Tek's profile

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

This is the second time this has happened in the last two months. Out of nowhere, my DVR (both on the physical box and Stream App) is showing somebody else's recordings.  My box is now flooded with shows that recorded days ago, which were not there this morning.

Clearly something is mixed-up as these have no series recordings and suddenly appeared tonight after I did a SYSTEM REFRESH. 

1. Online in STREAM only shows somebody else DVR recordings and scheduled recordings. None of my scheduled recordings or recorings are showing.

2. On my DVR this other person's recordings and scheduled recordings are MERGED with my stuff on the box.

3. None of the SCHEDULED recordings have any Series Recordings on my box. 

Phone support was useless. All they did was have unplug the box. What do I do? I have tons of recordings scheduled that are not mine! 

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I just signed up for YouTube TV. I have 15+ years with Comcast and I am done.

Boxes are going back this week. I don't want to drop cable, but is starting to impact my life. Hours on the phone with support and endless pain with endless service problems.  

I am no cord cutter, but I am cutting the cord. YouTube TV has 90 percent of what I watch. If I don't need to put 40 hours a week in troubleshooting service problems and being run in circles the  the lost 10 percent will be priceless.  

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@mrszuhwiggins did your problem get solved? @AudioDropper  what about your problem?

These recordings in my box are from another area. Channel lineup is nothing like my town or surrounding towns. Waiting for national support. So stressed.... 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

@Tek ,

My Xfinity Stream Cloud website is back to showing my actual correct guide for my particular viewing area/region and not showing information for a totally different Boston area.

I don't know what was done to fix it though.

I guess you are having the same issue that you had before again, so that's definitely frustrating.

Hopefully your issue can be resolved somehow again and stay that way!

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar it is on all boxes and the stream app, but the recordings on the box play in the cloud when  I play them.  The channles are are recorded from are not even the same channel line-up for the 6 surrounding towns. Clearly COLORADO again and not Massachusetts. 

The Executive Offices are already involved and have escalated a ticket to National Tier 3 support due to the fact that this is now almost 7 months old from the very first occurence (even before I posted here). 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@Tek
Yes, my issue was resolved, but they told me that we did the “heavy lifting” for them by making the connection of who the two parties were. We were dealing with engineering. They tried a number of different things , nothing worked, so they deleted all my devices, all their devices, wiped out all passwords, cleared all histories, turned off any auto fill passwords, Etc. Then we had to add all devices back, reinstall the Stream app and manually log all devices back in. So far, so good. I know how frustrating it is. My problem was ongoing for months.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Tek 

So sorry this is happening again, it is a very inconvenient situation. Can you confirm whether this is happening both on your X1 box and on stream?

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, I will file a separate ticket on your behalf just in case.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar I would rather wait. I don't want to confuse the process as I have the new ticket number. They said they are working on it. If I don't get anywhere I will post back..

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Tek ,

I managed to get my escalation resolved on your behalf. It appears that your nDVR account was indeed linked to another account (one specific device) in the Colorado region, the device has been removed and your account has been updated to reflect its actual location.

Somebody will reach out to you, likely via phone, to validate and confirm resolution, so be on the lookout!

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar

My cloud / Stream. Including my scheduled recordings and previous recordings are all gone?

I can see them on my DVR in home, but not on Stream?

Will they come back? EDIT: The scheduled recordings are back.  My recordings are missing from the cloud still, but I watch them on the box. I just recorded a new one and it showed in stream. So eventually it will just catch up again. 

The random recordings are gone from my DVR. Which is good because this did not happen the last time.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

I am unsure what was done previously, but this time we were able to find the source of the issue.

nDVR is the networkDVR your account belongs to, think of it as a cluster of recordings from many accounts. Yours was previously assigned to the nDVR in Colorado, hence why you were getting all those random recordings. Now, you should be a member of the appropriate cluster, and since the device that kept resurfacing and reverting your membership to Colorado has been removed from your account, we are hopeful this will not be an issue for you moving forward.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @ComcastCesar

They did say this happened before and it was unlinked, but then happened again. Also, what is a nDVR?

How does this happen to begin with?

I would be very very excited if this was fixed for good.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar 

The scheduled recordings have synced back to my Stream App and Cloud. I am fine with not having any previous Cloud recorings if this is fixed.

I am sending you a quick private message to ask something else. 

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Moving forward, all your new scheduled recordings will be available both local and on stream. Sadly, however, in order to solve your specific issue, previous cloud recordings had to be purged.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar 

This is happening again! I did a System Refresh today and they all showed back up in my cloud again! I cannot take much more of this. 8 Months of this is getting out of control.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here