U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 5th, 2022 4:32 AM

Closed

TNT not working on Xfinity stream

It’s been a week or 2 and tnt will not work on my Xfinity stream app using my Apple TV. All other channels work fine. When I click on TNT I get an error message - playback issue TVAPP-00246. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

11 months ago

All,

I know it has been a while since this thread was active, but I wanted to share that with the latest update to the Xfinity Stream app and the iOS on your Apple devices should resolve this issue for all impacted customers. 

Please let us know if after ensuring all updates are complete, you continue to experience issues. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Why am I getting this “Playback Issue TVAPP-00246” when trying to watch TNT?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled TVAPP-00246 only on TNT

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello@user_0908dc! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Any fix on this yet? I am getting the same message for TNT only. 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our community, @user_d0649e. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you're still having issues with TNT. If so, is this on the Cable box, Flex, or streaming device? Please send us a Direct Message if so, so that we can get this resolved.

To send a Direct Message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I am getting this code on TNT through the Xfinity Stream app using Apple TV.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I’m also getting this message on TNT via both my Apple TVs. It works fine on my iPad and iPhone. Is there a fix?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why isn’t TNT available on Stream on my Roku device?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled TNT

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same problem

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @user_7de73b and thank you for reaching out over our Community Forum page. Can you tell me if you are connected to your home network? Are you getting any error messages or codes on the screen? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I cannot stream TNT either (Error: TVAPP 00231).

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @user_d156b8 I know how important it is to fix that error message you're getting for TNT. Have you checked for any firmware updates on the device or doing a soft reset? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue. No matter how many times I reload the app, the error message appears for TNT on the Xfinity Stream on Apple TV. The channel plays fine using the Xfinity Stream app on my iphone.  So I have downloaded the TNT app and have to closeout of Xfinity Stream and open TNT on their app which works every time.  Just odd that it works on my phone but not on Apple TV.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Why won’t they fix this?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I can understand the frustration and would love to see if we can perform some account specific troubleshooting to resolve this. To get started please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity stream keeps giving me error TVAPP-00213 only on TNT channel.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We want you to be able to fully enjoy your services with us, and I am here to help look into this TNT issue that you're having @user_09832c. Is this on a Smart TV, Roku, Firestick or mobile device when this issue happens? If it is an application, have you attempted uninstalling and reinstalling it? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I think Xfinity dropped TNT.  I currently have FUBO and we were going to switch back to Xfinity so we could have NESN and TNT all in one place.  It's no longer listed on the channel lineup and I just called and the rep said it's no longer a channel they offer but I could call Turner and request it and/or she would make a note that it's a channel that's requested.  So, good luck to all you fellow NHL and NBA fans out there.  Hopefully, this is bad or temporary info.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

TNT network on Xfinity Stream for Apple TV is not working properly.  After a few minutes of watching it freezes.  Picture quality is also hit and miss until the channel freezes.  All other channels seem to be working properly.  Xfinity, please get these bugs worked out or I will be canceling my service.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV TNT issues

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_7ad9c3! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Xfinity Stream App and would be more than happy to help. Are you still having trouble with the TNT channel tonight?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ Yes.  The issue is still occurring.  When first turning to TNT the picture is fine, then it degrades and degrades until finally it freezes.  I don't have any similar issues on any other apps and my internet connection is strong, so it would appear that it is a Xfinity Stream app issue.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. How long has this been going on? Have you deleted the app and reinstalled it? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I deleted and reinstalled the app.  Same problem.  Has been a problem since I started using the app on my Apple TV a few days ago.  It's almost like a buffering issue on this one channel.  Don't have this issue on any other Xfinity channels.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_7ad9c3 Thank you for letting us know. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here