Community Forum

Can't rewind live TV when first turning on TV

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't rewind live TV when first turning on TV

I've had Xfinity for a year.  Until August or so, I could turn on my TV to the last station I was watching, and I could rewind that station up to an hour.  As of August, that functionality disappeared - I can't rewind at all when I first turn on the TV.

I normally use the Xfinity remote, which I assume turns on/off the TV and the DVR together, but I've also tried just turning off the Samsung TV with my Samsung remote, and it doesn't change the situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can't rewind live TV when first turning on TV

@TiminDE wrote:

I've had Xfinity for a year.  Until August or so, I could turn on my TV to the last station I was watching, and I could rewind that station up to an hour.  As of August, that functionality disappeared - I can't rewind at all when I first turn on the TV.

I normally use the Xfinity remote, which I assume turns on/off the TV and the DVR together, but I've also tried just turning off the Samsung TV with my Samsung remote, and it doesn't change the situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

this sometimes is caused by CEC being 'on'. press the Xfinity button >> Device Settings >> Power preferences >> and turn off "HDMI Device Control". fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks a bunch, @Rustyben - that did the trick.  No way I would have found that on my own.

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried to do what you suggested but it didn’t work. I don’t have that option under preferences. Funny but my other box works fine