CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021 3:31 PM

Closed

Xfinity Free TV Week 2021

Starting Tuesday, November 23 through Monday, November 29, Xfinity customers will have access to a huge selection of premium content at no additional cost across X1, Flex, and Stream as part of Free TV Week. 

During Free TV Week, content from premium networks such as HBO Max, STARZ, and EPIX as well as streaming services like Prime Video and Peacock can be viewed by Xfinity customers with no strings attached. 

Here are just a few of the hit movies and shows available to enjoy as part of Free TV Week: HBO Max's Succession and Godzilla vs. Kong, STARZ's Power Book II: Ghost and Outlander, Peacock's Saved by the Bell, Prime Video's Season 1 of Hanna, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Bosch. 

You don't have to do anything to start enjoying Free TV Week. Just say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote to get started, or watch now with the Xfinity Stream app. 

This year, Free TV Week is being presented by Xfinity Rewards. When customers join Xfinity Rewards, they can enjoy a mix of special perks, unique experiences and product benefits. Visit www.xfinity.com/rewards to learn more..

Free TV Week is available to residential Xfinity TV or Xfinity Flex and Internet customers from 11/23/21 to 11/29/21.  Restrictions apply.  Not available in all areas. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/mo. value.  Activation required to access Peacock. Programming subject to change. Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2021 Comcast.  All rights reserved.  All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

3 years ago

Are the xfinity rewards only available for people who have xfinity internet service? I have xfinity tv service but I got a message I’m not eligible?

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have both internet and tv, and also said I’m not eligible.

This reply has been converted into a post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

I only have Xfinity Cable service since I do not use Xfinity Internet.

You can get to Xfinity Stream on the Xfinity Site if you are signed on there.

Click on the "For You" on this listing of your channels.  Click on the Free Shows week.

You can watch using your computer on this link.

All Channels - Xfinity Stream

I just watched "Dune" there on HBO offerings.  Some shows may only be on certain days this week.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why is The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It only available in Spanish?  So frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why is The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It only available in Spanish?  That is annoying for people who don't speak that language and it eon't let you change the audio options.  So frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_911366. Thank you for reaching out. Is this the only title you have the issue with, or are there other movies only available in Spanish for you as well? Is this present on your cable box, via the Xfinity Stream App, or both?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have the flex box and when we go into the Amazon Prime section of "Free tv week" the only things we're able to access are "Bosch", "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" & "Hanna" but it shows that we're supposed to have access to "hundreds of movies and thousands of episodes and more". Am I missing something? I never saw anywhere that it's limited content, plus why would it only allow 3 shows to be watched? 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_83c0e0

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week question. We apologize for the confusion, only select content from Premium networks is available during Free TV Week. This means that you will not have access to the complete library of Amazon Prime Video content during this event. The easiest way to find all available Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or by searching the OnDemand area for our Free TV Week banner. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Big let down!  Through the Free TV Week section I tried to watch Super Intelligence on HBO Max, but said “Can’t Verify Subscription”.  Could watch the trailer on HBO Max but not the movie.  Disappointing!!  

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_b4912e

Thank you for posting your Free TV Week question. We apologize for the confusion, only select content from Premium networks is available during Free TV Week. This means that you will not have access to the complete library of HBO Max content during this event. The easiest way to find all available Free TV Week content is to say "Free TV Week" into your Voice Remote or by searching the OnDemand area for our Free TV Week banner. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

The movie WAS NOT BEING OFFERED FOR FREE -- that was the whole point to the complaint, for god's sake.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

People, DO NOT go directly to the HBO Max app on your Xfinity box! Say "Free TV Week" into your remote (or select the Xfinity button and select "Free TV Week), scroll down to "Free TV week networks," then select HBO Max and select your content from there. And Xfinity may have made a mistake....movies that are in the premiere month on HBO Max while they are in theatres generally are NOT available to persons that don't subscribe to the ad-free version of HBO Max. This may be why King Richard is not available.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

They should take the Max part off the HBO promotion.  Seems like if a movie or show is exclusively on HBO Max it can’t be accessed, so really it’s just free HBO.  Very misleading and really false advertisement!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@M_Hudson_Jr

I was on the phone with comcast for more than 30 mins, half of it wait time, while the lady who helped me struggled to understand that all I wanted to know was whether the movie was available for free. When we finally managed that hurdle, I followed her instructions, went to on-demand, clicked on Free TV Week, then selected HBO Max, then selected the movie, and got the subscribe message. I followed your instructions and ended up on an HBO Max page that does not offer King Richard. They should have advertised this week as offering some movies and shows for free. But thanks for trying to help.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I agree, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I looked at the offerings listed on the free tv week/hbo max page, saw King Richard was the first movie listed, clicked on it to watch, but no, can't watch for free, in fact, you have to sign up for HBO Max ad-free at 14.99 a month. Free TV Week used to be a treat, now it's just another way to be annoyed over a long holiday weekend. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. If you want people to buy HBO/HBO Max, consider lowering the price for use on all devices.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

3 years ago

I think they need to fix the issues then give us all another week or true free tv! I have a flex unit, I logged into the FREE TV to several movies on Starz, it goes to an almost empty screen except for the time stamps, and shows a pause. We attempted this with several movies, and shows on Starz and all of them simply went to the screen just described. I even went so far as to call and they sent a reset signal to the flex unit and still after another hour we were not able to access anything on Free TV week Starz.?????

