U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 3:04 AM

Closed

NHL Center Ice -- New season, same problems

Tonight was a long night of NHL game channels that didn't work, then they did, then a posted message "Be Right Back" on some games -- until finally things stablized.

There were hundreds of complaints last season.  Can't anyone solve this for good?  I don't know if it's Comcast or NHL Center Ice, but it's beyond ridiculous that it's a new season and I am seeing the same exact problems as last season..

I've subscribed to NHL Center Ice for many years.  The problems only started last season and continued sporadically all season long.   For years -- no problems.  Then last year was pretty much a mess, and now the season has just started and it looks like last season.

For years, the NHL channels were in the 400 numbers.  Then last year they moved to the 3000 numbers which apparently are streamed channels.  If the 3000 channels don't work, then I switch over to the Comcast app on Roku and seem to have less problems -- but with occasional lags which can be maddening during a hockey game and the game can be as much as a minute or two behind real time.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family, user_b3c9f3. If you're still having issues I'd love to take a look at this for you. It does sound like a signal related issue so I'd have to look at your account. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

There were 7 NHL games last night, so 14 channels in all (1 per team).

I didn't care about all of the games but I checked all 14 channels.  12 channels worked, 2 did not.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Got it! We would like to check the signals going to your home. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityAntoine​ I am having the same problem as the message sender 

1 Message

@XfinityAntoine

I'm able to watch center ice games on my phone tha​t are having problems playing on my tv? What might be the issue?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_830qa2, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you also getting the error "XRE-03137 – Sorry, We're Having Trouble Connecting"? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

11 months ago

I have spent countless hours on the phone with various Xfinity techs & none can fix this problem.  I can watch some NHL Center Ice channels on our tbs, but not all of them.  Channel 3070 is what I care about the most & I can never watch that on any of my tbs, but I can stream it on the app.  Makes no sense at all & Xfinity is doing nothing to fix this!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We want you to enjoy all the action, and Our Digital Care Team can help @user_kk92e0! Is there an error code or message you're receiving on some NHL Center Ice channel on TBS, or channel 3070?

3 Messages

We get error code XRE-03137 when trying channel 3070 on any of our TVs, and I have claim <Edited: "Personal Information"> unresolved since 9/26/2023.  We can stream channel 3070 on the app on our phones when on home wifi, but can’t get it on any tv in the house.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_kk92e0 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. I would be happy to look into this channel issue with you. To get started, send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ 

I am so tired of spending hours on chats & on the phone with Xfinity & it is never resolved

5 Messages

11 months ago

For the 2nd game in a row the “center ice we’ll be right back” lasted from half of the first intermission till 5 minutes into the 2nd period, not sure what is going on but 2 in a row is more than a coincidence. I pay money to see the whole game for my team, as is I don’t get to see pre and post game analysis, now I don’t get the whole game? Is this the time to look for a new service for the game?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I am getting that as well.  It always starts in the middle of the intermission then sometimes extends into the new period, which it shouldn't. 

This problem seems to be between NHL Center Ice and the sports network providing the feed.  It probably doesn't have anything to do with Comcast.  It seems as if NHL Center Ice is intentionally blocking some part of the intermission.  If you google around, you see posts about this in other forums.  

On the positive side, I haven't had any transmission / failed to connect issues on any of the games in the past few nights.

5 Messages

11 months ago

What’s with the “center ice we’ll be right back” from half way of the 1st intermission till 15:00 of the 2nd period? 3 games in a row now

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Yes -- it happened yet again last night on the Boston feed of the Boston-Anaheim game.  It's like they are purposely blacking out some of the intermission but then no one turns the signal back on in time for the next period.   This happens both on the Comcast cable box and on the Comcast app on the Roku because the problem is between NHL Center Ice and the sports networks providing the signal.

This is the kind of stuff that went on last year -- and it was never really fixed although as the season went along, it happened less frequently.  Right now it is happening pretty much every night.

On the Comcast side, there's never a person who says he/she is in charge of managing the relationship with NHL Center Ice.   

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_b3c9f3. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums in regard to the NHL Center Ice messaging without returning to the game when it is supposed to. NHL Center Ice is subject to the same blackout rules that apply with regular broadcast games, but the scenario you're describing doesn't sound like it is tied to any blackout restrictions. 

