U

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 2:45 PM

Streaming issues

I’ve been getting billed for Netflix, peacock and Apple TV plus by Xfinity for a couple months now and have had no issues. As of 9/12 all of those streaming services have been canceled without notice and I’m still being billed for them. I’m unable to get a live rep over the phone to help.

UPDATE: The only information I’ve gotten so far is it is a national issue and the engineering team is working to resolve it. 

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

8 days ago

Having exact same issue- Netflix, Peacock, and Apple tv subscriptions that I have through xfinity, all stopped working at once. No one at xfinity seems to know how to fix this. Originally had a technician scheduled to come out, but canceled because this is not a technical issue, it's a billing issue- which is exactly what the  xfinity support person i spoke to, said was the problem and told me to call again and speak to someone in billing.  I did, and still, no one knows how to fix it. If any one resolves this issue, please post an update how it was done. Hopefully enough people are having this issue that xfinity resolves it quickly.

Update: Went to xfinity.com last night and signed into my account and there was something at the top of the main page telling me to activate peacock- clicked it and it worked. Netflix and Apple tv were still not fixed until today when I went back to the "Activate subscriptions" email I was sent yesterday -which when clicked would say that netflix & apple tv were already activated, but still didn't work- but this time, it allowed me to reactivate those accounts. So now all 3 are finally fixed. Hopefully everyone else that's having this problem gets the same email and can get their accounts reactivated as well.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_5nih1w. Are you getting any message that you were set up with that streamsaver option for those three services?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I've had the streamsaver bundle for over a month, with no issue, until yesterday morning, when netflix emailed me and said my account is paused because it's no longer being billed through xfinity; peacock and apple tv both tell me i need to subscribe. Received the email from xfinity twice since trying to get this resolved, about activating those services. It tells me all 3 are activated, but still, same issue (not working).

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

user_5nih1w Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ I am still having this issue. Nearly 3 hours on the phone and chat and NO one can tell me how to fix this. Beyond furious. I got the Stream Saver Bundle to be able to watch tv while out of work recovering from 8/26 surgery. For the past couple of months, it worked fine, Until today. Please Help.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_webvo2, thank you for providing that extra context and sharing your time with me to work on this together. I can only imagine what you've been going through, but I hope your recovery has been going smooth and on track. I've replied to your DM and look forward to working with you more. As a friendly reminder for next time, please hold off on sending a DM until being requested by an official employee. Sending an unsolicited DM is a violation of our Forum Guidelines.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 days ago

Hello @user_lcvvmx Happy Thursday to you and thank you so much for reaching out to us on our Xfinity Forums! I'm sorry to hear of the trouble we are having with accessing your subscriptions to Netflix, Peacock and Apple TV. This is a huge impact to your content. I'm sorry for the interruption. Let's see what happened and get your services back and the account adjusted! 

Please send us your name and service address by direct message. From there we will verify your account and work on correcting the trouble with the programs and account. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

8 days ago

Same issue here. Locked out of all streaming accounts that I’m paying for through xfinity

1 Message

Same here!! Ive been kicked out of Netflix and Apple TV 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good morning @user_vg75ur. I am sorry to hear that you have been kicked out of Netflix an Apple TV. Our engineers are aware of the issue and working to find a fix for the issue. Thank you again for your patience!

3 Messages

8 days ago

Same here!! Furious! 

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello user_webvo2, thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums letting us know you're also experiencing streaming issues. We value you as a customer, and I'm sorry to hear you're running into this. For troubleshooting purposes, can you please tell me a little more about what happens when trying to access these streaming accounts? Also, are you having an issue with all 3 streaming services mentioned Netflix, peacock, and Apple TV+? 

We look forward to assisting you! 

1 Message

8 days ago

Same thing happened to me today. I’ve been on and off the phone all day. I called Netflix to see what was going on and they told me that Xfinity didn’t pay the service.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_65ltc2, Thank you for letting us know about this. How long have you been having this issue? We want to do everything we can to get this taken care of.

10 Messages

8 days ago

Same issue here. Just talked to Xfinity. Told them several others have the same issue. Where Netflix, Apple Tv and Peacock do not work.  I recieved an email yesterday from Xfinity welcoming me to StreamSaver.   I ignored it as I didnt make a change at all.   The email says i have to link my accounts to Netflix, Apple Tv and Peacock.  Ive now done that but nothing changed.  Still not working at all for me.  I told them in this chat that Someone talked to Netflix and said they were not paid... I also got an email from Netflix at 2:49am today saying my xfinity bill is no longer being used to pay for Netflix and to add a payment method.  When I log into Netflix on my phone it says membership paused and asking for an updated Payment method.  Xfinity is looking into this and said they will call me back.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Please let us know what the phone team says when they get back to you. This may be turning into a bigger issue. 

10 Messages

Was told that Xfinity knows about the issue and a techincial team is working on resolution.  No Timeframe given but since I logged a ticket i will get a text when its resolved

1 Message

8 days ago

My stream services are suddenly no longer available. This is frustrating because I haven't made any changes to my account since adding the stream service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_1mxhxz Thank you so much for letting us know you are having issues and we are here to help. Can you please tell us what exactly is going on with the streaming service, are you getting any errors or codes?

5 Messages

8 days ago

I have the same issue with peacock subscription included in my xfinity plan.  After logging in, all contents are locked and ask me to subscribe.  Please assist.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @dkfchan. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the Peacock issues. Are you logging in using the username you first used to register for Peacock? 

5 Messages

Yes. Same user. I did not create a new user when linking xfinity to peacock. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

dkfchan Thanks for letting us know that you did that troubleshooting step. Please make sure you are using the same username as your main Xfinity account.

