UnamusedPerson's profile

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 9:03 PM

Closed

Has anyone been able to apply with Xfinity for the EBB?

I keep getting error messages. I've tried calling and chatting,  and they tell me the ONLY way is the Xfinity EDD step 3 button. Is my only answer to switch providers? The EBB discount is good at all my other options,  but I'd hate to have to switch. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

All,

Here is some helpful frequently asked questions that may be able to assist those experiencing issues when enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. 

How do I sign up to receive the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
For instructions on how an eligible customer can enroll in this program, see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/emergency-broadband-benefit-enroll

Who determines eligibility for the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The FCC determines eligibility for the Emergency Broad Benefit. We will be relying on both our Internet Essentials verification process (approved by the FCC) and the National Verifier, which was established by the federal government to check eligibility for this program and similar government benefits.

When will the credit appear on the customer’s bill?
Once you receive confirmation of your enrollment, customers could see the Emergency Broadband Benefit credit on their very next bill. However, depending on when they enroll, the credit may not appear until the second bill after enrollment, in which case it would appear twice to account for the first and second month enrolled in the program.

How will I know if I am approved for the Emergency Broadband Benefit program?
After completing the enrollment process from the xfinity.com/EBB site, you will receive an EBB application in-progress $0 email confirmation which indicates your application is under review. Once you have been approved, you will receive an approval email that provides the details of the program and when to expect the credit to be applied to your bill statement.

What does the Emergency Broadband Benefit cover?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit applies to monthly charges for broadband Internet service and modem rental. Qualified households will temporarily receive a federal subsidy of up to $50 per month toward Xfinity Internet service, including Internet Essentials, and any applicable Xfinity Internet modem rental charges for the duration of the program. Qualified households within tribal lands will receive up to $75 per month. The level of the credit depends on the rate for the Internet service they choose.

How to Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program

To enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program, follow the steps in order as outlined below:

NEW CUSTOMERS

New Xfinity Internet Customers

1. New Xfinity Internet customers should check eligibility through the National Verifier and, if eligible, sign up for Xfinity Internet services at xfinity.com.
  2. If you’re eligible as confirmed by the National Verifier and you’ve enrolled in Xfinity Internet services, you’ll need to enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at xfinity.com/EBB using your Xfinity ID, and complete the consent and application process.
  3. Make sure the information (name, address, etc.) submitted on your National Verifier form matches the information submitted on your Xfinity Emergency Broadband Benefit enrollment form.

New Internet Essentials Customers

1. New Internet Essentials customers should apply for Internet Essentials at www.internetessentials.com and activate service.
  2. After activating your Internet Essentials service, you’ll need to enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at xfinity.com/EBB using your Xfinity ID and complete the consent and application process.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS

Existing Xfinity Internet Customers

1. Existing Xfinity Internet customers will need to check eligibility through the National Verifier.
  2.  If you’re eligible as confirmed by the National Verifier, you’ll need to enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at xfinity.com/EBB using your Xfinity ID, and complete the consent and application process.
  3. Make sure the information (name, address, etc.) submitted on your National Verifier form exactly matches (in some cases, this includes case sensitivity and any abbreviations) the information submitted on your Xfinity Emergency Broadband Benefit enrollment form.

Existing Internet Essentials Customers

1. Complete the enrollment from the xfinity.com/EBB website.
    • Note: Existing Internet Essentials customers do not need to check eligibility through the National Verifier.
  2. Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at xfinity.com/EBB using your Xfinity ID and complete the consent and application process.

Additional Questions?

Go to xfinity.com/EBB for more information and to view the list of frequently asked questions. Additional details on the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program can be found at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastJessie This info is [Edited: "Language"]... and you know it. Comcast makes it impossible to receive this benefit. I hope there is a class lawsuit against the company AND individual workers for misleading information.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

they kill me with these [Edited: "Language"] replies sounding all concerned when really they act like ROBOTS behind the screen and arent really going to do anything to resolve this issue. we sat there and gave ALL our private information on that application for the credit and now all this time is passing and something as simple as a LINK is what is causing us to not receive something we are approved for

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @, thank you for reaching out in our forum regarding this awesome new program that Xfinity is part of. I was very happy to see that we're participating and helping customers in any way possible. We certainly don't want to see you leave, and I appreciate you giving me the chance to help you apply. Does the error message you're running into providing a reason as to why you need to call in to complete it?  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastMarcos i this email "You Qualify for Lifeline! Now, it’s time to sign up." but Xfinify says i dont, what should i do?

