U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 12:41 AM

Closed

DVR recordings freeze while viewing on Xfinity Stream App

For the last two weeks my DVR recordings have been freezing while watching them on the Xfinity Stream app. I can still hear the audio but the video completely freezes. It usually starts around the halfway point of the recording. Please help.

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

2 years ago

@user_33ff14

Hello! I can imagine this is very frustrating to have happen and we want a great experience no matter how you chose to enjoy your favorite shows or network. We have identified this issue and we have a team working on this already. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. What we are suggesting as we work on this to stream this via our website at https://comca.st/3GIZmiW.

As always, we care deeply about any concern you have as a consumer of our product. We want to continue to provide you the best and we will work hard to get this corrected as quickly as we can.

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ 

as many people have said, this does not work either. I just tried it again, and it was frozen at the same place as my xfinity app. So please do not continue to suggest things that do not work and get this resolved once and for all. Now, I can go to my TV and it will work. But just so aggravating. Especially with so much competition out there. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback on this matter, @user_fe9b47. To confirm I understand correctly. The issue is still present when using the website and app. But working on the TV box. Am I correct?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_bc207e. Thanks for bringing your playback issue on the Stream app to our attention. I'm confident we'll be able to make this right together. I've experienced this issue once myself. What helped resolve it was performing a System Refresh on my main cable box by pressing the A button my my X1 remote, and deleting and reinstalling the app. Let us know if that works for you too. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJay

Will performing a System Refresh on the man cable box cause programs  to delete or settings to change?

Official Employee

• 

890 Messages

@BrianH16 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Forum. A system refresh should not cause you to lose any programs or settings. It would be similar to a clearing of cache and cookies that someone would perform in a browser on the internet. We recommend powering down the cable box for about a minute by removing it from the power outlet. Let it boot back up and attempt the action again. I would also recommend the same steps for your modem as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’m having the same issue viewing Bravo DVR’d programs through xfinity stream app on iPhone. (Replay on TV/Cable has no problem). The shows video freezes at halfway mark but audio continues. I’ve refreshed, reset and unplugged system, each x1 cable box, modem, iPhone, etc —  Nothing fixes problem.

How should I proceed?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the same issue with Bravo programming on my Xfinity Streaming app. The video freezes but the audio is fine. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Sbriolat same! This is so incredibly frustrating night after night!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue with Bravo shows

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_397755 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience and would love to investigate this for you! What make and model of device are you experiencing this issue on? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am having this same issue. It has happened to 3 Bravo recordings in the past week. So frustrating! The recordings freeze when I try to stream on my phone (can still hear audio) and timeout and become unavailable when using the TV app. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here. Totally annoying!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

That is never the experience we want you to be having. Please allow us to get this figured out. Are you having issues that generate a specific error code? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

No error code. Only while using the app., the audio continues, but the video freezes. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for me, mostly with Bravo but other channels, too. Been happening at least a few weeks now. Super frustrating….

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue. Very frustrating 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! I apologize for the issues with the Xfinity Stream app. I'm happy to help you resolve the issue! Please send a private message with your full name and full address. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

[Edited: Language] This is sooooooo stupid!! And there’s no answer! Why is this even happening!!! I watch a show and it just freezes to audio only. No help what do ever! 

(edited)

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@delkp I want to help you get the issue with your video freezing as soon as possible. Is this happening mainly on Bravo as others have described or on multiple channels? Is this only on live channels, DVR, on Demand or a mixture? As much information as possible is very helpful? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue for me!  Been happening for weeks. I’ve removed the app, refreshed the system, unplugged and plugged back in. Same issue day after day. Only with Bravo channels and happens as soon as I try to fast forward it. Sometimes it will correct if I hit the 15 sec back arrow, but only about 30% of the time. Only does it on the app not playback on a tv or on the web on a computer. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_b564c2 and thread. I am seeing this issue is being worked on by our Engineering team now. I am showing the recordings are freezing on Bravo and TLC when using the Stream app. The sound will continue as you all have stated. This happens over WiFi or cellular, on Android and iOS. The temporary fix is to playback the shows from the Xfinity Stream website as opposed to the app. We hope to see this resolved soon and are very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Can’t use the web on phone it says you have to watch on app..just tried that. Problem w/bravo playback is still happening. We pay too much for Xfinity for this problem!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRay​ if it paused/froze in the app and you do as you suggested “playback from website” it still is frozen and will not play from there either.  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityRay any update on this?  It’s still happening. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has anyone found out why this is happening with the Bravo shows? It keeps happening to mine, I’m over it! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

It’s beyond frustrating. I am looking into switching to a different steaming service because of this. It used to happen every few months, but now it’s happening for every recording :-(

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing is happening to me every day. I've tried everything, including spending 30 minutes on the phone with an incompetent tech guy.  It's beyond frustrating to pay so much a month and have a service that doesn't work. After reading through the forums, it's very clear Xfinity knows there's a problem and needs to fix it.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_27fa5d! I can definitely understand how frustrating and inconvenient this issue has been and this is never the feeling we want for you. We appreciate your feedback and we're working hard to get this resolved. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Bravo Bravo Bravo! Xfinity fix this! How my times do I have to refresh my box?  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @Wanjus. I see you and others are reporting a similar issue with Bravo recordings. We appreciate you reaching out and for trying some troubleshooting on your end with your box. We are doing everything we can to help everyone along the way. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Exactly the same problem for us….video freezes but the audio still continues….happens ALWAYS on the Bravo shows

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_3e291f and community. I am seeing this is a known issue that our Engineers are working on. The workaround is to use the Xfinity Stream website but I know that if you are on mobile only that will not be possible as the app is required for viewing. We hope to have this resolved soon and will post it here when we have further information.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem w/bravo today..

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, please send us a private message! We would love to look into your playback concern and assist with troubleshooting.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Nope, still does it on the web version with Bravo shows. This has been going on for MONTHS, and we pay entirely (and I do mean ENTIRELY) too much for Xfinity services for this to happen. Fix it already. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_15c73f Our team is aware of the issues, and are working to get things resolved, We do appreciate your patience during this time. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here