U

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 9:24 PM

Closed

Xfinity app draining my phone battery.

I’ve been noticing my phone battery draining quicker than normal with similar amount of use.  There is a big battery drain even when the phone is. It being used at all.  The app says it is using 49% (most of the time more) of battery usage.  I’ve tried turning off the background refresh and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Phone resets and all of the updates.  Still same issue.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

11 months ago

All,

We are aware of an issue with the Xfinity app that is causing cellular phone batteries to be depleted faster than normal. We are asking all impacted customers to ensure that they have the latest Xfinity App version and the latest iOS update (iOS 16.6). If you continue to experience this issue after those required updates, please let us know here. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Just noticed lately that my Xfinity app is draining 70% of my battery. I checked my wife’s iPhone and it’s only draining 4%. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Not installed any of the features and forced closed the app. Still draining my battery on my iPhone. Xfinity technical, where’s the fix?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity app draining my iPhone’s battery

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hi there, I hope you are having a great day! I'm so sorry to hear that you are having issues with Xfinity app. Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is experiencing battery drain that is extremely fast and battery temperature elevated so hot that you cannot pickup the phone psychically. The phone will return to normal operation when xfinity application is closed. Battery drainage and hot battery are concerns for some unseen access to my data or other phone access through the xfinity application itself. Xfinity knows about this access and will not tell consumers as to what is their application doing outside of the normal application functioning or they believe their application is free from glitches and their application has not been hacked and The issue of battery drain and battery got to touch is a result of the consumers iPhone IOS software Apple problem. When ever a phone is getting hot and there is a battery drain the application being used has something going on in the background of the phone which is causing the phone to work extra hard…. I believe the xfinity application has been compromised in some way and xfinity consumers are not being told because xfinity itself does not know about it. Someone at xfinity needs to review the application coding and discover the hacking codex and fix things asap. XFINITY WAKE UP UP APPLICATION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED SOMEONE WHOM CREATED THE APPLICATION LEFT A BACK DOOR AND A GROUP IS ACQUIRING ACCESS TO YOUR CONSUMERS DATA.

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @user_357aec Thanks for reaching out to us today and sharing all of the information. We'd be happy to investigate this for you. Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I have the same problem with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Have deleted and reinstalled app but that did not work. Any help resolving appreciated

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_5991da Thank you for reaching the Digital Care Team. Any time an app is not closed after use it will continue to use battery power. This is because the screen usually remains on and/or it is using background location which is constantly searching. You can turn off the location in the app so it stops searching. Do you close it after every use? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

11 months ago

I just got a brand new iPhone SE 2023 and I have noticed that my battery is being drained in about 5 hours. When I opened settings I noticed that the Xfinity App is using 81% of my background. Has anyone found a fix to this because I have deleted the app and I’m not happy that my brand new phone won’t last all day!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity app draining iPhone battery

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_4de02c thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone and we are happy to point you in the right direction to get help. We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to assist.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

I want to add my name to the long list of complaints with this issue. The Xfinity app worked fine on my iPhone for two years then suddenly it started to drain my battery. I removed the app and the problem went away. You keep suggesting fixes on the phone but it is not the phone it's your app. You need to get this fixed. 

1 Message

7 months ago

New Xfinity Mobile customer. Seriously regretting coming over to this company. Fix this huge problem. Why haven’t you done so yet?

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

@user_ers Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum about this issue.  Can you confirm if your mobile operating system is up to date as well as the XFINITY App?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here