Rescuecheck's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 7:00 PM

Closed

XG1v4 4k DVR no signal to TV blue screen

Works fine until I switch HDMI input to other source like Xbox or Blu-ray then when I switch back to XG1v4 the TV displays a blue screen. I have to manually disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the XG1v4 and plug it back in to watch my TV shows. I believe this is being caused by a failed HDCP "handshake" between the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. Since this started happening only after upgrading from the old X1 DVR to the new XG1v4, I have to blame the newest component. I read another post on blue screen issues and laughed when the "service expert" suggested a short with the TV. Please don't insult me like that. And yes, I've already disconnected power and coaxial cable and waited 5 minutes and reconnected and It still does it. I swapped HDMI cords to a high quality cable, and tried different HDMI inputs on the TV. I don't think I should have to "trick" the XG1v4 to re-establish signal with my TV by pulling the HDMI cable every time it blue screens.

What's the solution?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@Juskray47 wrote:

@xTheDudex wrote:
I found the resolution which IS an HDCP issue.

The XG1v4 is only HDCP 2.2 and will not dumb down to 1.4. If you have newer 4K Samsung TV HDCP 2.2 is off by default. The inputs are all compliant but will not work with a HDCP 2.2 device out of the box.

To resolve this issue you need to go to:

Settings>Picture>Expert Settings>HDMI UHD Color

Turn “ON” the input your cable box is connected to. (Example HDMI 1 “On”) This will enable HDCP 2.2 and solve the issue of the blue screen when switching inputs.

This didn’t work for me.   Have had my Samsung set this way for months and still struggle with blue screen, black screen, and jittery screen.   After turning the TV off for a few minutes, then back on, the issue self corrects and works fine until the next time it’s off for any period of time.

Maybe a loose connection somewhere?  Check all coax and hdmi .

Nope...it sure isn’t a loose connection.  It’s amazing to me that after all the customer comments in this thread, you keep going back to cabling.   You see, I too have spent hours on the phone and internet trying to figure out this COMCAST PROBLEM.   My account will show four visits from Comcast technical experts in my house, rewiring everything twice.   When will one of you just admit that COMCAST has an issue with SAMSUNG televisions?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue with Samsung UN55HU9000 - 2014 model. No blue screen but I occasionally out no where get the black screen...if I channel up I get the jittery one. Only fix is to unseat the HDMI cord usually on the XG1v4-A as well as my One Connect box (Samsung bs for this model for HDMI connect as well as all connections). I have enabled my UHD Color setting as well and have my XG1v4-A connected to the HDMI in 1 (STB ).

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

It looks like the UHD option is not a long term solution.

I am expiencing the Blue Screen again when switching inputs back to the XG1v4 cable box. I can get the picture back by turning "UHD color" off/on again but that only work until the next time I switch inputs.

COMCAST WHERE ARE YOU?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Hi RMCX!

i bought this exact unit a few weeks ago.   Unfortunately, it did not fix the screen issues for me.   Just an FYI for others who may think this is the final solution.   Thanks for suggesting though!

justin

@RMCX wrote:

This device fixed it for us:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CT7THLO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry @xTheDudex for the late response. We have team actively debugging the issue and looking for a fix. Please feel free to PM me your name, account number and full TV model (which might be listed above) and if the firmware is up to date. I will work on taking this back to our engineers for debugging.

Leon

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have a TCL 4K tv and this is happening. I just got the new box and when i stop watching tv for a while this box goes down and my 2nd box loses its connection and I have to reset the main box by pulling the power chord and counting to 10. I’ll even check device status on my account app and the main box will have a grey dot and the secondary box had a red dot.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yes. It then works for a short while and then when I come back to watch tv a couple hours later it’s doing it again. Last night I was using the box to watch Netflix and it just randomly rebooted for no reason. The settings don’t reboot the box till 4am, it was 11pm. After it rebooted it wouldn’t send signal to the tv and I had to do a system refresh just to get it back up. I’m regretting ordering this box!!! Never had any trouble with my cable till I got it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Hi I wrote a message earlier that was never responded to. Also now my Netflix in turning my screen black and then on again just scrolling through shows. Could someone please help with this issue? Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, but I just unplugged the XG1v4-A and left it for a good minute and waited for it to come back online. Never had to do this with my last X1 box, miss the clock (as dumb as it sounds) as well. This new little box is also constantly hot. I'd requested all new equipment, and was told that was no problem. But figuring now either I have a used or defective box. I also had the XB6 Gateway added with my new gb service which has scratches all over the front so figuring that's definitely not new - sorry know that is off topic.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I actually have a old buddy from High school who is a senior tech with Comcast. He has been working very closely with me on the 4K box. He said they are still in Beta testing hence why you have to request the box.

We did discover that if you change the resolution on the box back to 1080p before leaving your TV sit for a while, that it doesn’t do the blank screen anymore when it turns on.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks Stevencs1043! I've stopped (knock on wood) having blue and black screen issues completely! I had shuffled some of my equipment and tried to remove the splitter - stupid I had to put all back together as the Comcast tech had correctly done in the first place 😜 Assuming there may have been an update to the box from Xfinity to patch this?

In any case I seem to be issue free!! Just FYI as well: I have a curved 2014 Samsung "4K"
UHD (UN55HU9000) TV.

Good luck everyone!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Bretyboy wrote:
Thanks Stevencs1043! I've stopped (knock on wood) having blue and black screen issues completely! I had shuffled some of my equipment and tried to remove the splitter - stupid I had to put all back together as the Comcast tech had correctly done in the first place 😜 Assuming there may have been an update to the box from Xfinity to patch this?

In any case I seem to be issue free!! Just FYI as well: I have a curved 2014 Samsung "4K"
UHD (UN55HU9000) TV.

Good luck everyone!

You may already realize this; but the 4K DVR can not possibly pass a 4K signal when set to 1080p.

Not that it matters much since Comcast has next to nothing for 4K currently.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Just turn it to 4K when watching and change it to 1080 when done. I’m suRe they will figure out the issues eventually

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I continue to have this same problem.  It happens every day when I turn the television on.  This is not even due to changing back and forth to different  components.  I think it just has communication issues when it turns back on.  This is getting very old when you pay as much as we do per month for cable television.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Yup that's why I put 4K in quotes cuz it's basically still just fantasy that's been hanging in front of us like a carrot on a stick right? Lol thanks!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here