Rkinney20's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Superbowl in 4k?

Fox is broadcasting the game in 4k.. will Xfinity be getting on board with this and allowing customers to view it in 4k?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ride525 wrote:

Will the 4k feed be in High Dynamic Range, or in SDR?

@ewilson90 wrote:

The latest wording on the page only states "UHD", not HDR. Can someone confirm if it will definitely be in an HDR format?

@ride525@ewilson90,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Xfinity Forum. 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR viewing is currently available to Xfinity X1 customers. 

**Note**: 4K UHD/HDR content for live events is available if you have an XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box set to 2160 resolution with a compatible 4K UHD/HDR TV and a 4K-capable HDMI cord. Please see more about using the X1 guide to adjust your video display to 2160p.

For additional information about 4K on Xfinity X1 please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

No, X1 customers only (it’s in the link provided above).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Will 4k superbowl be available with a 4k tv, 4k tivo box, with a comcast cable card?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

I am an Xfinity cable subscriber with a new 4k X1 box to which I just upgraded in January.  I have the X1 configured to "Device Settings>Video Display>Video Output Resolution: 16:9, 2160p60 4k UHD (Best Available)" and theX1 is connected to our 4k LG OLED TV. Your webpage,   https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs, notes, "We'll be airing Super Bowl LIV in 4K UHD from FOX."  My question is, to which FOX" channel on my Xfinity X1 box should I tune to see the Super Bowl in 4k UHD,  e.g. the local Fox broadcast affiliate here in Seattle (Q13 - channel 113 on my X1 box), or one of the FOX Sports Channels (FS1HD - channel 620 on my X1 box), or some 4k-specific channel?  Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:
@r-gordon-7 wrote:

I am an Xfinity cable subscriber with a new 4k X1 box to which I just upgraded in January.  I have the X1 configured to "Device Settings>Video Display>Video Output Resolution: 16:9, 2160p60 4k UHD (Best Available)" and theX1 is connected to our 4k LG OLED TV. Your webpage,   https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs, notes, "We'll be airing Super Bowl LIV in 4K UHD from FOX."  My question is, to which FOX" channel on my Xfinity X1 box should I tune to see the Super Bowl in 4k UHD,  e.g. the local Fox broadcast affiliate here in Seattle (Q13 - channel 113 on my X1 box), or one of the FOX Sports Channels (FS1HD - channel 620 on my X1 box), or some 4k-specific channel?  Thanks in advance.

None of your choices! The 4K signal is only being carried (IPV). That is Streaming video over broadband Internet. Read the earlier directions in this forum subject to watch the game in 4K.

Quick point of clarification: this is not being delivered over the Internet, rather it is a live On Demand Stream that is being carried over our cable infrastructure.  

To watch the game, you can use your X1 Voice Remote to say "4K" or search "4K" from the main Xfinity Menu - you'll reach a landing page where you can easily click to start watching... enjoy! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@r-gordon-7 wrote:

None of your choices! The 4K signal is only being carried (IPV). That is Streaming video over broadband Internet. Read the earlier directions in this forum subject to watch the game in 4K.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Anybody actually get it to work in 4k?  I said 4k to the voice remote but it doesn't show the Super Bowl as available.  I've been able to view other 4k events in the past using this method. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm NOT an xfinity TV subscriber but was sent a promotion email saying xfinity would offer a live streaming promotion. However, I can't access the superowl on xfinity streaming now that I'm trying to. Any ideas on how to get the promotion working?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I got the stream in 4K. The preshow has been in 4K since 1pm.  The only thing I’m noticing it is not in HDR.  It’s listed listed under sports, nfl, under xfinity

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

Shows as HDR10 here. Looks pretty good. Is your setup good? Ever gotten HDR from your X1? Might be cables, settings, etc. 

@ch1c0 wrote:

Yes. I got the stream in 4K. The preshow has been in 4K since 1pm.  The only thing I’m noticing it is not in HDR.  It’s listed listed under sports, nfl, under xfinity

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

What a joke. The picture is better when I switch over to my OTA antenna.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@R_Aster  First time running 4K on Comcast. All my other devices run 4K and hdr. Tv Is set on auto and didn’t detect hdr. If I switch over manually it looks pretty bad.  Is there a setting in the cable box for hdr that I missed?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I get 4K picture for Super Bowl

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

@ch1c0 wrote:

@R_Aster  First time running 4K on Comcast. All my other devices run 4K and hdr. Tv Is set on auto and didn’t detect hdr. If I switch over manually it looks pretty bad.  Is there a setting in the cable box for hdr that I missed?

Well, too late now but your X1 device resolution setting should be "highest possible" or whatver it's called resulting in 2160P / 60 FPS. The HDMI input on your TV probably has to be set manually to Deep Color or Full HD Color or some such. You might need 18 Gbps HDMI cables for it to work. 

Good luck. Maybe we'll get OT and you can watch that in HDR. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here