R

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 1:58 AM

Closed

Problems with Some Apps on Xfinity Wifi

For the last few months I have had problems with certain apps across several devices (TV, Android, etc.) not working while on wifi. Some will not open or will take minutes to open. Examples: ESPN app on phone, many, many streaming apps on TV. If I turn on data they work fine, if I am on a different wifi system they work fine. Multiple attempts to resolve with Xfinity techs, including having the router replaced. Download speeds are fine, wifi is functioning properly according to techs.

There are two similar posts here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/problems-with-certain-apps-on-xfinity-wifi/62d597c3c1d78836ea3eba24

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/xfinity-wifi-not-connecting-to-certain-apps/627d29b96176867c2ed319c0

I'm looking for suggestions that do not involve upgrading or getting new equipment. This issue is brand new and the WiFi worked universally for over a year. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @rgillis022 we definitley want to ensure that you are able to enjoy all aspects of using the internet, and are here to help! What troubleshooting steps have you taken outside of the router replacement? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the apps? Checked for updates? Restarted your devices? Are the same apps impacted across your devices, or is it all different apps? 

2 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ this is the problem with Xfinity “techs”. The post made it clear that the apps work fine on Cellular data and on other WiFi networks yet, instead of offering a solution you still imply that it’s the apps that are the problem. Or the device itself….. 

it seems like many have had this issue and no solution is ever given when calling customers service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_1y5swj thanks for this feedback. The reason we ask if everything has been updated along with uninstalling/reinstalling is due to that fact that any type of updates can cause an app to not work properly even if the app works properly on other platforms or connections. I presume you have already done all these basic troubleshooting steps correct? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

7 months ago

I'm pretty tech savvy, I've done all of these things. No success. This has been happening over months, please don't come to me with simple solutions, because I've tried pretty much everything. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @rgillis022 Thank you so much for your time and patience. For a test. Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see.

To disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the xFi app and then select xFi Advanced Security. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security 

Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

It was never enabled to begin with. Any other ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@rgillis022 I am happy to help look into any issues, but I want to narrow this down for context.

"Certain apps across several devices (TV, Android, etc.) not working while on Wi-Fi"

- Is the issue related to specific app access routes(Xfinity Stream App Beta on Roku, Apps access directly via X1) 

- Android/Apple: Are apps up-to-date on their specific software? 

- Are you encountering this error when accessing only certain shows within that app or site?  

-Are issues encountered under optimal conditions? 

7 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

No, not across only specific access routes. Some websites or apps don't work on my phone, others don't work on fire tv, etc.

All of my software and apps on all devices are up to date. 

No, this happens on certain apps or websites perpetually. Won't load at all. 

All conditions appear to be optimal.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

rgillis022, I would like to take a closer look at your account. Could you send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

7 Messages

7 months ago

If there's not a response in the next 48 hours that solves the problem, I'm canceling xfinity for both myself and my mother's household.  This is insanity. 

1 Message

I am doing exactly the same thing

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact us and we are happy to work with you on these issues if you still need help. Please let us know, we are just a DM away! 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

Who ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

5 months ago

Were you able to fix this issue? I’ve had the same problem and customer service has been little to no help at all. 

1 Message

Nope, useless on all accounts. I would suggest finding a replacement for Comcast. Spotify, espn and numerous other apps don't work. Seems to be related to incompatibility with non ios devices (amazon, samsung, etc), 6.0 wifi Gen and certain apps (ESPN, Spotify, paramount+,etc).Comcast support doesn't seem to care or have an answer, other than blaming the user. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

All my other apps work great no problem except for the Xfinity app. Every half hour on the hour the app gets interrupted for no reason, forget about calling the customer service line last time they could not help me and said I needed someone to come to the house. Tech came out and said there is nothing I can do and got charged 100 dollars. I wish I could throw the Comcast service out but stuck with lousy customer service. 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the exact same issue. None of the apps on my smart LG TV will work unless I switch from my WiFi router to my personal hotspot on my iPhone with WiFi turned off on my iPhone using my ATT data usage.

Official Employee

• 

540 Messages

Hey there, @user_oo8ae9. What sort of troubleshooting steps have you taken on your end so far? Have you had the opportunity to reach out to LG for support with their device? Are you noticing the connection issue on devices connected through an ethernet cable? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here