dansgen1alero's profile

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

Saturday, November 12th, 2022 3:30 PM

Stream App volume fluctuations  (low to really loud)

For the past maybe month or so there has been some very annoying and concerning volume fluctuations watching the stream app through Roku. (multiple tvs, multiple channels). It corrects itself when I hop out and go back in however late at night when I am sleeping and the volume skyrockets it wakes me up and in some instances starts to crackle my speakers being so loud. Other times it reduces to so low that it can't be heard. 

I have rebooted devices, reinstalled the app, checked app and Roku for updates. All that seems to be on the up and up. This is not at commercial breaks as used to be with comcast in general, but during shows, and even the music channels.  This is very annoying and now looking at sound bars with the capability to balance those fluctuations (ie DRC) if it is even possible.  Any help is most appreciated. 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

250 Messages

2 months ago

@dansgen1alero After reaching out to our backend team who handles these tickets and are in communication with our engineers, this issue is not on Xfinity's end. Roku has advised our backend team that they will implement a firmware update later this year. Any tickets that have recently been created are being closed automatically as we do not have an ETA for when the fix will be implemented. We appreciate your understanding of the situation and look forward to a speedy resolution from Roku's end. 

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi I agree it is a Roku issue. I have been using Fire stick with xfinity stream and no volume issues..

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@user_9a12f2​ If that were the case then all channels on Roku devices would be having this issue. It only happens on the Xfinity Stream App coded for Roku. The stream app coded for firestick does not have this issue. Rokus has denied responsibility and consistently requests reaching back out to Xfinity. 

1 Message

I just want to chime in as someone who has been in application support for a SaaS product for 5 years, this issue is definitely not fixed.  I know how to make sure that the device is up to date.  I know that as support people we tend to be like "well, the user is probably doing something wrong" and the devs obviously all think that their work is flawless, and fall back to "I can't reproduce it on my dev machine" but the issue is still happening.

Roku and Comcast are both playing hot potato with this issue, and I am of the opinion that resources aren't being dedicated to this project on Comcast's side because the higher ups want to push users to pay to rent a set top box as much as possible.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

Exactly, That is why I push for credits each month. I gave them the option about a year ago, either $25 a month, or 5 x box rentals for free until the issue is resolved.  I bought the Roku as a way to cut out the rental fees and minimize my high cable bill. Just seems the price keeps increasing, and the service/quality of what we are paying for continues to decrease.  They then also try to incorporate this issue with the A/V sync issue which are not associated and I try to tell them, the sync issue was accepted by Roku as being their issue, and they fixed in in less than 2 months. Comcast will continue to push this as being their issue too when based on what I have seen is solely comcasts issue. 

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

2 months ago

I do not accept the "official solution" as a solution because Roku denies they are working on anything. Until they confirm the issue is on their end, I will believe their last communication with me that it is an xfinity stream app issue and not a roku firmware. Roku is a lot fast at fixing issues then xfinity historically and if the issue was Rokus's they would have had a fix already like they did when they had the audio/visual sync issue, which they corrected in less than 2 months. 

2 Messages

I agree.  The issue is with the Xfinity app, not the Roku software.  Comcast is responsible to the app.  If the problem was with the Roku, you would expect volume issues in all the apps.  Comcast has notoriously bad customer support.  I was un-happy when they gave up their own android email app.  Watch them fix it by discontinuing the app.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

2 months ago

Update from Roku:

We appreciate you for keeping us posted!

We're sorry to hear about the experience this may have caused you with the Xfinity Stream app. That's not what we aim for. Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for that channel's authentication or functionality. For more information, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You can reach Xfinity customer support here: Xfinity Support.

Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

So, now Roku claims no responsibility and Xfinity does the same. So frustrating!!!!! I'm thinking of dumping both of them if it can't get resolved. I'm so tired of the run around. Xfinity go back to the BETA version!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The same exact thing has been happening to all of our TV’s over the last month. We called Comcast and got nowhere. 

