B

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 1:05 AM

Absurd delay for live sports on Xfinity in 2024

I understand every network is going to have a slight built in delay....

But Xfinity adds on another 45 to 60 seconds of delay specifically for live sports. I don't know if it's their feed, or the way they are processing their feed to bring it into the home, but something needs to change ASAP. 

In this day and age of live information being so critical, It's hard to imagine that I will be watching a basketball game that is four or five baskets behind live action, with apps telling me a completely different game situation and score than what I am seeing on my TV. 

I truly hope this can be addressed ASAP by Xfinity. There should not be a delay for live sports that is this long in 2024! 

And yes, I have reset my set top boxes, I have recycled all the streaming boxes and nothing fixes this insane delay that Xfinity manufactures for their sports and other programs.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @Brads5624! We work with broadcast networks, regional sports providers, and local TV station owners to expand the content available with our services. As a cable provider, we relay the signal sent by the networks. While it can be frustrating, it is common for live television to have a delay to prevent mistakes or unacceptable content from being broadcasted. 

2 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ hi Aldrik - I absolutely understand there is a standard delay. 

Yet, on Xfinity there is an additional 45-60 second delay, packed on top of the standard delay. For instance, my father has DirecTV which has a "normal" broadcast delay for live sports. Xfinity has added on to that delay significantly. 

There are also MANY other threads on here that point to a similar experience from other Xfinity customers.

It's not the regular delay, it's what Xfinity is adding on to that delay that is the issue. Makes it impossible to enjoy live sports in 2024 on your platform.

Can you please escalate this up the chain? This needs to be figured out...

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We can certainly take a further look @Brads5624! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Does Xfinity have any plans to remedy this during this playoff season? Located in Boston, with both Celtics and Bruins in the playoffs, we’re watching basketball 3-5 points behind and hockey a full :45 seconds behind. This is well documented, known to Xfinity, why is this the case?

Official Employee

• 

506 Messages

user_fu88b1 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 day ago

I am gong to contact an attorney tomorrow for a class action lawsuit  because xfinity makes claims to watch live sports which are not live.  If there are any attorneys on here please reply with contact information

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here