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@DoverPARon

We apologize you experienced issues with viewing content during Free TV Week. Is this issue still happening on your Flex device? 

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

Hi Jessie, pls read to the end. Yes, solved after 3 reset attempts and finally leaving everything unplugged overnight which finally resolved it.

My request to read to the end has to do with another issue with the Flex unit that has been annoying ever since we hooked it up. We also have a Roku unit and both are hard wired to the Internet. The annoying problem is that any time we watch any show thru the Flex unit, we get picture judder or stutter as some call it. We do not have that issue with any show coming thru our Roku unit. My further question to you is wheter the Flex has any sort of setting or other adjustment that could help with the judder/stutter of the picture flow?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@DoverPARon. Great question! There could be a few reasons for the judder/freezing. There is a resoluton setting and if a resolution is set that does not work well with the TV or HDMI cable it can do that. The Flex box also can do that when too far from the gateway or too much obstruction in between. Anything over 50 feet can cause a weak signal. It is a scenario where process of elimination is needed. I recommend swapping HDMI cables and changing the resolution in flex to see if gets better, or one at a time. 

Device settings > video display , 2160/60p sometimes doesn't like certain TV's, especially if they are older. Try 2160/30p. Let us know! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

Thank you for the fast reply! I made the adjustment in the display to the 2160/30p and that seems to have eliminated about 80-90% which is something we can live with. Our TV is a Samsung, it was purchased as a new model in June 2016 so being 5 1/2 years old, not sure you classify it as an old TV but in the world of electronics, maybe so?? Anyway, Thank You again for the advice. Now one more question about Flex.

One of the main shows we have been watching is The Lost Symbol. It seems that when we first log into the Peacock menu via Flex, the Lost Symbol is showing up near the top with the Season/Episode number we ended with at the last viewing. The problem we have had multiple times now is if we click on this entry box, there is no sound? We have to back out and then go thru browse or TV (dont recall which one) and find the show again listed among all the others in that general category, then when we click in, the sound is playing. Are the boxes at the entry just for show or is there some sort of issue as to why we cannot get the sound? This has happened at least 4-5 times now.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I feel the frustration of all those below who also tried to watch some of the movies (like "King Richard") that are listed under the heading "Free TV Week is here! Watch for free through Nov 29" (see gvjones920 screenshot in the post below).  You cannot watch this movie for free on "Free TV week" and there is a seriously limited selection of movies that you can watch -not the promoted ones with the pictures.  Bad move Xfinity, a serious bait and switch.  I doubt your company needs even more negative consumer sentiment.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Definitely weird Xfinity answered everything 11/23 but nothing since that first day.  Guess easiest way to avoid false advertising is to avoid it all together.  Super false advertising!!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Considering how many people have posted complaints about the tricky Free TV Week set up/ads, Xfinity's failure to respond here is disappointing.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

All,

We appreciate all your questions regarding King Richard. We apologize that movie was showing free during Free TV Week. This is something we are looking into and trying to figure out why this is the case. You will also find new releases and blockbuster movies available during Free TV Week when in the OnDemand section of X1 or Flex. Again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments related to Free TV Week.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie 

It is unfortunate that though there were posts (and calls to Xfinity) about issues with content (including King Richard) on day one (11/23/21) it took until the last day of Free TV Week for the issue to be acknowledged and corrected (As of TODAY King Richard and other HBO Max content is no longer listed as available).  This is NOT a very customer friendly response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

U all need to do another ‘free tv week’ and make it CRYSTAL CLEAR how to use it.  I kept clicking on the channels and it said ‘subscribe’.  I thought maybe I had the dates wrong just to see I didn’t.  Obviously I’m not the only confused one that missed it.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_7d49ba whenever they do a free tv week, or anytime they offer a particular network for free, the channel itself is not activated. You only have on-demand content available from that network. So, if they offer Showtime free for a week/weekend, and you want to watch "Billions," you will watch it on demand during the free period, NOT on the channel itself. I've been with Xfinity since 2014, and it's been that way the whole time.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Hello, @user_7d49ba. We never want to see you having trouble accessing this awesome content. M_H_Jr is correct: This content is available via On Demand, but if you're still having trouble accessing anything that way please let us know!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here