hulashakes's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2023 4:14 PM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming Bravo Channel Content Audio and Video Out of Sync Issue; Recorded and On Demand

NEW EDIT - (Mar 24, 2024): Issue has not happened since Jan 23.  I am hoping the issue has been resolved.

Edit (Jan 23, 2024): Issue presented AGAIN today in recorded Bravo Content; The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City; S4E19; Reunion Part 3
Example: https://youtu.be/jwP9W5jP6c0

ISSUE

When using the Xfinity Steam App to view content from the the Bravo Channel and issue occurs where the audio and video become out of sync. Example, there is a few seconds lag in the audio so that dialogue does not match.

THIS SEEMS TO ONLY AFFECT CONTENT FROM THE BRAVO CHANNEL.

SEVERITY

Happens with almost any Bravo show when watching from recording or On Demand. Examples: Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, Vanderpump Rules, Southern Charm, Watch What Happens Live, etc.

The issue has been identified in the following apps:

IDENTIFY ISSUE CAUSE

Doesn't seem to be 100% of the time, but it does seem to occur when there is a commercial in the show, and then once the show resumes from commercial. My assumption is that the show is served from one source (data server) and the commercials from another / different source (data server). So it goes show, commercial, back to show and when it goes back to the show, its is out of sync. Seems to be mostly OK non-issue if user does not pause the show or fast forward the show; but that is not 100%.

And, once the show goes out of sync, their is no resolution. It never resolves and can't be viewed correctly either in Recordings or from the On Demand section of Xfinity. Eventually the show is abandoned.

This issue has previously been reported to Xfinity Customer Service, but has not been resolved.

This issue has been ongoing for more than a year.

Below are just a handful of user submitted same issue, with ZERO resolution.

Feb 28, 2022 - Xfinity streaming only Bravo recorded & On Demand /u/crazycatldy75

Jan 21, 2022 - Bravo Freezing

Apr 6, 2023 - DVR streaming Bravo

Mar 8, 2022 - Bravo freezes on dvr

Oct 4, 2021 - DVR recordings freeze while viewing on Xfinity Stream App

Mar 30, 2022 - Bravo shows never play through

Feb 2, 2022 - Bravo playback freezes and audio delay

Oct 31, 2022 - Bravo and sometimes mtv freezes screen and sound continues on

EXAMPLES

Xfinity - BravoTV content never loads

Xfinity - Bravo - Recorded Shows Out of Sync Audio and Video

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

@hulashakes Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Xfinity Streaming services, and your audio quality. I can totally see how this would be frustrating, and want to be sure to get this resolved for you. Before we begin, can you please give me an idea of any troubleshooting you have already tried? This way we know what to check off the list. I look forward to assist you in getting this taken care of once and for all. 

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

All normal steps you would think of.  Restarting the devices (Roku, ipad, Phone), uninstalling and re-installing the apps, power cycling my modem, power cycling my router.  I am fairly confidant that this issue is not on my side, considering the sheer volume of other people complaining about the same thing.  This is an Xfinity, Bravo or Xfinity and Bravo issue.

I have also posted this issue on Reddit: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/16ok1hl/xfinity_streaming_bravo_channel_content_audio_and/

The Xfinity person there believes it to be a Bravo issue.
So, I have also reached out to Bravo TV by emailing their support: bravotechissues@nbcuni.com, apps.bravotv@nbcuni.com (Sep 22, 2023)
I have not heard back yet.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for clarifying! Let's get a ticket submitted for you. Please send a dm to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and address please. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Sent DM to support. XfinityThomasC replied with the following:

"Thank you for reaching out to the community forum, it’s great we can connect this way! Just a heads-up we’ve detected a network performance issue in your area and will be working to make improvements starting 09/28/2023 at 12:00 AM (Central). You may experience a temporary Xfinity service interruption during this time, which could affect all the services. We are aware that some customers are having Intermittent issues affecting the sound quality when watching programming through the Xfinity Stream app on Roku devices. I recommend to resync your audio and video: Go into your Settings menu and check for a device update. If an update is present, select it. After your device is done updating or if no update is available, turn the device off and back on to make sure the changes are reflected. This should resolve the syncing issue. We know the issue of volume instability isn't isolated to the Xfinity Stream app, and we're actively working to investigate this issue. Based on the work so far, this will take additional time to resolve."

