U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2023 3:45 PM

Closed

xfinity stream no longer casting to google home max

Hi, xfinity stream is no longer casting to my google home max.  Other devices in my home such as the original google home display are working, so it is just an issue with the google home max.  Tried the following:

• Removing app from my android device, reinstalled and logged in.  Still doesn't work
  • Rebooted router.  Still doesn't work
  • Reset Google Home Max to factory settings, still doesn't work
  • Checked settings in google home app to make sure casting is still allowed.  Still doesn't work
  • Performed DNS Flush as instructed here: 

https://www.minitool.com/news/error-tvapp-00100.html  - Still doesn't work

Keep getting TVAPP-00100 error message.

Other apps such as youtube, hulu and netflix work just fine, so must be a xfinity stream issue.  Anyone else have this issue, and have a fix?

Thanks in advance

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_cfd6ad I am sorry you are experiencing trouble casting Xfinity Stream to your TV.  We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have completed so far. Can you confirm that your TV is connected to your in home Wi-Fi network?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, yes connected on home network.  Have xfinity pods, which I disconnected and tried and still had same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Got it!  Thanks so much for that clarification.  We are going to need to take a closer look at things for you and work on this from our end.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address so that we can get started on this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I performed the requested action 3/5/2023.  Pending response. 

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through a peer to peer message! Oh, no! How Frustrating! I'm a mom, and we use our service for everything from homework to home security and entertainment. I know how important it is to be able to cast when you want, and I'm here to help! 

I would like to access the account to look into this further. To get started, can I please have your first and last name and complete address including city, state, zip code, and any apartment number if applicable?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing with my google home max. I have also tried casting xfinity from multiple devices and have had no success.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here. Has not been able to cast to Nest Hub Max for the last three weeks.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Hi, @Anon1464678. We're happy to look into this further. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name and address so we may further assist you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We have not been able to use the chrome cast option to our Google Hub Max for about two weeks now, Xfinity please fix your app.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Sorry for the experience you're having, @user_c241f0. I'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you. Please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I’m experiencing this same issue. It only occurs when attempting to cast the Xfinity Stream app to the Google Nest Hub Max. It hasn’t worked for about a month now, but it worked before then.

As a software developer, it’s clear that an update to the Xfinity Stream app broke the cast functionality only for the Nest Hub Max. Is Xfinity aware of this issue and do they plan to develop a fix?

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_89a770! We hate to hear you're experiencing trouble casting the Stream app. We're happy to help! Could you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and your full address?

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same thing going, follow the same instructions as the others? 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @user_611d21, thanks for letting us know that you're experiencing the same issue as well. Have you checked that your devices are updated to the latest software or tried uninstalling then reinstalling? Our app requirements are listed here to use:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Still not working with the Google nest Hub Max. That includes the Android application and also the web application. Is Comcast aware of this at all? Is a fix coming? This has been going on for over a month. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here which is super frustrating as I get the online only package. Frustrating 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_7732f0, thank you for connecting with us here in our forums. Have you attempted the same troubleshooting steps shared here on this thread?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue for more than a month. It worked fine until an update broke something. I have tried all the steps outlined

- Reinstalled the app

-Flushed DNS

-Rebooted router & modem

-Reset the Nest Hubs

-Updated all devices & apps

I can cast every other app to the Nest Hubs.

To make it even more frustrating, I get a 404 error when I try to send a message via the copy/pasted response from Xfinity.

This is incredibly frustrating that it has been going on this long and still no resolution.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello and thank you for reaching out for help with casting. We understand how important it is to be able to cast, and I am sorry to read you have been having trouble. It sounds like you have tried a few different steps, and I want to make sure this gets resolved. Please ensure you are following the directions outlined in this document to cast with Google. After reviewing the link, were you able to start casting?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I’ve been having the same issue as well.  The odd thing is that my smaller “Nest Hub” continues to work fine casting from Xfinity, but the “Nest Home Max” gets the dreaded error message - the “TVAPP-00100.”  

I’ve tried casting from other apps, DisneyPlus and HBO Max, and those seem to work fine with the Nest Home Max.  Casting to our main TV also works fine.  So, there is something with the current app and Next Hub Max that isn’t compatible. 

