CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020

Watchathon-Logo-Black.jpg

Starting Monday, May 11, 2020 and continuing through Sunday, May 17, 2020, the biggest week in television history is back!

If you’re an Xfinity TV customer with access to Xfinity On Demand, watch thousands of episodes from TV’s top networks, premium channels and subscription On Demand services. Catch up on series like HBO®’s Westworld, SHOWTIME®’s Billions and Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale! Learn more from Get Ready for Watchathon Week 2020 on Xfinity and Get Ready for Watchathon on Xfinity Flex on the Xfinity Hub.

Not an Xfinity TV customer, but have Xfinity service and an Xfinity ID and password? You can still watch a special selection of series from Hulu and full access to On Demand networks like STARZ, EPIX, Hitz, HBO, Cinemax, History Vault, Acorn TV, Anime Network, Pantaya and more with the Xfinity Stream online portal and app!

For more information, see How to Watch Xfinity Watchathon Week 2020.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I don't have xfinity on demand, I don't have any sort of "box"...I just have a tv...what you're talking about is a more costly form of cable that I cannot afford...So, again I ask "Why does Comcast/Xfinity no longer "unlock" the premium channels for the lenght of time the promotion runs? I dont see this as an unreasonable request--they used to do it all the time.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@andyross  This customer has a DTA device which doesn't have the technology for On Demand or for premium channels.   

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

is Starz no longer part of the watchathon  or has something changed with Starz during the Watchathon ? I was able to watch shows on demand on Starz on Tuesday, but beginning on Wednesday, it prompts me to subscribe to the channel of $8.99 per month. I had paused an episode of Outlander (S05E02) and was able to resume that and play it to the end, but when I went to episode 3, I ran into a subscription pay wall.

Bad enough that t was dropped with basically no warnigng as a channel and he cost of my package did not go down, and it was replaced with channels broadcasting 1950s and 1960s movies.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Just how are you watching Comcast TV? Are you using a CableCard device?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds  - appreciate the very quick response here and also the extra step of the credit for Starz. Truly appreciated !
while you investigate, I did do some extra testing, and everything else is working fine. have been able to access Hulu (never had a subsctiption).

I did also note, the issue I see wiht Starz happend on the stream app  (andorid, roku and LG tv) as well as the X1 boxes in the house.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Sarathena wrote: ... "Why does Comcast/Xfinity no longer "unlock" the premium channels for the lenght of time the promotion runs? I dont see this as an unreasonable request--they used to do it all the time.

I don't know why they don't unlock premium numbered channels, but it's been many years since they've done that. As stated previously, free preview content like Watchathon is typically only available On Demand and through special links in the Stream app and on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, not on the standard numbered channels.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@rovingIT  Hmm, not sure what's happening with that and we are taking a look to see what's up.  

In the meantime though, I want you to be able to see the rest of that series so go ahead and order Starz.

I applied a credit to your account that will cover a few months of Starz with our compliments. Enjoy!  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

A few comments  and clarifications - most all of our video customers have the equipment to watch On Demand either via a cable box or via Xfinity Stream or Flex.   

For traditional video, a digital cable box is required to view premium channels on our platforms in 2020 and anyone with a digital cable box has access to free previews On Demand when they are offered. 

Customers that only have DTA's (Digital Television Adapters -  available at a reduced monthly cost)  unfortunately do not have access to premium channels or On Demand programming due to the technology .  

Most all of our video providers/programming partners actually prefer or require On Demand only for Free Previews and Watchathon  - that way they can offer a lot more of their vast programming library on our customer's schedule as opposed to the network's limited linear schedule (what's in it for them).

This gives our customers the choice to find and watch the programs that they want, when they want and also allows for more exposure and discovery for our programming partners.  

Most all video consumed in 2020 is On Demand (in some shape or form) on our customer's schedule. Having the free previews only available On Demand also allows for a clean consistent message to our customers and encourages customers to sample multiple programs on their schedule.  

I certainly understand that some customers may prefer the linear free previews of yesterday, but that's just not how the majority of people (our customers and non-customers) prefer to consume video today. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

This Watchathon is great, but I'm desperately trying to get through Handmaid's Tale before it ends. What time tomorrow does it end, Eastern Time? Midnight? I'm already paying for the highest tier of cable service you have (I think), and I can't afford to add a Hulu subscription to that, especially right now with the way things are, but I don't think I can make it through, even if it goes until midnight (and definitely not if it ends earlier than that). 😞

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

SYFY supposed to be included but Harry Potter movies are scrambled. Why?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Note that according to the several days I that I have contacted Xfinity support including Jay Almyr - Watchathon "IS NOT be available via Roku if you only have internet service."

"It is not available on Roku 'because it is a Beta service'."

"Only tablet computer and phone allows Watchathon with internet service."

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am wondering why the watchathon ended early? It is only 8:30 pm and I no longer have access to any of the watchathon shows or movies... A bit of false advertising? It is supposed to be through the 17th, am I wrong? 🤷🏻‍♀️

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why is HBO no longer working? It is 5/17 and I can't finish watching Joker. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It wasn’t available to me for free on my Flex device. It requires subscriptions. See my previous post. I spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and it didn’t. Why promote free content when it’s not free?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds

I attempted to log in and watch some free content this week as part of your heavily promoted Watchathon event. Everything I attempted asked for me to pay or sign up for a pay subscription. I tried the two prominent big ticket movies you show in the advertising campaign touting this promotion (Joker and Once upon a time in Hollywood) as well as the new Jurassic Park. None of them work. This alleged free content all required payment.

I am with the previous poster ... why promote free content when its not free? This is false advertising.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here