U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 18th, 2022 5:26 PM

Closed

Problems with certain apps on Xfinity wifi

Since the middle of May I have had problems with certain apps across several devices not working while on wifi. Some will not open or will take minutes to open. Examples: NOAA weather app on phone, Disney+ on fire stick. If I turn on data they work fine, if I am on a different wifi system they work fine. Multiple attempts to resolve with Xfinity techs, including having the router replaced. Download speeds are fine, wifi is functioning properly according to techs. There was a similar post from May 12 - not sure what the resolution was. I'm looking for suggestions that do not involve upgrading or getting new equipment. Ideas?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 years ago

For a test. Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

To disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the xFi app and then select xFi Advanced Security. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security 

YMMV. Good luck !

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ Thank you for the suggestion but no change. Waited at least 10 min as suggested by Xfinity app, then restarted devices to see if apps would load. Any other suggestions?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJennifer You had replied to a similar issue in May. What was the resolution?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

When trying to load up these devices @user_348b17, is there an error, or is it just slow to load? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here