TiminDE's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 2:00 PM

Can't rewind live TV when first turning on TV

I've had Xfinity for a year.  Until August or so, I could turn on my TV to the last station I was watching, and I could rewind that station up to an hour.  As of August, that functionality disappeared - I can't rewind at all when I first turn on the TV.

I normally use the Xfinity remote, which I assume turns on/off the TV and the DVR together, but I've also tried just turning off the Samsung TV with my Samsung remote, and it doesn't change the situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

7 m ago

@TiminDE wrote:

I've had Xfinity for a year.  Until August or so, I could turn on my TV to the last station I was watching, and I could rewind that station up to an hour.  As of August, that functionality disappeared - I can't rewind at all when I first turn on the TV.

I normally use the Xfinity remote, which I assume turns on/off the TV and the DVR together, but I've also tried just turning off the Samsung TV with my Samsung remote, and it doesn't change the situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

this sometimes is caused by CEC being 'on'. press the Xfinity button >> Device Settings >> Power preferences >> and turn off "HDMI Device Control". fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This did not fix mine . I still get the message 

This set top box doesn’t support it

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

Hello all, we want to make sure that you can enjoy the benefits of being able to rewind live content on your box! Pausing, rewinding and fast forwarding live TV is available on all X1 TV Boxes except for RNG150 devices. Have you confirmed you have a compatible box to use this feature?

View X1 TV Box Information Online: https://comca.st/3uOxW5L

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Thanks a bunch, @Rustyben - that did the trick.  No way I would have found that on my own.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

I tried to do what you suggested but it didn’t work. I don’t have that option under preferences. Funny but my other box works fine

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

My rewind hasn’t worked in years. I finally set up an actual DRR & just use that. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Did not work for me either. Just says settop does not support it. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 d ago

Didn’t work for me either. New box, new remote a month ago. Suddenly can’t rewind again

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Started today for me. I always start cable news over from the beginning when I miss it. Now the start symbol is missing when I scroll over the program I'm watching. Why take that away. The On Demand option is what has kept me with Comcast/Xfinity. Not happy 

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

Uh oh! What type of box do you happen to have @Diane53? You can locate the model by looking for the sticker on the back or side of the box itself or via the My Account app. Did anything change that you noticed, between when the Start symbol was present and when it was absent? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New to the Community?

Start Here