U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 12:41 AM

Closed

DVR recordings freeze while viewing on Xfinity Stream App

For the last two weeks my DVR recordings have been freezing while watching them on the Xfinity Stream app. I can still hear the audio but the video completely freezes. It usually starts around the halfway point of the recording. Please help.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue happening with Bravo shows. When can we expect a fix? It’s highly frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello there @user_c73ec7 Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into an issue with your Bravo shows using the Xfinity Stream app. Since the Xfinity stream app does connect to your main box we do recommend that you do a system refresh on that box. You can check out here out to perform the refresh. https://comca.st/3G8ScEa

I personally do the refresh and once complete a box reset by unplugging it from the power for a few moments. Once the box is booted back up. Close out your stream app windows and clear the history on the device you are using then try it again with the newly refreshed system. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

This does not work. Everyone on the thread has tried this!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same with Bravo shows video freezing and audio keeps going. Happens on playback from DVR on any device. It’s SO FRUSTRATING!! 🤬

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

@user_29de74 what type of phone are you using and what's the software version? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

iPhone with the latest version as of 2/2

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

It seems to always happen after I fast forward. If I don’t touch it and let it go through all the commercials, it doesn’t do it. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing has been happening to me for months. Extremely frustrating and completely unacceptable. I’ve experienced it on iPad and iPhone but not from my tv connected to the cable box. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem with Bravo!  For many months! Fix this already!!!! Watching on ipad. Updated new iOS. Deleted and reinstalled app. Reset cable. Nothing works.  😡😡

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue and with all network recordings… EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and for few weeks now. Think it’s time for a cable provider switch. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello @Jaja1234, thank you for being a part of the Comcast family and for taking the time to reach out to us. I am sorry to hear you are having concerns with your recordings. Do not worry, I can assure you reached the right person, I will be happy to assist you through to a resolution with your service concerns. To get started, would you be so kind as to send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone found an actual fix for this issue? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issues with Bravo recordings! We pay way too much for Xfinity to not be able to watch my recordings on my phone. 

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_eafff8

I can definitely understand how that can be frustrating and we want you to have full access to all your shows and recordings. Have you tried to stream your recording through https://comca.st/344iI4G?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

You can’t use that link if you’re on an iPhone or iPad. You have to use the app. At least that’s what the website says when I try to stream from the website. We’ve literally tried EVERYTHING.  Please fix the interface with the app and Bravo!  That’s the only station it does it on. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing is happening with me! All Bravo shows. We recently returned from 2 years without Cable and I’m really disappointed. This never happened with FuboTv or YouTube Tv. This needs to be fixed.. why am I paying extra for DVR when it doesn’t even work??!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same for me! We pay way too much for this to happen! I look forward to my contract being over to go elsewhere or try some other cable/streaming service. Why isn’t this fixed already clearly it’s been happening for months. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_73929c

Have you tried resetting the box manually by unplugging from the power for 10 minutes? I would also check all connections and if you are using a splitter? I would try and bypass this to see if that clears the issue.

If you have tried these fixes and your recordings are still freezing, please feel free to send us a private message with your full name and full service address. 

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Just happened again on Bravo. Please fix this!  Audio but no video after during the fast forward button. Using on iPad in the Stream app. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

The DVR freezing every time we want to watch something on the app is going to send us all to Verizon! Honestly for the money we pay Xfinity (I pay well over $300 a month) this should not be happening!! I should listen to my kids and get rid of cable😉Please fix this issue!!!!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Me too.  This has been happening for weeks if not months.  On my iPad using the xfinity stream app, all my Bravo shows freeze the screen and continue audio.  It is beyond frustrating.  I pay way too much for these engineers to not figure this out by now.  I have done all the rebooting and reinstalling suggested.  Nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums to let us know about the situation, @user_8168a5. I'm sorry to hear it has been ongoing for so long. We certainly appreciate your attempts at troubleshooting as well. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity doesn’t care and all the customer service reps act as if they have never heard of such a problem. Everyone I have ever talked to, go over the same scripted and useless “fixes”, that just to wear me down and get me frustrated. No one ever follows up on the problem and if I call again, I have to go through it all over again and I have had this problem, off and on for a few years. They are so useless and frustrating that it makes me not want to deal with them. 
Things we’ve tried:

*They refresh the signal 

*They tell you to unplug the main box, wait 10 seconds before plugging in 

*Repeat same thing with the modem

*Delete the app and reinstall

*Once you’ve done all this, and it doesn’t work, the will try to schedule a tech to come to your house… 😂😂😂. What the hell do they think a tech is going to do?🤣🤣🤣 So they train the techs on iCloud diagnostics and/or Bravo troubleshooting? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Since Xfinity has already sold us the DVR recording service, it seems they're not that interested in actually supporting that particular service. So...next month I will request that they remove it (and the fee) from my bill and my list of services. It's only fair; why should you pay for something that doesn't work?  It's a shame, because it used to work so well.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_b37335 I completley understand your frustration and would like to investigate your DVR issues before canceling.

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? 

To send a Private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here