.  I really feel this is a breach of contract, but I am sure buried in the legal jargon,  Xfinity can do anything they want.  I do understand this is probably not all on you, considering Cartoon Network is owned by ATT, one of the largest unregulated monopolies on the planet.  I am speculating ATT is behind this hike, forcing its competitors to pony up on the channels they own, but doesn't really explain the customer experience of your organization.  

I left Xfinity years ago because of the ever increasing costs and subpar service.  I've only been back with Xfinity for for a handful of months and already I am looking for new service provider.   My service (cable & Internet) seem to go out at least once a month for several hours at a time.   When I try to call in for help I get your your automated system which is the worst I have ever experienced of any company.  Instead of being helped, I end hanging up extremely angered.  When I do get someone live, its someone from a foreign country who reads and reacts from placated script.  They are usually powerless to do anything outside the script and have questionable basic English skills.  The whole customer experience on trying to get help barely registers as a 2 on a scale from 1 - 10. 

My service provider search continues....

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled cartoon network now a paid service?

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

Hello @Tdub7 I hate to hear about the poor experience you've had with your services overall and with customer service when reaching out to help. I can definitely look into any service related issues you've been experiencing. Cartoon Network moved to the Digital Preferred or Preferred packages and is no longer available in other packages. Our goal is to always deliver the shows and movies our customers love to watch at the best value possible. With programming costs continuing to rise, moving Cartoon Network allows us to avoid passing these rising costs to customers, while still offering the channel for customers who value it. Every month, Comcast pays programmers like networks, local TV station owners and others, for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs when making these decisions. Given this, we moved the Cartoon Network to the Digital Preferred, Preferred or Preferred+ package, to help manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make the channel available to those who want to watch it. I can check and see if we have any promotions that meet your needs that the channel would be included in, as well as look into the service issues you've been experiencing. 

Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It's like a violation of my character to remove Adult Swim from my package. I mean isn't paying $190 a month worth having a network of cartoons? I'm not asking for adult channels here...Just some Adult Swim!!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Taking away Cartoon Network is a crime!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here