CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 7:52 PM

Closed

Activating iPhones in SOS Mode

We’re aware some customers are having difficulty activating or using their new iPhone 14, iPhone 13, or iPhone SE 3rd generation. If you have one of these devices and you’re seeing “SOS” in the status bar on your device, you may need to set up your eSIM to get your device to function properly. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Ensure your device has been activated.
    1. If you’re activating a new iPhone 13, 14 or SE (third generation), you should have received a push notification titled “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed” once the activation completed.
      1. If you haven’t received this push notification, it may mean that the activation hasn’t finished yet. Normally it takes approximately 10 minutes to receive the push notification but may take as long as 30 minutes.
      2. If you didn’t receive or don’t recall receiving this push notification, you can try to install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually, using the following steps.

1. Install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually:
    1. On your device, go to Settings and tap “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed”.
    2. Then click “Continue” (at the bottom of the screen); the eSIM should now download and install.
    3. Once the eSIM is installed, you’ll need to reset the Network Settings on your device.

1. Reset the Network Settings:
    1. On your device, go to Settings, then General, then Transfer or Reset Device, then Reset, and finally Reset Network Settings.
    2. Once you reset the network setting, you’ll need to restart your device.

1. Restart your device by turning if off and then on.
    1. Your device should start up in roughly five minutes.

In most cases, performing the steps as outlined above will force your device to exit SOS mode and begin functioning normally. If this doesn’t work, please perform the steps above one more time.

If these steps still don’t activate your device, it may be due to some other issue. For assistance, please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team directly by chatting with us at comca.st/3hxnpaZ or texting or calling (888) 936-4968. (Due to account security concerns, we’re unable to perform any device or account specific requests here.)

You can also find more information on eSIM, including setting up an eSIM on iPhone, in Apple Support at About eSIM on iPhone.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

You can order a physical sim, or transfer it from your current phone if it is also a nano and you are already on xfinity mobile. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@jusmeamom​ why can’t I activate esim though? I want to use two lines on my SE.

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

We only support eSIM as the primary line currently.  Xfinity mobile doesn’t support dual SIM on the same device.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

All of our phones were working fine and then bam SOS mode! No one is helping with anything! It’s more than just the IPhone models they have listed as well! We have 13, 11, 2 SE 2020 and a Samsung Galaxy that all worked fine until today! ALL of them got kicked into SOS! We did everything we were told to do with resetting the network, etc. and nothing has helped! We’re gonna have to switch back to our other carrier! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue,

after spending 4+ hours, chatting with 4 agents

and I’m ready to give up on them all together and go to AT&T

does anyone able to upgrade from iphone11 to 14pro max?  I can't believe it's apple limitation

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@user_5bfc0e​ are you trying to upgrade to a new phone or transfer/activate your existing line to the iPhone 14. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

On Sep 28, 2022 - When there was a $400 promo, I went to the store to place an order with no luck, then called Xfinity tier-1/2 and placed an order to upgrade my iphone11 to 14pro, after 2+ hours they were able to take the order and confirm Its upgrade, however, due to system issue they changed last 4 digits on my iPhone from [Edit: Personal Information] and said it's just to overcome the system.   
On Oct 20, 2022 - I have to spend 6+ hours, working with agents' voice (tier-1, tier-2), and chat agents they assigned a new number to 14pro, then they swapped numbers between 11 to 14pro when I thought the issue is resolved.  Net effect - $400 promo is gone, I got assigned a new line I've never requested for

It's a Big Mess

I'm thinking did I spend 15+ hours for nothing, such a poor customer service

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello @user_5bfc0e. Thank you for sharing your experience here. I apologize for the ongoing issue with the promotion and your phone numbers. I see that you have reached out to phone support for Xfinity Mobile and spoke to someone, but were unable to get a resolution. Have you reached out to our Xfinity Mobile Chat support for a resolution? If not, please do so here.

Please let us know of the outcome of your chat and if you need additional assistance!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This worked for us:

Make sure your new device is directly connected to your Wifi

Sign in to your Xfinity account from your computer and go to your devices.

Click on your device and select eSIM download & help

Follow the prompts to download a new eSIM

A notification to download the new eSIM will pop up on your new phone. 

Click on it and follow the prompts. 

Once new eSIM is downloaded to your new device go to Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Network Settings

We then power off the phone, powered back on and it was connected.

Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also agree on not getting the issue fixed and the endless amounting of waiting. It has been 1 week and I still have an iPhone 14 pro max sitting and not activated. I’ve called multiple times and only get the runaround to a person that is barely audible. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was having an issue receiving text messages from my credit card company. I called in an agent and was told to reset my network settings. I did that, and now I am stuck in SOS mode.  When my phone restarted, my lock screen was saying “wait to be activated”. Then after a few minutes, my Lock Screen says “phone is unable to be activated”. When I texted with an agent, he made me go through the entire process again, remove my Sim card, reset network settings, turn my phone off and on again, and SURPRISE, it still doesn’t work. There is something on Xfinity‘s end that is just not working with our phones. It’s awesome that I’m paying for a phone that I can’t use 

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@user_0a54f8​ what type of device are you trying to reactivate?  If it’s a iPhone 13/14 can you try and download the eSIM again? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

So [Edited: "Inflammatory"] are telling me that I need to wait 24 hours because I can activate my phone smh and guess what its stuck in SOS MODE

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My phone has been in sos mode for 24 hours. and I have been on the phone for at least two hours, I can not use my phone. Horrible service!

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@user_593625 I'm so sorry this has been happening. For issues like this, we do recommend that you reach out to Xfinity Mobile directly as they are the only ones who can view Xfinity Mobile accounts, and troubleshoot devices. You can reach them at (888) 936-4968, but it sounds like you are familiar with how to contact them. I would continue to work with them to resolve the issue. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

its been 24 hours and my iphone 14 is still not active.  Contacted customer support via phone and get router to foreign people who are unable to help.
Live Chat on the website is a complete and total joke..
I gave them my full name and last 4 of my card that I purchased the phone with and they came back and provided me with the wrong phone and wrong phone number..
These guys do not have a clue

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I just received this phone a few days ago and it haven’t been activated since! No one from xfinity can’t help me and it’s sad. I wish i would have known ppl was having problems with this service before i joined. I will be returning the phone and staying with my current service provider. Thanks for wasting my time xfinity :) how you not help activate a phone provided by you ? Pathetic 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity's Support is completely and utterly useless.  

I called for support after support hung up on me and NEVER called me back..

I asked for someone in the US.. They said they cant connect me with someone in the US.
They said they dont have a phone number of anyone in the US.
She suggest calling back the phone number and hope that I get connected to someone in the US next time.

IESHA is completely worthless and should not have a job.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This FIX WORKED ON 2 iPHONE 14 PROS—after being stuck on SOS mode for about 48 hours...

STEP 1: ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. On your PC or Mac, go to https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/my-account/ and sign in
2. Go to the "Devices" tab
3. Select the device
4. Scroll down to the "eSIM download and help" section and click on "eSIM details"
5. First, make sure that your iPhone is connected to WiFi otherwise, you will NOT receive the eSIM notification. Then, on the webpage on your PC or Mac, click on "Get a new eSIM"

STEP 2: ON YOUR iPHONE
1. Tap the eSIM notification that pops up (if you don't see it, wait a little bit.)

2. Activate eSIM and wait
3. CRITICAL: It'll ask you to choose your default line; make sure to select "Secondary" (or "Travel," "Personal," "Business") NEVER "Primary." 
4. Keep selecting "Secondary" on every other step after that. 

Selecting Secondary will replace your Primary line (meaning the old line) with your new Xfinity Mobile line. It sounds counterintuitive, but you HAVE to select Secondary for your phone's network to function.

I was going crazy, and this fixed it on two iPhone 14 Pros. 

Hopefully, this will help you!!!! ☀️ 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is by far the most horrible mobile service I ever experienced in my life the phones They shipping out are trash I highly wouldn’t recommend I got a cell phone from them on the 22nd of November and it’s still not working you take to the Xfinity store they tell you they can’t help you take it to Apple Store this is a garbage service 0/10

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_90707c, that's certainly not the experience we want you to have. We do have a team of Mobile experts that can assist with your issues. You can reach out to them through these options: 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have been on hold with the xfinity mobile help line forever.  This is horrible customer service when getting a new phone. I can't believe a big company like yourself has not put the time and effort into fixing this issue, like the other large carriers have, to allow for a quick and automated cellular service transfer from one iPhone to another. OMG

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why Xfinity promoting and selling their phone service when it is not working. Make no sense. I recently switch from t mobile to Xfinity, then stuck with this stupid SOS that no one in the store or online can fix. This company is a scam

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_c64730 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We'd love to help, but we don't have access to XFINITY Mobile accounts via social media, I do apologize.

We would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our XFINITY Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here