U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 14th, 2022 12:13 AM

Closed

TVAPP-00246 only on TNT

Why am I getting this “Playback Issue TVAPP-00246” when trying to watch TNT?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

TNT not working on Xfinity stream

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hello@user_0908dc! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Any fix on this yet? I am getting the same message for TNT only. 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our community, @user_d0649e. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you're still having issues with TNT. If so, is this on the Cable box, Flex, or streaming device? Please send us a Direct Message if so, so that we can get this resolved.

To send a Direct Message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I am getting this code on TNT through the Xfinity Stream app using Apple TV.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_ee9581. Thank you for letting us know you're also receiving TVAPP-00246. I wanted to check in with you to see if this has been resolved, or if you're still getting the error while streaming using Apple TV? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m also getting this message on TNT via both my Apple TVs. It works fine on my iPad and iPhone. Is there a fix?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue only using the Apple TV stream app. I have no icon to send the direct message so can you turn on my messaging and help me fix this issue. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_cd8fb4 Good evening! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with yo Xfinity Stream App. I'm sorry to hear you are running into difficulties with your services, I know how frustrating that can be. I'm happy to assist you in getting in the right direction for a resolution. Can you please share any troubleshooting steps you have already tried? 

I have received your DM, and look forward to working with you this evening!  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

As of Nov. 21, 2022.  I have had this issue for over a week now.  I can watch TNT through the stand alone app tho, but not xfinity stream on Apple TV 4K.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue unfortunately. I have contacted Xfinity customer service and they seemingly had no idea what the problem was or what the solution would be.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_d4dde0​ I am having the same issue and they kept asking me questions with no clear solution. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yeah they have no clue. The only work-around is downloading the TNT app.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Glad to see it’s not just me with this issue. Anyone have a solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_3d3a58, and thank you for reaching out about the issue with streaming TNT. We would be happy to help in any way we can. 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same error code for over a week for TnT on my Apple TV xfinity stream app.  Please fix this 

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

hello @user_e3ba17  We're happy to help with the TNT issue you're experiencing. Have you been able to duplicate the issue on another device? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. Been going on for weeks. Will we get credit for the loss of service we’ve been paying for?  You can guarantee if it were the other way, we’d be forced to pay. 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I would love to take a look at what is happening and to get the issue resolved for you as quickly as possible, @bluzfanmr1. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same exact issue here.  I wanted to watch Christmas Vacation while decorating but NOPE.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I contacted Xfinity support through the chat, they could not help. They escalated the issue, still waiting. I agree about the credits.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m the original customer that complained about this issue on Nov 13.  A lot of back and forth testing with tech support… No resolution at this point. The problem is only on TNT while using the AppleTV Xfinity streaming App.  I was able to download Xfinity Streaming App directly to my LG smartTV… and TNT works there, although there is a lot of buffering issues while using TV this way, which is why we typically watch TV using AppleTV Apps.  

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Are they even working on this issue?

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

Hello, I want to let you know we are still working on this issue regarding the missing channels. We are updating the engineering team letting them know that this issue is still occurring and they continue to work on this issue. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I spoke to support on Thursday of this week. They told me this would be resolved in 72 hours as of Tuesday of last week. So far, NO CHANGE.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Hello there! I'd be happy to check on the status of the escalated concern that was submitted with us! Please feel free to join us in direct message so that we can check that out for ya! 

Here the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Any fix yet? Still not able to stream TNT for weeks. 

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

Hello @user_1713b8 I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, are you also receiving this error through the Apple TV and or Apple devices?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I'm getting this error also going on three weeks now on my Apple devices. When will this be fixed?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. TNT works fine on all my other xfinity stream apps (computer, Samsung projector, iPhone) but will not play on my AppleTV Xfinity app.

This is a massive bummer during the NBA season. The quality of the stream and the speed of the app is significantly worse on the Samsung than the AppleTV. 

please fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forum regarding the ongoing issue with TNT. We definitely want you to be able to watch your favorite channel especially during NBA season. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to help with the issue?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can confirm this is also happening on my Apple TV. TNT on Xfinity stream works great on all my other devices (web browser, iPhone, Samsung TV) but I’m getting this same error on my Apple TV when trying to stream TNT.

This is a bummer, particularly during the NBA season. The app on my Samsung TV is significantly slower and lower quality.

Please fix this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@mortscode, please let us know if you are still having issues. We would be happy to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here