chrismireya's profile
chrismireya
Rousing Reactor
Much Appreciation
Expressive Exchange

Contributor

 • 

41 Messages

Sat, Aug 25, 2018 7:00 PM

XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

After a recent move, we upgraded from our old X1 box to the new 4K "XG1v4-A" box to work with our Samsung 4K UHD television.

 

We immediately realized that our box was requiring a reboot every day. So, we've been unplugging the box and plugging it back in. I've contact Xfinity about this issue several times. No one over the phone has been able to help.

 

Xfinity tech support simply had me swap out my box for a new one (which they have to send via FedEx -- requiring me to drop off the old box to the Xfinity store).  This is the third box and I still have the same issue. 

 

So, Xfinity sent out a tech yesterday. We were also having some internet connectivity problems (intermittent loss of internet on all of our devices). He discovered that the splice was installed by the Xfinity installation guy incorrectly (or so he said). 

 

However, the tech was puzzled. He said that everything should be working. He then attempted to say that our "problem" was our television.

 

I explained that we have swapped to another TV that worked perfectly fine (trading my sister-in-law's for a few days). Our television worked perfectly fine at her house with Xfinity and her TV worked fine at our house using the same box and same HDMI cable.

 

I explained to the tech that this didn't happen with the old X1 box. It doesn't happen with anything else connected to the TV (e.g., Xbox One, Blu-ray, etc.). I've even swapped HDMI cords, switched HDMI inputs, etc. Each and every time, the problem is only with the new XG1v4 box. 

 

The tech then said that he thinks that the cable issue that he "fixed" might solve the issue. He left roughly 25 minutes after arriving and said that he would have someone follow-up with me in a couple of days.

 

Today, I turned everything on again....and have the same problem. 

 

My TV is a Samsung 4K UHD television.

My power save mode is OFF.

My HDMI cable is 2.0 compatible (and I've tried FIVE of them -- all with the same issue).

My TV's firmware is up-to-date.

 

Apparently, this is a known issue. There are quite a few threads on the Xfinity forums with many posters addressing this issue. For instance:

 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-Archive/XG1v4-requires-reboot/td-p/3025141

 

Doe anyone have a resolution? 

Responses

Contributor

 • 

41 Messages

2 y ago


@Klaus951 wrote:

Did you try turning on the energy saver option on your TV? It took care of the problem for me.


Could you please explain. Did you do this via your 4KTV or via the 4K X1 box?

 

I was instructed to turn OFF the "energy saver" problem via the X1 system box. It yields the same result regardless of whether it is on or off. 

 

BTW, my issue is with the Samsung 4K television. It seems like everyone that has a problem like this either has a Samsung 4K or Sony 4K television. 

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago

I had turned it off on the X1 Box. After just reading your post I also turned it off on the TV itself. I will see tomorrow morning if it worked and will let you know. Thank you.

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago

This morning I still had to reboot the box to get it to work. Turning off the energy saver option on the TV yesterday did not fix the problem. I communicated with a Comcast Technical Operations Supervisor yesterday and he told me that a fix would be pushed out within the next three weeks so I am just going to wait.

griam01

Contributor

 • 

36 Messages

2 y ago

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but over the last few days, the system comes up but the xfinity box won’t accept any commands from the remote. I even tried the xfinity remote app and that doesn’t work either. So over the last few days with no changes made by us, we now get audio and video but no remote works until we reboot. Anyone else notice this?
griam01

Contributor

 • 

36 Messages

2 y ago

Yes that is my point, I went from having to reboot every day because of no audio and video and now all of a sudden starting two days ago, I get audio and video now, but no remote commands.  So I am asking if others noticed anything similar since we were all on this thread with the same issues originally.  I know that I need to reboot it again, but point being for a different reason now.  

MNtundraRET

Expert

 • 

4.3K Messages

2 y ago


@griam01 wrote:
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but over the last few days, the system comes up but the xfinity box won’t accept any commands from the remote. I even tried the xfinity remote app and that doesn’t work either. So over the last few days with no changes made by us, we now get audio and video but no remote works until we reboot. Anyone else notice this?

I would force a reset, or unplug to reset. It sounds like the box got spiked from a misread control code from the remote. Reset the other X1 box too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
griam01

Contributor

 • 

36 Messages

2 y ago

I can definitely try that, but the battery percentage shows 80%, the box is only a few months old and a reboot of the box fixes the issue.  Just thought it was an odd symptom to show up since the audio and video issue we originally started with.  

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago

I think I may have found a workaround. Last night before going to bed I powered down the box by saying "power down" into the voice remote. When I got up this morning the TV went on with no problems. If anybody else tries that please let us know the result.

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@Anon1464678 wrote:

I think I may have found a workaround. Last night before going to bed I powered down the box by saying "power down" into the voice remote. When I got up this morning the TV went on with no problems. If anybody else tries that please let us know the result.


possible. but a new version is rolling out (no details from Comcast on if this new firmware is to fix the xg1v4 issue with loss of video).


Has the new version been pushed out yet?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Anon1464678 wrote:

I think I may have found a workaround. Last night before going to bed I powered down the box by saying "power down" into the voice remote. When I got up this morning the TV went on with no problems. If anybody else tries that please let us know the result.


possible. but a new version is rolling out (no details from Comcast on if this new firmware is to fix the xg1v4 issue with loss of video).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Anon1464678 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Anon1464678 wrote:

I think I may have found a workaround. Last night before going to bed I powered down the box by saying "power down" into the voice remote. When I got up this morning the TV went on with no problems. If anybody else tries that please let us know the result.


possible. but a new version is rolling out (no details from Comcast on if this new firmware is to fix the xg1v4 issue with loss of video).


Has the new version been pushed out yet?


i got the new version yesterday on xg1v4 3.3p6s2 still no word from Comcast on what is in the new update dated 1/11/2019

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago

Here are a few observations:

1) A firmware fix has not been pushed out yet to my X1 box

2) The power saving mode on the X1 box is not working. The box does not power down automatically when the TV is off and I am not watching.

3) If I power down the box manually before going to bed, either through the voice command or on the power down menu, the box will wake up normally in the morning. That is a workaround that I am using now until this is fixed.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

I’m having the same issue, but I have also a similar workaround that seems to work for me.
1. Before turning my tv off each night I turn it over to my hdmi that my Xbox is connected
2. Once I turn my tv on each day I turn the Xbox on and let it boot up, then I switch it over to the cable(xfinity) hdmi and it works fine.

It seems quicker than rebooting the xfinity box each day. Still annoying none the less.

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago


@jtpage4 wrote:
I’m having the same issue, but I have also a similar workaround that seems to work for me.
1. Before turning my tv off each night I turn it over to my hdmi that my Xbox is connected
2. Once I turn my tv on each day I turn the Xbox on and let it boot up, then I switch it over to the cable(xfinity) hdmi and it works fine.

It seems quicker than rebooting the xfinity box each day. Still annoying none the less.

Interesting. You should know that wiith my workaround the TV goes back on immediately when I turn it on in the morning. It does not take the time to reboot. Hope that helps.

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

2 y ago

Can you please post a picture of your "about" screen that shows the version and other information? Thanks.

New to the Community?

Start Here