5 Messages

The username of peacock and xfinity are the same. It was working before Sep 12. 

5 Messages

Someone mentioned they got a new link to reactivate. Can I have that too?

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

8 days ago

Same problem here, have been trying to get it fixed ALL DAY and I am beyond frustrated. HOURS spent today in live chat getting transferred multiple times who are unable to help me at all. We have paid for these streaming services but can't access them! They had been working fine for me since July then this morning got the Netflix email saying my subscription was canceled, one from Apple saying they will start charging me $9.99/month on October 11, and when I log into Peacock it says I am not subscribed. Xfinity really screwed something up here!

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

UPDATE: I just talked to someone on the phone and they said it's a known issue they are working on and it should be fixed soon. Sure, I'll believe it when I see it.

2 Messages

I was able to get a rep and working directly with a support tech. I was told that this is related to an outage. After reading these email threads it seems that everyone who signed up for the Now Streamsaver bundle in July (which I did too and no issues until last night 9/11) are now having issues with Peacock, Netflix and Apple TV. And now I am also having issues with HBO Max (no issues since we signed up few yrs ago until tonight 9/12) which I am paying extra in addition to the Bundle. So it seems all subscription through Xfinity are not working for me. I emailed my contact support person and hope this can get fixed asap.

I also asked for a credit and they said that I should be credited for the days that the service is down and it's only right for them to do this.

(edited)

10 Messages

Correct I signed up in July as well no issues unitl today. Got email from Xfinity yesterday then today was emailed by netflix at 2:49 am this morning noting this....You’re no longer using your Xfinity bill to pay for your Netflix membership. Please add a new payment method to keep watching all your favorite TV shows and movies.

(edited)

10 Messages

@Ann999​  Was told the same thing from Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

This has been a developing issue on our end. It was made national today, and we've had a team working to get this repaired. 

10 Messages

8 days ago

Thats the same update they told me as well. Was told I get a text when its resolved.  Glad I have Amazon Prime to watch the NFL game tonight.

10 Messages

8 days ago

All started when I got this email from Xfinity on 9/11 at 4:29pm.

If you already have subscriptions, you still need to activate to link your accounts.

1 Message

8 days ago

Same issue here.   Was told it would be resolved within the hour.   That was 12 hours ago. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Bad_finity, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I know this has been difficult to deal with. I am sorry for the inconvenience and want to do what I can to help.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

7 days ago

I am having the same issue.  Apple tv+ is not working .  Netflix seems to be.   Any solutons?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_j8dsms I’m sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Appletv+.

Lets work together to resolve this for you.

Are you getting any type of error message when you log in?

Are you logging in using the app on your TV or a mobile device?

Did you activate your Appletv+ using the activation email we sent? 

3 Messages

7 days ago

I am on 33 hours of NO Netflix or Peacock. Being out of work recovering from surgery with no TV is driving me bonkers. 

33 hours... This is unacceptable!! 

Why can Xfinity not work with Netflix, Peacock and Apple to keep our accounts active until a solution is reached?

I have spent hours online and on the phone only to be told it's being worked on.

I will not pay new bill until it's fixed since I am billed a month in advance. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_webvo2 I completely hear where you are coming from. It can be frustrating when services aren't working as designed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. Thank you for hanging in there while work to resolve the issue. Once it has been resolved, we can make the necessary adjustments to your services. This way we apply the appropriate amount of adjustment.  

2 Messages

I received an automated call from xifnity saying that the issue should be resolved, but its still not resolved. FYI, on these outages 

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hi there, @user_te8wsc! What happens when you try to view these services currently?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you so much for your patience. I am seeing that we are having customers report back that the issue has been resolved. Are you able to access your Streamsaver?-Richard

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

7 days ago

I got an email from Xfinity this morning with a link to activate the streaming accounts, the same I got when I first started streamsaver in July. I just checked the link and was able to re-activate all three. So it seems to be working now, finally!

10 Messages

I got the email to do this on Wed the day before it stopped working.  I just tried a second time to activate and mine (Netflix, Apple Tv and Peacock not working yet

10 Messages

Third time is a charm.  Its fixed now. Had to active for the 3rd time adn then you have to sign in to each of the providers to link the xfinity plan to your account and it should work then

10 Messages

i was supposed to be notifed from Xfinity but never got any updates.  Thanks to the Tread notfications on this so i did it again and its working now

10 Messages

The email is from xfinity title is Welcome to Xfinity StreamSaver.  Then click on the link to active and sign it.  For each of the three you will also need to sign into Netflix, Apple Tv and peacock to link the Xfinity to your account on thier platform for the service to resume. Hope that makes sense. 

Welcome to Xfinity StreamSaver™!

Activate your subscriptions today:

Netflix, Apple TV+,
and Peacock

If you already have subscriptions, you still need to activate to link your accounts.
NETFLIX APPLE TV+ PEACOCK

3 Messages

When I click on the above link, it takes me to the activate page but only displays netflix & peacock.  After +3 hours of talking to customer service, what solved the issue was manually typing in the url.   Is the key to repeatedly type in the url & attempt to activate? 

https://customer.xfinity.com/activate-apple-tv-plus 

https://customer.xfinity.com/activate-netflix

https://customer.xfinity.com/activate-peacock

CUSTOMER SERVICE -

1.  It wasn't a tech that solved the issue, google suggested the correct link.  

2.  It would be great if you could post an update as it took 3 different techs to solve the issue and cost me 3 hours of time. 

3.  This was a NATIONWIDE issue & we'd like to be compensated for our loss of time & service disruption

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here