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

Hi there, joshww, thanks for reaching out, and our apologies for the issues you're having in regards to the application process. Just so I can understand in more detail, are you referencing the EBB program or are you referring to our Internet Essentials services? Also, what is the exact error message you receive? Thanks again for your patience!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastMarcos I was approved by EBB on May 25, 2021.  I changed my account name to match my EBB application exactly.  I don't have another carrier.  I don't understand why I keep getting denied.  It's really frustrating.  [edited]

I don't know what else to do.

Regards, 

Tina

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

WE      my son and wife and I have been approved them online and myself I called their customer service. First you have to fill application online step l and 2 and you will get a statement saying Your approved or Not. If so step 3 says contact your ISP internet service provider so I called.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastMarcos wrote: ... Does the error message you're running into providing a reason as to why you need to call in to complete it?

At https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/billing/emergency-broadband-benefit-program/6081738c43a1b761d4e7c5c3?commentId=609c43f643a1b761d4e9f876 the poster stated:

... The web page apply now button gives an error message that tells me to call to complete. But I've called and chatted and they tell me it must be done via that button ...

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I qualified for the program and even received and application ID from the government verifier, but when I go directly to STEP #3 to apply on the Xfinity site I see my regular bill with NO change or discount. I don't know where I have to put in my information or what I am supposed to do other than cancel my service. I have been on the verge of canceling my service for several months now because it is SO expensive! This government discount is the perfect solution for me, but if Xfinity won't give it to me, I too will just find another provider who will.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_85119c, I hope all is well. We want you to be able to take advantage of this program. If you already have service and sign into your account during step three all you should need to do is check the submit application button at the bottom of the screen. If you are seeing any error message when trying to submit the application, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good question @ and yes! You will need to have your application approved before you receive the discount. Please let us know if you need further assistance or have any additional questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I qualified for the program and submitted my application on Xfinity but my bill hasn't changed!!! I'm so tired of dealing with Xfinity and trying to lower my bill and this program would help us a lot. I qualified for the program and filled out the Xfinity application. I received an email from Xfinity to view my UPDATED SERVICE ORDER and there is 0 change. Under EBB Application it says $0.00 / mo

What is that! I qualify for the program! I should at least get a $50 discount. I'm gonig to have to go elsewhere for my Internet service!

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_85119c 

If you're looking online at your account, this is most likely not going to change until your new billing statement is posted.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_85119c

I have also had the same issues. It is an infinite loop of customer service calls over two weeks and they are all given scripts to read. I wish the government would deregulate cable television to create competition. Xfinity has a monopoly in my area so they don't care about service in my opinion. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I was also approved for the benefit but when I click step #3 is gives me an error and to chat with a friendly rep, which i have and been told it is a technical error and they are working on it and will email me when it is ready? I also got email from goverment verifier but cannot apply this credit due to xfinity site not working, no error code just tells to call or chat and they not much help, very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

Hello pkirste. The EBB program is an automated online application process. For helpful tips and FAQ regarding how to successfully submit your application for this benefit please visit our website: https://comca.st/2RPIvXM

Thank you for posting in our forum. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I qualified for the program and submitted my application on Xfinity but my bill hasn't changed!!! I'm so tired of dealing with Xfinity and trying to lower my bill and this program would help us a lot. I qualified for the program and filled out the Xfinity application. I received an email from Xfinity to view my UPDATED SERVICE ORDER and there is 0 change. Under EBB Application it says $0.00 / mo

What is that! I qualify for the program! I should at least get a $50 discount. I'm gonig to have to go elsewhere for my Internet service!

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@pkirste

Same here! It's not working. Just an infinite loop. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same here it’s ridiculous 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I'm sorry but I am extremely frustrated as well. I completed the verification application and qualified then went on the Xfinity site and completed STEP #3, submitting the application. It said that it could take up to 48 hours, but within a few hours I received and email from Xfinity the check my UPDATED SERVICE ORDER. When I did that, under EBB application, it shows $0.00. There is ZERO change in my service even though I qualified! I cannot get anyone to help me and am so frustrasted that I just want to find another provider.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