I would like to investigate this further, as we want you to be able to enjoy your NHL viewing experience. Since I will need to gather some information to locate and authenticate your account, would you please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I created the ticket and my box was rebooted, which I do from time to time anyway.  

There are 14 games tonight so I tried to check a bunch of them out.  A few channels didn't work.  Buffalo-Ottawa worked just fine on the Ottawa feed but the Buffalo feed didn't work for probably close to an hour (you get the XRE-03137 cannot connect error).  Most of the rest of other games were okay but the Colorado feed of the Colorado-Islanders game wasn't working for awhile either.

The "We Will Be Right Back" screen popped up twice at intermission of Tampa-Carolina but only for 1-2 minutes each time and the game came back before the start of the next period.  NHL Center Ice definitely appears to be blocking some content, maybe local promos, which is fine as long as the game comes back before the next period.  The worst blocking has been the Boston NESN feed which has extended far into the next period.  The next NESN feed is Boston-Anaheim game on Thursday.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, and for allowing us the opportunity to help create your ticket to get this issue reported, @user_b3c9f3

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

The good news is that there no NHL Center Ice "We Will Be Right Back" outages at all during the Boston-Anaheim game last night.  Not even for a minute or two.

After that game, I surfed around to the other games.  The St Louis-Calgary game didn't connect on the Calgary station but was fine on the St. Louis station.  Same thing with the Islanders game, one feed working and one not working.  The rest of the games were fine.  Half an hour later I went back to the Calgary channel and it was working by that time.  This is pretty much how last season went.  If you're interested in a particular game feed and the broadcast is not working for a while, you just switch over to the other team's feed of the game and watch it there hopefully without problems.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same stuff here no 3070 no 3084 on the phone for half hour with xfinity very nice but didn’t help at all 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same problem different year. This is not a signal problem. Everything works fine except Center Ice. Please fix ASAP please

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 months ago

Soooo is there any solution? Or do we just cancel and save $69 and a ton of frustration? 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@Gunnar1979 Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I would love to look into this concern further to see how we can better assist you. Please send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

So channel 3083 works fine tonight. BUT 3095 same game but Canadian feed does not . I don’t see it as a hardware issue

1 Message

I am having the same problem with Xfinity in Colorado.  I would like to watch the game on channel 3095 but it does not work.  Same game on channel 3083 works fine.  What is going on with Canadian feed?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for the response and we are sorry to hear that this is going on @Gunnar1979. Please send us a DM by following the steps above and our team will be happy to further investigate this for you.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_can444​ Of the last four games on the Boston Bruins channel, 3 games have been fine.  The fourth one, last Saturday night, the channel did not connect for at least half the game.  Then suddenly it returned.  Most of the rest of the games on Saturday night seemed to be okay.  When a game doesn't work, I switch over to the Comcast app on the Roku and watch the channel there.  The two downsides of the Roku / Comcast app are that I cannot rewind at all to see a play again, and at least with my setup -- the Comcast app is at least 60-90 seconds behind the broadcast on the Comcast cable box, so you kind of don't want to look at the stats on your phone of the game because the score may change there before it changes on the tv app broadcast.

As I started this topic off, this is the same behavior as last year.  Most games are fine, then you have random channel(s) that don't work on a particular night. There's no pattern to it at all.  It is kind of maddening.  If you have the Comcast app on a Roku or other streaming device, you can continue to watch the channel that is not working on the Comcast cable box.

1 Message

10 months ago

Same thing - feels like NHL Center Ice has an issue with the Buffalo Sabres.

- Most games the opposing team channels work just fine but 3070 Sabres returns the same error.

-DVR records ok and works fine on the xfinity app.

- should be able to watch on my tv & see the Buffalo feed

- fed up hearing there’s an issue on my end; feels like a load of bs when everything else works fine 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @user_m8gvrd, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well. Is the issue still occurring? May I ask what troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? 

