U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 12:18 PM

Channels isnt working

Tv is telling me i need too subscribe to this channel to upgrade package

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

16 days ago

user_1io1ox Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your TV channels. I would be happy to help you get your TV working. May ask if the message you are getting is on a channel you subscribe to, and would you mind sharing any steps you have tried to clear the message? 

1 Message

16 days ago

same thing is happening to me. no channels on any devices in the house

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_s3juii I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your cable service. Are you getting an error message/code on any channel? Have you by any chance tried using the Xfinity app to reset your devices?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

16 days ago

Channels on the TV gives the message, "This Requires a Subscription".  No Channels are working, not even the local channel. It's stating to Go to xfinity.com/UpgradeTV to update your packages.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_ovijs2, I am sorry you are having issues accessing your channels. May I ask what package you have? Do you watch through the Stream app, or is this through regular cable channels on our X1 box?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

I have phone, Internet & Cable. 125 Channels w/ X1 box

3 Messages

I unplugged 2 of the boxes and nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_ovijs2 Can you check your Xfinity App to see if you are currently in an interruption? As soon as you log into it, it will show in the banner above it.

6 Messages

16 days ago

Same here! One box is doing that and the other is not.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_mmu8bp Hello! With the box that is not working properly, can you please try unplugging the power cable from it for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in? If the channels are still not functioning after that, please let us know.

6 Messages

I've already done that a few times. 

6 Messages

and it's every channel, not just premiums. I'm in a condo building so the core of everyone's service should be the same.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Ahh! Gotcha. Appreciate the details! Is the box that is having the issue connected wirelessly or by coax cable to the wall? Thank you so much. 

6 Messages

It's wireless. 

The channels were working earlier - and when I went to change the channel is when I noticed all channels said they require a subscription (and it was similar timing to the others post about this issue). 

9 Messages

16 days ago

This is a know issue on xfinity's side. Why is your first response to ask us customers for details on how we are attempting to fix? It is not an issue on our side. Its an issue on yours. I get it if a problem is a one off. Yes standard practice of restart and reset may work. But on a common issue its not like we all stopped our subscriptions the same time and forgot and are all complaining here at the same time. Come on xfinity. Get your [Edited: "Language"] together for a change!! Stop acting like you have never seen this issue before. Its pathetic. Own up to your issues and say We see we have issues. Not this can you give me the steps you did to try and fix this and what didn't work because its not on our ends!!!

(edited)

9 Messages

over 2 hours and no response. great customer service guys. Thats fine. Im shopping for new internet provider and will stick to streaming for now on. You are not worth the price you charge for service.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

16 days ago

TV channels no longer work, was working earlier.  Says I need to subscribe but I'm already subscribed.

9 Messages

Its an xfinity error 12012 and the only official info is an old page that says to subscribe or wait til later.

The only help is to restart reload reset everything but it wont work. Issue is not on our end. Come on xfinity. Any answers yet?????

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @kmh_22, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums today, we hope you are otherwise having a fantastic Thursday and a wonderful week. I'm sorry to hear that your TV channels no longer work even though they were working earlier and appreciate you confirming that it says you need to subscribed when you already are. Rest assured, our team is here to help get this resolved and can run through some troubleshooting steps with you. To start may I ask if you are experiencing this message on all channels or on a particular channel? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet such as restarting your cable box? 

9 Messages

dont start with the normal troubleshooting steps on our side. This is not a user end issue. I reset everything already. nothing

9 Messages

if you all read the chats above instead of asking us to troubleshoot first you may actually learn something about how you try to help everyone.

My first post was

"This is a know issue on xfinity's side. Why is your first response to ask us customers for details on how we are attempting to fix? It is not an issue on our side. Its an issue on yours. I get it if a problem is a one off. Yes standard practice of restart and reset may work. But on a common issue its not like we all stopped our subscriptions the same time and forgot and are all complaining here at the same time. Come on xfinity. Get your [Edited: "Language"] together for a change!! Stop acting like you have never seen this issue before. Its pathetic. Own up to your issues and say We see we have issues. Not this can you give me the steps you did to try and fix this and what didn't work because its not on our ends!!!"

9 Messages

16 days ago

Really? Still no help? I guess the repair policy for xfinity is stall until they find the loose wire. Im absolutely frustrated with the lack of response here. Not one representative has responded to me.  Like I said earlier. Time to cancel!!

1 Message

16 days ago

Also recieving error code 12012 stating I need a subscription. No Channels at all

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @user_4h7mty, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team today, we appreciate it and hope you are otherwise having a fantastic Thursday so far! I'm sorry to hear that you are also receiving error code 12012 stating you need a subscription. We'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps and assure you that you've reached the right team to help resolve your service issues. To better assist, can you please confirm how you are watching TV? For example, are you using a cable box or our Stream app? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet or tried troubleshooting using our easy and convenient XFINITY app? You can try troubleshooting using our awesome app by following the instructions on our website here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-troubleshoot-xfinity-app

If we are unable to resolve the issue remotely, we'll be happy to schedule one of our expert technicians to investigate further. We'll be sure to stick with you though until your channels are back to working properly! 

9 Messages

16 days ago

Hey xfinity why dont you respond to me? This is my 8th message on this page. Obviously you guys dont read. Great example of your customer sevice. Still having issues. Still no help!! Still going to cancel if someone actually answers the phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_pztrw5 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

9 Messages

Finally after all day a response.  No offer of refund for lost service. Just a generic answer.  Yup I'm done with xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

user_pztrw5 We are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer. We truly appreciate your continued patience.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here