After you receive a copy of your order summary at the email address listed on your account, you will have prorated charges/credits applied to the account. Your next 2 bills after any package change may be a bit higher or lower depending on the package changes. You can learn more about what to expect with the link: https://comca.st/2SPHYFR. If your billing statement printed before the changes on the account and your MyAccount App will reflect the statement balance not the current balance on the account. I would be happy to look into this for you if you can please send a message with your name and service address to continue. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

What I was looking at was the email send a few hours ago, after I completed the application that read UPDATED SERVICE ORDER and the EBB Application said $0.00 and Changes $0. My bill is exactly the same. I'm confused as to why it would say that if I AM getting the discount? How am I supposed to know how much money will be taken out of my account next week when the payment gets pulled? How do I DM you?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

All great questions! Without looking at your specific account I wouldn't be able to fully answer those questions. I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us!

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_85119c

Same here!  I have also had the same issues. It is an infinite loop of customer service calls over two weeks and they are all given scripts to read. I wish the government would deregulate cable television to create competition. Xfinity has a monopoly in my area so they don't care about service in my opinion. It's very frustrating!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, but in STEP #3, I do not see a discount at all. It says the following (image attached). Should I submit anyway?

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

You would need to follow the instructions on the website to complete the process. Have you summitted? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

The website does not work. The technologists for Xfinity have it set up to go in infinite loops of nothing.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastDena 

Please make your links live by clicking on the link icon and inserting your URL.

Thanks.  😉

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This is the most frustrating part about Comcast. I was approved by the National Verifier in step 1, so I went to step 3 because I'm an existing xfinity internet customer. However, the step 3 link just leads to an error please contact us page after login. I chatted online and called customer service. It takes forever and many loops to speak to a live agent from the Internet Essentials team, and at the end, they will just give you the link xfinity.com/ebb and ask you to follow the instructions on website.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes the link for existing customers EBB application has not worked since May 12. You get an error page. The chat keeps saying to try again in 24-48 hours but it never changes. Always loops to an error and you can never apply and noone can help. 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there! I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the EBB Application, I know how frustrating this has been. We want to help you all out on getting the process going. Can you please call our Internet Essentials Department at 855-846-8376 and they will be more than happy to help. 

Please note that there may be a longer than normal hold time due to higher phone traffic because of the application issues. Thank you so much for understanding and for your patience. 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings again! I just wanted to touch base and see if you received any communication yet, regarding your EBB application. I haven't seen any notes in your account, but I know the Internet Essentials Team has their own notation system that we do not have access to (for privacy reasons), so I may not be able to see updates from them.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I am happy to hear you were in touch with our Internet Essentials Team and they are working to get this processed for you! We definitely appreciate your continued patience while we work to get this application process completed for you! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@ComcastJeniece

I noticed that today I am unable to log into the Forums with my primary account's email login. I can get to My Account, but when I go to access the Forums, it says that my Account has been locked? So in order to post this I had to log in using a secondary comcast email account. Please fix this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/users/602c1d4d0b27c161bb937c32

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I've been having the same problem,and called Xfinity several times with the same complaint. The chat service was no help either. They keep telling me to apply and I did and was already approved by lifeline. Lifeline says I must contact the broadband company and apply with then for me to receive the credit. I tried the xfinity.com/ebb site and it hasn't been working for days now. Can anyone here help?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@JustMe020

I spoke to Lifeline today to see if they were able to help since Xfinity was not helpful the past 4 days and she told me I was to tell Xfinity to apply my EBB benefits to my account and that there was no application needed.  Well, Xfinity decided to get cocky with me about this information given.  I am calling Lifeline again tmrw to see if this is accurate that an application is needed.  This is government money and we were approved for it and Xfinity is not giving it to us.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I have also had the same issues. It is an infinite loop of customer service calls over two weeks and they are all given scripts to read. I wish the government would deregulate cable television to create competition. Xfinity has a monopoly in my area so they don't care about service in my opinion. I am frustrated and you are correct.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having this exact same issue!  I go to "apply" at step 3 and receive the same error msg that tells me to call.  And then I call,  I'm told the only way to apply in online.    Frustrating!

