FogCitySue's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 21st, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Peacock Closed Captioning

How do I get closed captioning on Peacock.? I cannot seem to find anyplace to select it on Peacock.  

It is on automaticcally on all other Comcast broadcasts/channels as well as on Netflick and other channels that I watch through Roku.

i have tried watching Peacock on more than one TV and have the same problem. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 years ago

@user_34a057 Hi there! I know how annoying that closed captioning feature can be when you do not want it there. Peacock can be a little different when it comes to turning that feature off. I have listed some instructions below, try them and let us know if it works! 

Once a program begins playback, hit the OK button on your Xfinity remote to pause it. Scroll to the left to the text bubble icon, select None. Please allow 30 seconds for the subtitles to turn off/on.

For additional information about the Peacock app on Xfinity X1 & Flex see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-faqs

If you are experiencing this on non-Comcast equipment (i.e. Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc.), we ask that you please review this Peacock app article (https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/subtitles), or visit the Peacock TV app site directly here: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/category/watching-peacock

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@FogCitySue wrote:

How do I get closed captioning on Peacock.? I cannot seem to find anyplace to select it on Peacock.  

It is on automaticcally on all other Comcast broadcasts/channels as well as on Netflick and other channels that I watch through Roku.

i have tried watching Peacock on more than one TV and have the same problem. 

while watching a channel or on-demand video on Peacock press the down then right button to the right edge and press enter on the cartoon speech icon.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How do I enable closed captioning. I have followed the instructions, but it doesn't give me option to disable! I hate closed caption! It wasn't and issue until I had to actually create an account. I WANT IT GONE!!!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I can definitely understand the frustration if you aren't able to turn off closed captioning and I would be more than happy to help. Are you watching Peacock via an X1 box or through the Peacock app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

no matter what i do i can't get the CC to go off , it drives me nuts , i turn it off on xfinity and off on LG tv but when i play peacock its ALWAYS ON !!!

How do i get rid of it 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_34a057 Hi there! I know how annoying that closed captioning feature can be when you do not want it there. Peacock can be a little different when it comes to turning that feature off. I have listed some instructions below, try them and let us know if it works! 

While playing video on Peacock, press down on your remote control and move to the left until you get to the rectangular icon. Now, press OK when it turns yellow. You will be able to see different options. Look for Subtitles, and you can choose the subtitle you want or turn it off. 

This reply has been converted into a comment
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Press what button on which remote? Move what to the he left?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion.  For me the conversation icon is on the bottom left and then I selected English subtitles. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Any ideas why my closed caption doesn't work on Peacock? I don't have a problem with other apps. Youtube doesn't work either, but I'm ok with that.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Closed Caption on Peacock

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

Hi @chuck2009 

Could you elaborate a bit further as to the meaning of does not work? Is it missing? Is it lagging? Does it cut? Only on some programs vs all? etc

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Thanks for responding. I get no closed caption. I do get it on all the networks, Prime, Tubi, etc, etc, etc.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

Got it, in order to better triage this issue for you, could you provide some of the following details?

• Example program where you experienced this (Movie/Episode/etc)
  • What section within the app were you in? Welcome screen, browse section, etc?
  • Can you provide a short step-by-step of how you are trying to turn on CC

Regards,

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I access Peacock via the voice remote. Select Browse, then movies. No matter what movie I start, closed caption is not there. I also tried the series Yellowstone, and closed caption doesn't work there either. Closed caption does work on all my stations/networks, Tubi, etc.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

I have the same situation with my flex box. Closed captions work with everything except peacock, where they do not work at all. I have repeatedly turned them on with the CC balloon, but nothing happens. I have also turned them on in accessibility settings. Still no luck, trying with Cheers, Columbo, Carol Burnett, Alfred Hitchcock. They work fine everywhere else, such as Tubi, Pluto TV, etc.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I CAN'T get to CC on Peacock. Every other cha new and Internet stream have it. Tried Guide, up, down arrows, etc. Please advise or fix this.
Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled closed captions on Peacock

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

why can't I get closed caption on Peacock.  Or show me how to get it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@bethclarke3 wrote:

why can't I get closed caption on Peacock.  Or show me how to get i

while playing a channel or on-demand program, press down the right to the CC icon and press OK to toggle on/off.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@sylvia1003 wrote:

I pressed the down arrow and toggled to the closed caption box but still cannot figure out how to turn the subtitles on.

User interface updated. now while watching an on demand show or live press the down button on the remote and then the left button on the remote to the rectangular icon of a spoken word and when it is yellow, press the OK button and select your options (for example "subtitles" = English.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I pressed the down arrow and toggled to the closed caption box but still cannot figure out how to turn the subtitles on.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you so much. It worked!

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, thank you also.  It worked. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How do we turn this on?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

When I press down button nothing happens it will not move down?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hold the (4 way) down button
as if you were going to ff..or go back..keep going to conversation box at bottom..click the choice of English cc..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I get closed captioning on peacock

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Lanyard28 wrote:
How do I get closed captioning on peacock

while playing a video on your X1 Peacock app, press the down button on the remote and then left to the cartoon text icon. press the OK button to toggle the icon to yellow (on).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is there a way to turn on closed captioning by default instead of doing it one by one?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dschirf wrote:

Is there a way to turn on closed captioning by default instead of doing it one by one?

not so far. I check every week or so to see if the 'gear' (settings) option on Peacock has an option about captions but so far nothing has changed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here