U

Monday, January 8th, 2024 5:28 AM

Closed

PS5 issues with Wifi connection

Not sure if anyone is encountering this but yesterday is the first time i played the PS5 in a month or so, it was going good until 5 minutes goes by and my wifi loses IP and says on my PS5 "ps5 network settings lost", i go ahead and do a test conenction and it validates the IP and says im online, play for another 5 minutes and same thing happens (thus went on for the next 3-4 hours until i gave up for the night). Ive done multiple things on the PS5 thinking it was their issues as in refresh network settings, add/remove ssid, went to go restart the xfinity gateway/cable modem a couple of times, same thing is occuring. I took a deep dive into the issue today as i am a network engineer and logged into the my rented xfinity gateway/cable modem and first thing i did is look for the mac of the device and went to the adavnced settings to the logs, i found out this connection was changing ports every 5-10 minutes in logs yesterday and continuing to do it today, I would love for someone to reach out to me on this because now im convinced its on Xfinity side and not Playstation hardware/network.

2 Messages

8 months ago

Been having this horrible problem for a few weeks now. Its incredibly frustrating. It's something with there newer routers. My brother has there last model and has no issues but mine gives constant issues which is the newest model.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @Confusedmilo! Thanks for reaching out to us! I apologize to hear that you are having an issue with your Playstation 5 staying connected to the internet. I know how frustrating it can be when you're in the middle of an online match and the signal gets lost. It sounds like a reset on the wireless module on the modem could take care of this issue. Since it has been a few days, are you still having the issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Rebooting does not work. Have done everything i can possibly think of. 

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

@Confusedmilo Are you having issues with other devices? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

Check me out on TikTok Messc_marv 

5 Messages

Only one to figure it out in the world baby!! 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

8 months ago

@user_du9f7v Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I can definitely understand the frustration for this to happen while gaming. Have you tried setting up port forwarding for the PS5 to see if that resolves the issue? You can click here to view how to set that up.

2 Messages

7 months ago

I have been having the same issue and no, rebooting doesn’t help. I can’t get a human on the phone. How do I fix this?!

Expert

• 

192 Messages

@user_fcu2vf If you have tested with an Ethernet cable and are not seeing any issue then Comcast is not going to assist you. No ISP can guarantee speed/service over WiFi. Also, if you are not having this issue on other devices then it is something with the PS5, not the WiFi. Comcast will only ensure the Internet is up and working and will not troubleshoot specific device connection issues, you will need to do that yourself or contact an IT professional. I had received a connection error message on my PS5 although I was connected. When you receive a connection issue message on your PS5 are you going into the PS5 settings and performing a connection test? This usually results in no connection issues actually detected. Again, since this is happening with only your PS5 and impacting other PS5 customers (see links below) this is looking more and more like a Sony/PlayStation issue. Have you contacted Sony to see what they say?

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ps5-wifiethernet-lan-not-working/65958867f961c6163a35357c

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ps5-network-issues/658cb4e8f961c6163a346efd

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ps5connection-issues/657a3357f961c6163a310d6d

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ps5-connection-is-terrible/65765c0ee4ada5345192066d

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/internet-not-connecting-to-ps-five/65662f1c93c02b495090abae

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_fcu2vf. Thanks for posting on our community forums page. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Have you tried testing the PS5 with an ethernet connection? Is this happening with any other devices or just the PS5? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I have had the same issue. Port forwarding does not resolve the problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Asd5 Good morning to you! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team, and bring your experience to our attention. I would be happy to assist you in getting in the right direction for a resolution with your connection. Before we begin, can you please share any steps you have already tried aside from setting up the port forwarding? This way we don't repeat steps you have already tried. Thank you! 

5 Messages

7 months ago

I have been having spotty connection issues along with NAT type failure and I have my own router. It just randomly started happening this past weekend. I use a LAN cable and have tried resetting both my router and the ps5 multiple times and port forwarding. It seems like it has problems connecting to the internet. Then when I finally get it to work it will have problems connecting to game servers. The only only thing I did that made it somewhat work was changing the DNS to cloudfare but even then the NAT type will fail after a bit. Its really frustrating and I have no idea why this just randomly started happening.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good evening @Squirrel_Brain, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your PS5 connection issues. I see that you stated it just started happening this week and that you tried resetting your router and PS5 multiple times, we appreciate you trying those troubleshooting steps. Have you been having connection issues with any of your other devices this last week? May I also confirm that your software on your PS5 is up to date? 

5 Messages

Yes everything is up to date. It seems like it only happens with my LAN cable. If I connect via WiFi it goes back to NAT 2 but if I use wired it jumps to NAT 3. Xfinity is garbage. They raised my bill after only 3 months from the new service price. If I could switch to a different service I would in a heart beat. 

5 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ here is a more in depth post I made:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ps5-has-spotty-connection-w-nat-type-failure/65caa7d23687b45b6ad31cad

So, it was going good for a while but now it's back to spotty connection.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Squirrel_Brain, thank you for the details. We should run through some troubleshooting with you. When you have time, 

send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

3 months ago

I’ve been having the same issue for about two months now on my PS5 and all Amazon/Alexa devices. Xfinity has been no help at all; even scheduling to send a tech and then Xfinity cancelled the appointment the day before and did not give a reason and I couldn’t get anyone on the phone to explain. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi @user_du9f7v,

Thank you for creating a new post. I see you've had some connection issues with your PS5 over wifi, and we can do our best to help. I know this can be a headache, but we are here for you. Are you currently using your own modem or an Xfinity Gateway? Do you have any devices that are hardwired having the same troubles? 

5 Messages

3 months ago

My Ps5 struggles to connect to the internet and after repeatedly trying it finally will. Sometimes I have to forget my network and re-enter it. When it finally connects it often has a NAT type failure. So in order for me to get that to work I have to change it the DNS to cloud fare (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1) and that will get it to work for a little bit but it will soon go back to connection problems. Sometimes it will connect to the internet but I still will have to try over and over after starting a game to login to thier online servers. Other times it just doesn't connect at all. Then I have to start the process I mentioned at the beginning all over again. This just seemed to start happening randomly. I've had Xfinity for about 3(ish) months and haven't had any problems until now. I do have a Netgear modem/router but it has been working fine until now. This is what I have tried to no avail:

-set up port forwarding

-reset router (over and over)

-reset ps5 from safe mode

-tried rebuilding database on ps5

-tried switching back and forth between LAN and WiFi

I know it's Xfinity connection because I connect my phones hotspot(Tmobile) to the PS and it works just fine. All my other devices seem to be working fine. At times they do seem a little slow but they are working. I have no idea what to do. This is one of the main things I use my internet for.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Ps5 has spotty connection w/ NAT type failure
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here