U

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 3:30 PM

Closed

Multiple Email Accounts

Can I have more than one email account? If so, how?  

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 months ago

Also see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/my-account/answered-how-to-add-invite-manage-and-remove-users-on-your-xfinity-subscriber-account/602da482c5375f08cd7fd378. To create a new email address you have to create a new user ID. You can create a total of 7 userID's for each Comcast account number. 

The simplest way to add a user is by following the instructions for setting up a Viewer user account. If a password reset becomes necessary, the Primary user can reset a Viewer's password.

Note that you need to log in with the Primary UserID to create a new user/email address.

The UserID you create is also the first half of an @Comcast.net email address, but to use it you must first log in with the new ID and then visit https://connect.xfinity.com/ to activate it. While logged in you can, and should, add a recovery email and/or text enabled mobile phone number for use in password recovery.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

One problem, though, is Xfinity currently requires a mobile phone number and that mobile phone number can only be applied to ONE (1) user account; it cannot be used in two or more user accounts.. So if I want to create a second email account for myself I would need a separate mobile phone number.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_d3f27c

When creating new users for your Xfinity account, this is generally meant to invite new users to your account as viewers or managers. It could be a security risk if the same phone number or email address was used on different/multiple user accounts as it would allow others to use your information to create user ID's.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@BruceW​  This was correct when posted, but Xfinity has suddenly cancelled the ability to create additional email accounts for the family!! I am angry.  I paid for this and now I don't get it.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hello user_gn61iu

The way to create another email address is by creating a secondary user, this automatically creates an email address with that same name.  Once you create the username you just need to click on the email Icon on the Xfinity.com home page and that will walk you through enabling your email associated with that username. 

Below I included a great link that breaks down the process for setting up the additional user:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ Can I get further help!  I login to xfinity as primary go to account and identity.  I do not see Add someone... i do not see a list of current users.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Always happy to help👍user_gn61iu

To add a new user, you can invite them by email or by text message in this case to create their own Xfinity account.

1. Sign in to xfinity.com as the Primary user.
  2. Click the Account icon  and then click Account and Identity.
  3. Click Add someone new underneath the list of current users.
    Screenshot of the Add someone new option.

• Note: If you don’t have other users on the account already, click Invite friends and family.
      Screenshot. Messaging: Invite friends and family with one click.

4. Select ManagerMember, or Viewer.
    Select manager, member or viewer and see what they'll have access to.

5. Enter the new user’s first and last name, mobile number, and email. Then click Send.
    Screenshot. Name, address and email fields to send an invite to the new user.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

I need the new email accounts to all be to the same person that being me. Same SSN. Same phone etc. the above does not work

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

@user_gn61iu I myself have multiple user ids which feature a comcast.net email address, under my primary account. SSN should have nothing to do with it. Adding a new member does require a separate email address for 2-step authentication, but the ID you create will have a comcast.net address and mailbox associated to it. To try and put it clearer, it is not SIMPLY an email address, it is an identity that also features an email address.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

10 months ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section..

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I just went through trying to update my email account passwords and two-factor authentication info.  To turn on two-factor authentication--essential now that comcast has demonstrated how insecure it is--each comcast.net email address (even for the same main account) needs its own unique cell phone number and its own unique recovery email address.  Comcast two-factor security processes essentially assume that every email address is associate with a unique human being with their own cell phone and recovery email address. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I am leaving XFinity  effective April 19 , I am switching to AT&T internet services and the first it mobile department causing problems with billing and choosing your own due date and making double payments if you do payments through automated payments and promises of changing their company policy wa not true and now billing for internet series is going up to 80 a month and since federal government program is going away in April to help customers with internet bill and a promise of refund on billing and major problems with Xfinity is there Xfinity assistance and when calling you cannot get out of automatic system unless you are saying you signing up for new service or disconnecting your service and that’s only way you can talk to real person in customer service and this experience has left a bad Taste in my mouth and  I do not trust this company on meeting my needs for services and a lot broken promises and I hope this company improves on its communications with customers and I can not wait to get my final bill from Xfinity to be this bad experience in my past  !

from Rod d Thompson 

just my experience with xfinity !!!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_vsolq5! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time with these issues. This is definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make this right for you. Our amazing community is always available to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

1 Message

Until today I have 3 comcast account. Starting today my 2 accounts were disabled and requiring new password. When I log in to my comcast account as a primary - it shows that account is no longer active. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_y9x6p2, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting your account. Has it been a long time since you signed in to the other Comcast accounts? 

1 Message

4 months ago

That just great that Comcast / Xfinity removed the ability to add the extra custom emails. This was a needed feature that was promoted when my account was first created YEARS ago. This should be AT LEAST grandfathered for long time customers.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_emm1d9 

That just great that Comcast / Xfinity removed the ability to add the extra custom emails. This was a needed feature that was promoted when my account was first created YEARS ago. This should be AT LEAST grandfathered for long time customers.

How to Add, Invite, Manage, and Remove Users on Your Xfinity Subscriber Account
User Roles Defined

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here