Please help.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding this issue you are having with your Nest Home Max. Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Hi Jeniece, 

Yes, I’ve tried all of the steps outlined above.

The Xfinity app works on the smaller Nest Hub just fine, it is only the Nest Hub Max that provides the error.  Is is possible to confirm that Xfinity is working on a software patch to solve the error we are getting on the Nest Hub Max?  No other streaming app I’ve tried is providing the same error message.

Thank you,

John

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for the response and for confirming what you have done to remedy these issues. Let us take a deeper look into this for you so we can help. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi - I am having the exact same issue with the Xfinity Stream app not working with Google Home.  It was working fine for the last couple of years connecting to my Google Home device.  It stopped working a couple of months ago.  I have tried all of the recommended on-line instructions - reinstalled the app, on same wi-fin network etc.  I even had a very savvy Comcast technician come to the house last Friday - he checked and optimized every possible connection and setting he could think of - it worked one time then stopped.  The Stream App loads on my iPhone, shows the name of the device I want to connect to in the list of available devices, when I select the Google Home device, the screen on the Google Home then changes to show that it is starting to Stream, the name of the Program that I want to watch via Stream then appears on the Screen, and then after about 30 seconds I get "Something went wrong" Please try again.  (TVAPP-00100).   All other Apps ie: YouTube etc continue to be able to stream from my phone to the Google Home.  The Stream App is really terrific when it works.  Please advise next steps to resolving ASAP.  Thanks.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_ec4caf​, I was told by Xfinity today that the Google Nest Hub Max isn't supported.  I am checking with Google too, as there seems to be an Xfinity Steam software capability issue with the Chromecast firmware version that is on the Hub Max. All other apps I tried work fine with the Hub Max.

The Chromecast firmware for the Nest Hub Max is 1.67.330920.  For the smaller Nest Hub, the one that works fine for me via Chromecast, it is 1.56.324896.  My hope is that there should be an easy patch by Google or Xfinity here somehow.  

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We can certainly help look into it with you here, @user_ec4caf to get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a Direct Message [private message]:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_60ef14 I still have not gotten any satisfaction out of Xfinity about this Steam casting issue.  Your Chromecast firm version for the Hub Max is the same as mine.  Is there some way to replace the current version of Chromecast with the older version 1.56.324896?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_ec4caf​ I don’t know of a way to downgrade to the older Chromecast version.  I’ve been chatting with Google Help Desk on this issue, and will ask. I’m holding out hope that one or both of these companies will fix the software issue.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_60ef14​ Any luck chatting with Google Help Desk on this issue?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

any luck getting this to work? I'm still having the issue here

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@shazzmoe​ nope, I placed a help desk ticket around the time I posted this and haven’t even heard from them. Not cool

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@shazzmoe​ no. Hasn't worked since February 15. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

wow that's really frustrating that there hasn't even been a response from them on it

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_7732f0 Thank you for reaching out and letting us know you had submitted a ticket about this.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here. Not working. Please provide a timeline for a fix. This is a Comcast app issue as all other streaming apps have no problems. 

TVAPP-00100 error code 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@Seanucsb​ also it's not just the app. It doesn't cast to nest Hub Max from Xfinity stream website as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey @Seanucsb! Sorry you're having this issues casting xfinity stream to Google Home Max. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine  there is nothing to troubleshoot on our end. It doesn't work. Please let us know when it will be fixed

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming! We would like to know what troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. This will help us with getting this resolved for you as quick as possible! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here, stopped working about 3 months ago. Seems like no fix is in the works by Xfinity. Sadly we will probably cancel Xfinity, too much money and no fixes for issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_999a9e Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums and we are sorry that the issue is still ongoing. We can certainly take a look into this for you. We will need you to send us a Private Message with your full name and address. Here are some instructions on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

So disappointing that Xfinity is ignoring this issue. I remember the day in February it happened. It was working fine in the morning that day and stopped working in the evening and hasn't worked since. This is not just a problem with the Xfinity stream app, it also doesn't cast from Xfinity stream on the web either. No other video app or source has this problem. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Anon1464678​ Agreed, this is extremely disappointing that the issue has gone unresolved for 3 months. I'm starting to wonder if Xfinity is intentionally blocking this Google device from streaming their app. I would be curious to see if Stream works with a similar device like the Amazon Echo Show.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here