2 Messages

I also have this very annoying problem, I have 3 different types of Roku's on different TVs and I have this sound problem on all of them. I do not have this sound problem with any of the other streaming apps on my RoKu's, so this is deffinately an Xfinity stream issue. Yesterday it suddenly got so loud I think that it blew out the speakers on my TV set.  Come on Xfinity, you can do much better than this.

Official Employee

• 

935 Messages

Hello, @user_1laheb. Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. I know our engineering team has been working to improve the experience with the Xfinity Stream app on Roku devices. Have you tried reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app on your devices to ensure you have the latest version? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

this continues to occur even  when you delete and re install the app. When will this be fixed?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

@JM-PHL Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for a fix on the Roku volume issue. We are still working with the Roku team to get this figured out.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@XfinityTony​ We need more of an update than just working on. It has been almost 15 months now. At what stage is comcast at in a fix?  Are they finally coding a new app?  Are they going to finally revisit rolling back to the beta version since it had no issues?  Please inform us. DM's are no longer being replied to. I am being ignored and have to call to get my monthly credit now.  My tolerance is wearing thin. 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

Hello there!
Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to bring this to our attention! We can certainly understand the annoyance it could cause with going so low, then high volume! We'd be happy to help out!
It sounds like you're off to a great start with troubleshooting!
May I ask, at the present moment, are you currently using any sound bar of sorts? I know you'd mentioned having been looking at them! But had not known whether or not there was already one in the equation or not! Also, do you by chance know the model of Roku device you are currently using? We hope to hear from ya soon! 🙂

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ Thanks Chelsea and no, I do not currently have a soundbar. I am using the Roku Streaming Stick model 3810x using software 11.5.0.4235.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Of course! It's our pleasure to help out! Do you by chance ever see any particular error message or code that appears when streaming? Or before/after the sound issues occur at all? Or does everything else seem to function as normal? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ No error messages. Everything else functions as normal, though I have been noticing the guide and recent shows screen takes a little while longer to load. Sometimes the guide does not update, for future time slots. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@XfinityStephanieT​ a direct message has been sent. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same exact thing is happening to me on multiple devices. This is an issue with Xfinity Stream App that they need to correct. It is not individual Roku Devices/Televisions/soundbars causing this.

3 Messages

I just got off the phone with xfinity technician with no resolution. I seem to know more than the 5 techs I talked to in Bangladesh India.  They said they were sending a refresh signal.  I said I don't have a cable box just roku sticks and a roku tv and a lg smart tv and it happens on all the tvs xfinity stream app only. 

Did you ever get a resolution? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have had the same problem the last couple of months. The volume will go up to earsplitting high to nearly silent at different times. We have a sound bar and are using a Roku device. It doesn't happen on any other apps we stream, only on the Xfinity Stream. If we exit the program and come back it will correct itself. NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@user_a0d608​ So a soundbar is not helping to balance the sound? Does it have a DRC setting?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@dansgen1alero I have a Roku device connected to a TV with a soundbar where this problem occurs and also a Roku device connected to a TV without a soundbar with the same issue. This appears to be an issue with the Xfinity app. I agree with @alpaca-dutidu comment to rollback the Xfinity Stream update which is causing this.   

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_24bd18​ - I have the same issue as described over the past month.  We are standardized on Roku's.  One TV with built-in Roku software, an external Roku streamer on wifi and a Roku streambar connected direct ethernet over USB 2.0 dongle.   All are at Roku OS 11.5.x and have the problem.  We only see it in the Xfinity Stream app.  Please advise when you will roll back the app or provide a patched version.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