Seems like a fairly standard response, and I am not sure that XfinityThomasC really looked into the issue / is really aware.

This issue with Bravo content has persisted for more than 2 years, based on user reports on your site. I think it is time for Xfinity to put major effort into resolving the issue.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

100% CORRECT! IT HAS BEEN YEARS!!!! Problem persisted years prior to Covid and I’ve been contacting comcast/xfinity about it for as long as it’s been happening. Also has issues playing back Bravo shows after downloading them on my iPad. This is extremely frustrating when I’m traveling. I downloaded shows to watch on flights and then they wouldn’t play back. Verizon FIOS is being installed in my area. I think I’m going to have to jump ship and go with VERIZON. IM A DIAMOND CUSTOMER AT XFINITY AS WELL. VERY SAD THAT YOU CANT FIGUTE IT OUT YET CONTINUE TO BILL ME HEARLY $300/ month for [Edited: "Language"] service

(edited)

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

10 months ago

A recorded show that is a problem on Xfinity Stream works fine when I watch it on my TV or laptop computer. So I don't believe the problem is with Bravo but is with the Xfinity streaming app. My most frequent issue is with Bravo shows but I've had the issue with some other networks as well. It does seem to happen most around commercials.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm so tired of this happening I decided to Google 'What's the deal with Bravo and Xfinity' and got these posts! Thanks for trying to figure it all out for the rest of us. So unbelievably frustrating. 

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Hopefully if enough noise is made, someone will actually fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_4e3f7b. Thanks for reaching our team on our Forums page. We can definitely understand the importance of being able to enjoy some Bravo TV. Are there any troubleshooting steps you've taken? Our Xfinity app is a great resource to help get this resolved.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @hulashakes! Welcome back. Thanks for the comment! I agree that if enough customers reach out and work with us on troubleshooting/submitting tickets for this concern, it's more likely our engineers will be able to pinpoint and address what's going on. Based on our previous conversations (including some Direct Messages), I'm not sure if we've fully walked through that process with you yet. Would you mind sending us another DM to continue?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

No, the issue is not resolved.  You should still have an open ticket from my last report of this issue:  CR042047153.  This was in late August. I don't have time to call every time there is an issue!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

It is indeed 100% of the time. Bravo needs to know this.  In the last two days it has happened to three Bravo shows and I had to stop them half way and watch them on my main TV. I mean like what's the actual point if this is incapable of working? It's been going on for YEARS!

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

It's not a complete solution, but Xfinity should give us Peacock Premium for free until they get this resolved. That way we can watch the Bravo shows, although with commercials, and can download them as we ought to be able to do on the Xfinity Streaming app.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Kellyinhawaii Thank you for reaching out and letting us know you are experincing the same concerns.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’ve been having the same issue and it has been an issue for me with both NBC and Bravo. I’ll have entire segments between commercial where audio will never come back on or the playback freezes or lags. And these are my two favorite channels so it’s a lot of content I continue to have problems with. I even got a new main cable box about a month ago hopeful that would help and it didn’t.

Funny how Xfinity has a stake in Peacock, both NBC and Bravo stream on that app and Xfinity no longer includes it for free. Seems Xfinity is trying to force subscriptions onto their app!!!! My issues started after Peacock wasn’t included (late June timeframe). Coincidence???

For the money we all pay, this type of service is unacceptable. I refuse to spend any more hours on the phone and sit home for tech visits with no resolve because it is clear it is NOT MY HOME OR EQUIPMENT THAT IS THE ISSUE!!! Just read all the complaints on social media and the internet…do better Xfinity!!!

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

8 months ago

Here is an example of the Out of Sync issues in a recorded BravoTV show:

Xfinity - Bravo - Recorded Shows Out of Sync Audio and Video Example

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

8 months ago

Here is an example of a recorded BravoTV show that NEVER loads:

Xfinity - Bravo - Recorded Content Never Loads

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for getting back to us @hulashakes! These videos help a lot! At this time, I want to make sure we open a ticket on your account for our engineers to make sure the out of sync and the loading issue impacting your account is being worked on. Please send us a new direct message with your full name and full address. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Another message to support has been sent.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

8 months ago

This issue has been reported to Xfinity Support numerous times through the messaging app.

