suelibby's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

ID Channel

We just called Comcast to drop HBO and Starz since we can no longer afford them. The next thing I know we've lost the ID Channel!!!!!  What the heck? That's my favorite channel. I called the next day to say I'd pay extra for that channel and was told that only grandfathered-in customers could still have it and there was no way to put my account back into the grandfathered status. I am so upset. Our town chooses our provider. I can't get FIOS. I am so depressed now. I love the ID channel. Please Comcast, try to work out a deal with them!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

You should have read my warning pinned near the top of this forum. Unfortunately; your changes caused the loss of "grandfathered" posts. It's hard to get fixed with problems caused by Covid19 and it's political consequences.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I didn't think to look in the forum until I had a problem. It's too late now. But it is like you don't know what you don't know until it happens. So sad.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm not sure how to publicly post in this forum, so I am replying to yours. I am once again enjoying Discovery ID. I purchased Chromecast in order to view Disney + and I learned I could download the Discovery ID app and then view the channel on my TV. Cost $35 for Chromecast. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

You should have read my warning pinned near the top of this forum. Unfortunately; your changes caused the loss of "grandfathered" posts. It's hard to get fixed with problems caused by Covid19 and it's political consequences.

You should post the link to it in your reply.

Plus, a lot of customers don't know about these Forums until after something has happened and they go looking for answers and get directed here.  😉

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Vargabauer wrote:

I'm not sure how to publicly post in this forum, so I am replying to yours. I am once again enjoying Discovery ID. I purchased Chromecast in order to view Disney + and I learned I could download the Discovery ID app and then view the channel on my TV. Cost $35 for Chromecast. 

I still have  my "grandfathered" channels but your choice was a good alternative.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I was wondering about something like that as I can get the channel on my phone with my Verizon account. I will look into this chrome cast as I don’t want to watch it on my phone. Thanks for the suggestion.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I looked into the chromecast and I don't think it will work for me. I downloaded the ID app and to watch it with wifi I got a notice that my wifi carrier (Comcast) doesn't have access to this channel. I can watch it on my phone (Verizon) but got a pop up that steaming data fees would apply. So, I think I'm being held hostage by Comcast on the apps. as well since they are my wifi as well as my cable tv and phone. I'm boxed in.  😞

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too lost the ID channel and was so upset because I literally watch it all the time! I had downloaded ID Go onto my Amazon fire stick but needed a cable subscription to watch. I found 2 options though on my Amazon fire stick to be able to watch ID. One you can subscribe to PHILO for $20 a month and get the channel or two subscribe to True Crime Files presented by ID for $3.99 a month. Hope this helps

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will consider it. I'm hoping maybe some day if enough of us complain  Comcast may try to work out a deal. I almost considered Hulu but I don't have a smart TV so that would be another purchase.  I am still so upset. That was my favorite channel. So depressed   Again, thank you for your suggestion.  All I was trying to do was save money by dropping HBO and look what happened. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here