In addition to this volume issue using Roku, when the volume fluctuates (up or down) I also lose the ability to go BACK or PREVIOUS, or anything at all. I must leave the app and come back in, then do the same thing moments later. Sometimes BACK takes you to a darkened screen which still means you have to leave and return to the app. Seriously annoying. 
is it possible to just rollback the offending updates until you get this right, X?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I have a sound bar and have the same exact issues. Only with the xfinity app on the Roku. All the other apps on the Roku are fine. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ all do not have the volume issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the exact same issue with the Stream app on all our Roku devices. This is the only app having this issue. This is after upgrading to the xFi gateway and 1200 Mbps service, thinking we didn't have enough bandwidth. After reading all the other comments, seems like the issue is with the app itself. Hoping a more stable update is rolled out soon.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

That is certainly odd that the issue is happening across all of your Roku devices. Have you noticed this happening on a specific type of Roku model? Does restarting the application clear up the issue for all Roku devices or only that specific one? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

No live channels at all on Roku Xfinity Stream since Thursday Morning. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I have no sound bar happening on 3 roku tvs   sound gets louder and also sound and picture do not match happens daily now.  Model of roku is 3931x

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@dansgen1alero Hi! This is a know issue and we are still working with and waiting for a full fix from Roku. If it continues, check back with us in a few weeks.  

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

1 year ago

Still waiting on clear response from comcast. Only thing they have done is confirm my account.  No troubleshooting steps have been mentioned or what they have looked into so far. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@dansgen1alero​ did you get a response yet? This is the exact same thing happening on my brand new Samsung TV. I was planning on calling Samsung tomorrow thinking it was our TV. The channel.guide takes forever to load as well.??

It has to be their streaming app

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

@user_be2d51​ Nothing definitive. They are still working on it. Called me had me uninstall app (channel), unplug the stick, rebooted my modem and sent a new signal, and readd the app/channel. 1 hour later blaring sound from my poor crackling speakers. So they are still working on it. 

I really think they need to roll back the 10/26/22 version of the stream app and start that revision from scratch. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am so glad to find this thread-same issues on all ROKU devices. After trying every fix I could think of, I was beginning to suspect an Xfinity issue. It started after they started the rebuild in our neighborhood.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_b6453b. We are trying to keep updated with all customers having the volume issue as much as possible. Can you let us know when you get a chance if the issue is still present for you please? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Still happening to me too!

2 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ I’ve brought this to Comcast so many times and no one seems to care.

you have all these people complaining about it who use the stream app on Roku and there’s still no fix over a year later?? That’s disappointing. This company is already disappointing but how many people do you need to tell you this is happening to before the company actually fixes it.

its not a Roku issue because it’d be happening to ALL apps on Roku. It’s a you guys problem. Own it. Fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ijszmq Based on the thread, we can see that folks have been reporting the issue for some time. I don't see there is a resolution at this time. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your issue further. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

3 Messages

To the xfinity representative, I too have been dealing with the same problem for over a year on all my roku tvs roku stick tvs and lg os smart tv all using the xfinity stream app.  Like stated by everyone in this forum it ONLY HAPPENS in your xfinity stream app not with hulu Netflix Discovery Plus, etc.  

The "customer representative techs" in Bangladesh are below my technical knowledge.  It's not a field tech issue it's a software issue on your end . PLEASE HELP PLEASE GET THIS FIXED ASAP!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Add another affected user, as we are experiencing this since the last xfinity stream app update on all our roku sticks. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having Same Issues on all Three of my Roku’s that are on separate TV’s.
I have done everything that has been recommended here, It is Not a Roku issue, it’s an Xfinity issue.

Please Xfinity, fix this!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_caddac Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with the streaming on your devices? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have a Roku device connected to a TV with a soundbar where this problem occurs and also a Roku device connected to a TV without a soundbar with the same issue. Please help.. annoying.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @user_9a12f2

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this Audio concern. Our team is aware of this ongoing issue, and we are actively working to find a solution! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue as all others posted here. I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips. The maddening part of this issue is that the volume problem goes in and out during a program. It's time for Xfinity to look inward. There is a problem with the app not the users. Please fix.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here