U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, December 25th, 2021 4:22 PM

Closed

Paramount Plus errors

I signed up for this service specifically because I wanted to watch 1883 and Star Trek Discovery. Not only is the response time PITIFULLY SLOW when trying to navigate, but i get an error every time a new episode tries to play. I have to close the app, launch it audible, and the next episode will play. First impressions of this app are not good. 

Official Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Okay, don't know if it will help anybody, but...  I fussed with the ad blocking on my laptop and got nowhere.  Same with trying to get help from Paramount.  After posting a few minutes ago it dawned on me (I know) that I should modify my network ad blocking and see if that helped.  Well, that did it.  No more errors and watching Mayor of Kingstown.  Good luck.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

3 years ago

@user_4718ca

Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to us here online through our Xfintiy Forums to bring this concern to our attention. We definitely want you to have the best experience possible with our services and we are here to help! I can see how that would be disappointing to have these errors when you specifically got this to watch a show you wanted. 

So that we can help to troubleshoot this, can you tell us what error you get when you are trying to play a new episode, please?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDevinC 

Devin, thanks for reaching out. The code is just a message saying an error occurred and to try again later. I exit the app, relaunch it and it works. I did have one occasion where I had to do it twice. 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Are you trying this on our cable box, flex box, or third party device? Also, does anything else ever just run slowly on this device or other devices? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi Devin, this is on my cable box. I have only recently subscribed to cable again. I streamed for 2 years,  and only subscribed again in the last year or so. I had initially been using flex, but ended up turning it in for the regular box, for an issue I have since forgotten. The response of the voice remote is always flaky, never works the first time you press the voice button, rewinding and fast forwarding are very laggy. Just not great,  customer experience-wise. The Paramount + thing is just one more thing. Unless there is some option for me, I will be canceling my Paramount subscription soon. Thanks for the follow up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we can help in anyway. We are always here and happy to be of service 24/7. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

why do I keep getting an error message when trying to watch Paramount+ shows on my xfinity box?  Error Something went wrong! Please try again later. Error code -

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @jbarbuti, thank you for reaching out and letting us know about the error. Do you know what model of TV box you currently have? There is a known issue for XG2v2 models that our development team is working on getting fixed. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I just upgraded my main box last month .... both boxes new or old getting same message.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I also spent 2 hours with a comcast rep who had no fix to this issue....just a random error message with no number attached to it that something went wrong.  We tried to reset the system...made sure I was logged into the account...each time and with each tv I tried it was the same error message....Looks like I won't be using Paramount Plus.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I also have been experiencing this problem for a couple weeks now. Most of the time I can retry with some success but today it's not working. There is NO ERROR CODE#.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I get a message telling me they will send me equipment (free) so I can watch Paramount Plus. So I ordered the equipment. I hope it works. I can’t even get an access code at this point.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@user_55c0a2 What equipment is Xfinity sending you? How did you order it?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Me too - this is incredibly annoying.  What is going on???  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having similar issue.

something went wrong! Please try again later. Error code -

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here! Very annoying - it's error code "-" for two days now. Please fix this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi @user_fab5e3, thank you for reaching out to our team through Forums. Can you please advise if you're experiencing this issue on the cable box, flex box, or third party device?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Paramount plus is extremely glitchy, the program freezes probably 1/3 of the time.  The rest of the time it's super slow to boot. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey! We would be more than happy to look into any issues you may be encountering with the Paramount+ application on our X1 or Flex set-top boxes. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Paramount Plus and Xfinity do not seem to get along.  I constantly get "Error Something went wrong! Please try again later. Error code -" when I try to start a show.  Sometimes it works after restarting my Xfinity box and sometimes it doesn't.  Craziest thing is sometimes I get the above error, but the show actually starts behind the error box.  Haven't figured out how to get rid of the error box without the system taking me back to the menu.

If there is updated Xfinity equipment that fixes this, tell me how to get it.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Dewald thank you so much for letting us know about the frustrations with Paramount+. WE would love to help in any way we can. Please use the information below to send us a Private Message. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I streamed the channel on Roku with no trouble until last week.  It seems that most things work but when I try to watch 1883 or Mayor of Kingstown the screen dims and I get the error saying something went wrong, try again later.  I was on hold with Paramount support for 30 minutes before I gave up.  It's weird that it just happens on those two shows.  I think maybe the problem is traffic on their server, just an uneducated guess.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i am having the same issue with Paramount Plus constantly giving me error message when try and watch any show through Xfinity. I have three homes in three states all with different Xfinity cable boxes from brand new to several years old and they ALL do this. Please let know what the fix is and if not I will be cancelling my Xfinity cable plus as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here