1 Message

10 months ago

This season has added new issues for me.  Not getting game coverage between periods, just music and a “we’ll be right back” message on the screen.  When game coverage does return, it’s already more than a minute into the next period.  Terrible coverage.  A lot can happen in a minute or more of hockey.  

then there’s the ongoing issue of setting record for my Pittsburgh Penguins games.  Almost never get the recording of the Pittsburgh broadcast, it’s usually the other team’s broadcast.  Seems to choose broadcast by alphabetical order instead of by the specifically desired team.  I’m in I.T.   So easy to program something to evaluate what team is desired and go to that team’s broadcast if available.  Don’t know why XFinity won’t do this.  I have to guess they don’t care… as long as they get paid for the service that’s good enough for them….no need to add something that will take effort on their part.

1 Message

9 months ago

2 games in a row now! Not working! Can’t connect on their end! SO frustrating!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings! Thanks @user_hsako3 for using our Forums to contact us. Are you still having issues at this time? We are happy to look into this.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I have the same problem! I’ve persevered through 4 sessions with tech support, replaced the channel box and had a technician come to verify everything is working. Still tonight I’m getting XRE 03037 on the game I want to watch (and several others). I’m exhausted trying to resolve the issue and no one seems to have an answer!

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

This is my second year of intermittent, random problems.  And last year I got a new cable box and the signal checked outside at the box.

The problems are completely random.  Different games on different nights, out for a few minutes here, out for 30 minutes there.

The one fix is my Roku.  I run the Comcast app on the Roku and there are literally no problems.  As I stated in an earlier post, the downside is that the feed is 60+ seconds behind the feed on the cable box, so don't be looking at the gamecast on various web sites on your phone, otherwise you'll see things happening on the game before you see them on the feed on the Roku.

The cheap Roku is $30 -- I would be very unhappy without it as a backup -- and sometimes I end up watching the whole game on the Roku.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_2bc064 and thread. I deeply apologize that issues are happening when you are trying to watch the game. I know that is frustrating and that is definitely not something we want you going through. From all of your troubleshooting steps, this has been recognized as a known issue. This happens when we troubleshoot and open tickets for the same issue. Our engineers are working to get this fixed. We will update the thread as we have further information and appreciate your patience while the work is completed.

As a temporary workaround, we recommend trying to reload the channel by going to a different channel then back to the right one, or trying to watch on the opposing team's channel. 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same situation for our Center Ice package.  Slow to bring up channel if at all. We pay extra for a service.   Also frustrating that when I receive team reminders it always tries to push to internet feed ie ESPN+ before it goes to the actual game channel.   Xfinity could do better.  Struggling again this evening. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_evxump thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues you are having with Center Ice. I would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

9 months ago

Of the 9 games on so far today, only the home broadcasts for Carolina, Chicago, and Montreal even worked at any time for me, otherwise all 15 other game channels would get stuck with the 3 flashing dots for a minute and then the XRE-03137 trouble connecting message. Frustrating while I'm opening my mail and reading of the new Xfinity fee increases.

30 minute later update: Vancouver feed turned on, but now I've lost Chicago and Montreal. Then Vancouver turned blank for 5 minutes (not even the 3 dots), went on for a minute, now it also gets the 03137 message. Ugh.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_lmpdrb Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into the XRE error messages and codes. As stated above by @XfinityRay this is a known issue and our engineers are working to ensure it is resolved as soon as possible. As a temporary workaround, we recommend trying to reload the channel by going to a different channel then back to the right one, or trying to watch on the opposing team's channel. Once more information is available we will make sure to update the thread. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem as the other posters here in the past week.  This is ridiculous…Xfinity knows there is a problem but does nothing to fix it.  I paid for a service that is unusable right now.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there @user_764c3b thank you so being active on our Forums and for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you are also having issues and our team is happy to work with you to see how we can make this better for you. To get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

9 months ago

It has stopped working again tonight, 1-4-24...Don't really feel like calling India again to get the run-around

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_kjdf7q thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with Center Ice. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting here on this platform. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it.

2 Messages

9 months ago

This has happened consistently this season for channel 3093 (Tampa Bay) and seems to be getting worse. Probably missed a good third of the game tonight with it randomly going to a black screen for several minutes at a time during play (error XRE-03090), then intermittently kicking us out of the channel altogether. Frustrating as [EDIT: Inappropriate Language]. Why am I paying for this??

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there @user_dgwczb, I'd love a chance to work with you and help with that error code you were running into. Are you still having issues? Is this only impacting that particular channel? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here