user_pppa27's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2023 1:16 AM

Closed

New IOS Xfinity App does not show data usage

For years, I have used the Xfinity My Account App to view the current and past three months Data usage for my Internet service.  Now, when opening the App, it says it's going away soon and to use the new Xfinity App.

Unfortunately, trying to get data usage with this new App is totally broken.  The option to get data usage should be on the main screen, but you have to tap up on the top left for the Account screen (this is a minor nit). When you do get to the Account screen, you have to scroll down a bit to see the Data Usage option.
However, when you select Data Usage, it opens up the Xfinity Assistant, which itself is broken and doesn't do anything.
Doesn't anyone at Comcast test this stuff before releasing it?  Right now this App is garbage and should not ever replace the old Apps that work just fine
Please DO NOT deprecate the My Account App.  One App to do it all is never a good idea because it never does anything well.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Agreed! So frustrating 

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

2 years ago

@user_pppa27 Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out and express your concerns. My apologies you are having some issues managing your services with the new app, and it would be my pleasure to help in any way I can. I understand the MyAccount app going away will take some getting used to for all of us, but I am confident the new one will be amazing once we get the hang of how to use it. The data usage tab should be providing you with the data information, but instead is sending you to the Xfinity Assistant. Am I understanding that correctly? Is this the only concern you have with the new app or are you experiencing other issues as well? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityVanessa​ The new app does not show usage data, it's broken. Now I am getting email that the My Account app will go away in April.  This is unacceptable. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT remove the My Account App until you fix the Xfinity APP.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@user_pppa27 We are still making changes to the Xfinity app to ensure that when the My Account app is no longer in service the Xfinity app is able to provide the complete customer experience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

It sends us to the Xfinity Assistant, which is what it always did before. But the assistant would always tell us our data usage. Now it just goes in a circle as shown in the photo below. Every time I hit “Try again” I keep getting the same message. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I too am receiving the same massage when trying to access my data usage using the Xfinity app.  The My Accounts app has no issue displaying this information. 

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Hi, thank you for reporting the issues you are experiencing with the Xfinity app. I check my usage often, so I understand the concern. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

That did not solve the issue. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app I’m still stuck in the Xfinity Assistant loop (screenshots above) when trying to access my data usage

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

I appreciate you trying that out! Can you please send our team a DM with your full name and address to troubleshoot with you? 

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I was just told on DM that the new app isn’t able to display data usage for customers that supply their own modem. How is it that the current app, that is being decommissioned, is able to display usage but this new app will not? Seems like a step backwards forcing me to use an app that provides less features. 

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

1 year ago

Add me to the list as well. Same exact problem. Stuck in a loop. This app SUX big time! I can't believe they are forcing it on us now. I always avoided this app like the plague. It's extremely hard to find where to access what you want to do. Then they force you into their stupid Xfinity Assistant.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

We would like to help troubleshoot. Please send us a private message.

Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here!  Please fix it before shutting down the old app.

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

1 year ago

Seems to be fixed now. I just checked and it's displaying my usage data.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am still having the same problem. The app directed me to xfinity assistant and it just stuck in a loop and not able to provide me with my data usage.

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

@user_1ada6a​ Did you check for any app updates?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_1ada6a thank you so much for letting us know you are running into a similar issue when checking your usage online. Have you by chance attempted to check here https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices#usage This is a direct link to your account page with your data usage. If you have any issues viewing it from a mobile device make sure it is showing you the desktop version of the page. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This problem has existed for at least 2 months. I started trying to use the new app once I was getting the pop-up message that the other app was going away. After multiple app updates, this data usage problems still frustratingly exists. Please stop sending everyone to Xfinity support and fix the problem.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Support has told me that data usage in the new app WILL NOT display for customers that supply their own modem. Not sure why I’m being forced to use an app that provides me less of an experience than the current FUNCTIONAL app.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_pppa27. Sorry for the confusion. Data display is for all accounts and modems. Any issues with the app not loading is a technical issue and calling the CSA team is the best firs step. If you have called them with no resolution, let me know

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thanks Ethan. Just letting you know that I followed Ashley’s instructions above to delete and reinstall the app. This didn’t solve my problem. I then followed the steps to DM Xfinity Support. It was during this session that I explained my issue. I’m able to view usage on the website and the “old app” but am stuck in a loop with the Assistant when trying to access it via the new app (see screenshots in original post). After asking me to check usage on the website (which displays without issue) I was told by support that usage is not available in the app for customers with their own modems.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

That’s stupid if true, because I was able to view it for for at least a year with my own modem. So they’re actively taking away features and punishing people who prefer not to rent their equipment? Gosh I wish I had another option for internet. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_ed9708​ this was what support relayed to me via a DM.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@EZ_Rhino. I understand that and read everything. Our CSA team handles data concerns of all kinds. That is why if you want to take the steps to help fix it we appreicate trying to call them to help provide a faster fix. The more tickets we get, the faster issues are worked on. In the end, it wil be fixed, but faster is better. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Will you at least be able to access data usage through a web browser if you have your own modem?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@maltomar​ I’m still able to a access usage via a web browser. Unfortunately it’s not as clean or as good of an experience as accessing it via an app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@EZ_Rhino I understand and why I apologized for the confusion. xFi is not compatible with owned modems, but data usage is a feature of its own. If owned modems did not work with data the website would not work as well. The CSA team number provided to you is the best first step for data concerns. If they can't help, let me know. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ I just downloaded the latest version to my iPhone and it's still broken.  Contacting your CSA team doesn't do any good.  Logging out, deleting and reinstalling makes no difference, and the old My Account app works just fine. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@maltomar You should be able to see your usage through the web browser even if you have your own modem. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. We are in the process of phasing out the My Account App and moving everything to our Xfinity App. While we are working on moving everything over you can still use your My Account App in the meantime. Did you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

1 year ago

The app is terrible. I posted a comment and had to go through the never ending loop of logging in although I was logged in to post my comment. And my original comment disappeared. The old app is great. This one isn’t. It does not matter if a million people complained about it. It isn’t about the customer. A customer has to ask, cajole, explain and talk to 50 different people. A customer has to go the hoops. And deal with reps who are often rude snd uncaring. It is most likely because they have to try and “fix” inferior products that should not be rolled out before all the glitches are addressed. It’s beyond frustrating and I feel badly for the people who work at Comcast. Forget about calling support. They read from a script that a customer can find online. The typical solution is always reboot or uninstall then reinstall. Then you jump through more hoops and talk to more people. The hope is that the customer finally gives up. It’s unfortunate because it does not matter if you a customer who just joined or one who has been a customer for years, it. Never. Changes. But you get a lot of pretty emails telling you all the cool things you can do. And then you can’t. 

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

@SureB​ That's pretty much the same experience I always encounter when I have a problem. I refer to it as being on an endless merry-go-round! You talk to this person, or that person, or another person, and they just keep having you do the same thing over and over. And I agree, the app is horrible.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here