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I have also had the same issues. It is an infinite loop of customer service calls over two weeks and they are all given scripts to read. I wish the government would deregulate cable television to create competition. Xfinity has a monopoly in my area so they don't care about service in my opinion. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I got an error message too. Seems like a lot of people have tried to apply and cannot do so. I contacted Xfinity twice and no one can help me, so calling or chatting with them online is a waste of time. I'm seriously thinking about switching to another provider. I'm tired of the slow Internet and the lack of customer service and no help when needed. Sickening. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I have also had the same issues. It is an infinite loop of customer service calls over two weeks and they are all given scripts to read. I wish the government would deregulate cable television to create competition. Xfinity has a monopoly in my area so they don't care about service in my opinion.  Unfortunately I have no additional providers in my area. No competition. They do what they want. It's sad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_604761! Thanks for using our forums page to reach out for help with signing up for our awesome [emergency broadband program](https://comca.st/3ubU1dE). I am sorry to learn about this experience as I understand the importance of taking advantage of this great program to help with staying within a budget. We can help! Would you mind confirming if you have completed all the following steps to apply?

1.           Qualify. All non-Internet Essentials XFINITY internet customers must confirm their eligibility with the program’s National Verifier: [Confirm Eligibility](https://comca.st/3faInvl)

2.           Connect. Sign up for Internet services. If you're already a customer, move to Step 3.

[Apply for Internet Essentials](https://comca.st/3u5tZZu)

[Shop for internet](https://comca.st/3vc7XFz)

3.           Access your bill credit. Once you’ve confirmed eligibility and connected to Internet services, use our simple application form to easily enroll in the benefit: [Start EBB application](https://comca.st/2Sc9Fs5)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I had same problem.  Approved at national verifier and follow the step 3 apply at EBB/Xfinity.  Email received saying to apply national verifier before apply Xfinity.  What is the problem here.  We are approved doesn't make sense.  Spoke with many different customer reps for the last two weeks.  They all keep telling me reapply in Xfinity site. Every time 24-48 hours waiting.  Perhaps same email received saying reapply 4 times already.  Why can someone or the managers at Xfinity taking the customer problem seriously.  I spoke to several EBB Supervisor at Xfinity saying will have back office fix my issue right the way.  Not seeing the problem being fix.   Per tonight's EBB supervisor confirmed their solution EBB team had IT issue, many customer have same problem and resolved this morning.. Here goes again, the rep had to manually put the application and said wait 24-48 hours.  Wish me luck. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have Internet essentials and when I try to do the xfinity ebb deal it keeps telling me I owe $125 today????  Obviously I’m not going to pay that.  Really angry how xfinity it seems is try their hardest to be unhelpful.  Ridiculous I have to talk to a guy in India who just made things worse.  Xfinity clearly doesn’t want anyone to use this offer.🤬🤬🤬

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Thank you for sharing all those details with me; really appreciate it! I'd like to take a deeper look into your account, in an effort to review your billing details, if that's okay with you? To do so, can you please click on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen. Once you click on that icon, you should be able to select "Xfinity Support", and this should give you the ability to shoot me a message. Can you also please include your full name, and your full address? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_3d150b just wondering if you have gotten anywhere on this? My mom got the same message but it said, “$150 due today” which makes no sense because her monthly payment is automatically deducted and she does not have an outstanding balance (and to my understanding people are eligible even if they have an outstanding balance/it’s irrelevant to the program). She called Xfinity yesterday and they told her that her automatic payment will be deducted tomorrow and to try again after her payment clears but it makes no sense because that part is irrelevant… 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I already applied 7times with xfinity ebb and every time I am getting same email that I am not qualified for EBB but I already qualified for EBB.So when I called xfinity with this issue they gave me 3 different number on 3 different days to talk with FCC,USAC and lifeline program people.I already talked with them and confirmed my all information is correct with them and xfinity.Last Friday when I called again xfinity they manually put my all information again and told me it should be fine by Monday but yesterday I got the same email again from xfinity.Today I went to xfinity customer service office for 8th time and they are saying they are not EBB people so I have to call their hotline.

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I called the EBB Hotline last Friday.  I had to wait 1 1/2 hours to speak with a rep. ( The music was lovely by the way. It kept playing over and over in my head the rest of the day).

Anyway.. The rep told me that the info on the EBB form has to match up with the info on the Comcast application .  In other words.. your name etc. has to all be in caps on their form .. and your name etc. has to be all in caps on the Comcast application... 

LIES!  I did it their way but to no avail... Oh well back to the drawing board. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_523643 

I had exact same issue.  Applied 4 times at EBB/Xfinity-two times application submitted by Xfinity reps.  Emailed received not qualified.  But I know I do.  Looks like the problem is Xfinity.  Xfinity Management team - please take the customer problem seriously.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What is the $125 for?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here