The following support reps have claimed they have looked into this between Sep 24, 2023 and Oct 9, 2023.
XfinityJoshuaG
XfinityPeterH
XfinityAnthonyT
XfinityThomasC

A new message was sent on Nov 25, 2023.
XfinityRuben 

A new message was sent on Nov 27, 2023.
XfinityVictor asks "does it happen with all Bravo Shows?"
I let him know I can only confirm it happens with Vanderpump Rules, Southern Charm, Winter House, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, Real Housewives of New York City, Real Housewives of Orange County. I am guessing it would happen on all Bravo shows if they were all watched.

A new message was sent on Nov 28, 2023.
XfinityMichaelC asks "Which device do you primarily use?" and I told him a Roku device.
He says "Having a look into the signal to the modem, everything looks within specification at this time."
I let him know that I believe the issue has something to do with the way the ads are served on BravoTV as the issue almost always occurs after a commercial break.

A new message was sent on Nov 30, 2023.
XfinityBenjaminM asks for Roku device models and timestamps of issues.
I provided model numbers of Roku devices, but told him this also occurs on iPhone and iPad.
I did not have timestamps of issues recorded.

A new message was sent on Dec 01, 2023.

XfinityXanadu asks for timestamps as well as iPhone and iPad models.

(edited)

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’ve also had this frustrating issue with Xfinity streaming and Bravo only. I don’t use Roku.. iPad only and use Xfinity Internet to watch. Like it has been said many times, it happens when a commercial break is over. I have called and called but no one understands when I tell them it only happens with Bravo which is the #1 channel I watch. I wish they would figure it out!! 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

8 months ago

I had been told by a Xfinity rep that a temporary work around is to restart the recorded show and then fast forward to where you were before the video locked up. This did work a couple times but not for the latest episode of Southern Charm. Xfinity- when will you fix this 2 plus year old problem? And what is the new workaround since the old one no longer works?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@Coloradohiker thank you for reaching back out to let us know this issue is still occurring. Since it's been a bit since we lat spoke, can you clarify how you are accessing the recordings? Also if this is on the DVR, do you have the option to see the programming via our On Demand Library? If so have you tried watching it there to see if you run into the same issue with an On Demand show as you do the DVR? That helps us determine best next steps. Also, what device are you using to access the programming?

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Device is iPad. If I have to watch it On Demand I will get all the commercials. The whole purpose of recording shows (for me) is to avoid commercials. To watch a show On Demand that I have recorded, I have to first delete the recording. Otherwise Stream just takes me to my recorded show. I don't think this will help your programmers figure out the problem. It's the same issue many users (including me) have been reporting for several years with the Stream app. I am disappointed the "work around" no longer works. So I need to ask for credit  back for services I pay for from Xfinity but don't receive. Will you take care of that?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Coloradohiker It appears for your concern, the temporary solution is still to rewind to desired start point after playback begins or restart, and fast forward. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

But the workaround does not work! So I have to ask again about a credit back on my account.

1 Message

7 months ago

This is still an issue. Fix it!

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

@user_qhfj1w Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

6 months ago

I am so annoyed! For over a year now the Bravo channel on Xfinity is messed up! The sound cuts in and out! It’s ridiculous! Fix it already Xfinity! 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@PinkPrettyPetite I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Is this happening on live TV or OnDemand, recording?

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

5 months ago

Had another frozen Bravo video two days ago (Below Deck). Tried the workaround (restart video and fast forward to where you left off) and it does not work. The problem, as others have pointed out, is most often when transitioning into or out of a commercial. And in case you haven't seen my previous posts, Xfinity, I use an IPad and your streaming app. We're going on three years now with this issue. How are you going to make clients whole for this issue since it seems you can't get it fixed?  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @Coloradohiker and thank you for reaching back on our Community Forums with your stream app issues. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our engineering team continues to investigate. We'll be happy to apply a one-time credit to your account for the issues. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here