U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jun 13, 2021 4:32 AM

Xfinity remote won't pair both TV and receiver

I just got a new box and I can pair the TV and the Bose audio system to the remote but they both do not work at the same time only one will turn on or off the system. The last one that I program is the one that will work. My old remote worked both of them at the same time. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

345 Messages

4 m ago

Hello, @user_3f9474! I can definitely help with your pairing concerns. To begin, what remote model do you have? Xfinity Remote Models: https://comca.st/2TA4IK8;

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

XR11.   I have followed the prompts several times and I can get the remote to

pair with the TV and the Bose sound system. Just not at the same time, only one works or the other.  

Official Employee

• 

345 Messages

Thank you for confirming the remote model, @user_3f9474. When paring the remote to the Bose system, what code was used? Was it 31933? Additionally, have you gone through the set up process to connect the Bose sound system to the box directly or is it connected to your TV? 

I recommend attempting to unpair the remote entirely and then reattempting to pair. To unpair, please follow the below steps: 

1. Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-6.
  3. The LED at the top of the remote will blink green twice to indicate that the remote has been reset.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The Bose is connected to the TV.   I does not give me a code to put in when I pair it.  It has me put the brand and then it says it is completed.  Should I try putting that code in? 

Official Employee

• 

333 Messages

It should give you an option to enter a pairing code to connect Audio devices. Let's try the steps outlined in this setup article linked below. Simply select the XR11 Remote, and choose the type of device you are setting up. There will be a list of manufactures, with corresponding codes to try for pairing. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you,  programming the Bose with the code worked. Now I can use the remote for both the tv and the audio. Thank you for your help. 

New to the Community?

Start Here