CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 2:01 PM

Closed

Watchathon 2022

The biggest week in entertainment is here for free during the 10th anniversary of Watchathon Week presented by Xfinity Rewards! It’s the perfect time to start watching all the hit shows and movies you’ve been wanting to see. Watch for free now, May 3rd through May 9th.

Hit shows and movies from Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, STARZ, EPIX, Peacock, and more are free to Xfinity TV and Internet customers during Watchathon Week. Watch shows like Stranger Things, The Boys, Girls5Eva, The First Lady, Outlander, Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty, and more, no strings attached.

Enjoy a whole week of free access with Xfinity and easily access the content you are interested in on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, or Xfinity Stream. To get started just search Watchathon or just say "Watchathon" into your Voice Remote.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Will there be a watchathon this year or did Free Movies Week take its place?

Is there any information for when it will be?

Thanks.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled watchathon 2022

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

April 3 thru 9, 2022

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

@gldrgidr wrote: "April 3 thru 9 ..."

That was the schedule in 2017. Do you have a link that shows the schedule for 2022?

Contributor

• 

211 Messages

@BruceW​ So, is there a Watchathon this year?  Glad you brought it up!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

... is there a Watchathon this year? ...

Dunno. It's usually announced just a few days in advance on https://corporate.comcast.com/search?q=watchathon and, eventually, here in the Forums. Nothing listed so far for 2022 AFAICT.

Contributor

• 

211 Messages

@BruceW

Appreciate that link; now I know where to check. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Is it really free and I will not be charged to watch Starz or Epic that is offered? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled watchathon

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

Watchathon has its own heading. Shows there are "free". The list is limited.

The normal Starz and Epic will not work for you.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

okay great, so whatever is listed on watchathon is FREE for the time frame. Thank you so much

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Is there a certain time it starts? Cause its trying to make me subscribe. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_9e2c11​ 

We apologize you are having issues accessing Watchathon content. What were you attempting to watch when you were asked to subscribe?

All Watchathon content is available under the Watchathon banner on your x1 or Flex device. You can easily access it by searching "Watchathon" or by saying "Watchathon" into your voice remote. When using Xfinity Stream you will find available Watchathon content when searching "Watchathon".

Please note, select Showtime series are available on demand (the direct channels aren’t available for free) for the first three days of Watchathon (May 3-5, 2022) on Flex streaming TV Boxes and online with the Xfinity Stream portal and on mobile devices with the Xfinity Stream app. All Showtime series will be available on demand during the last four days (May 6-9, 2022). Also, due to licensing agreements with the content owners, we may not have every season or episode available for viewing during Xfinity Watchathon Week.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m trying to watch dune under the watchaton list and it wants me to sign into hbo max when I click on it

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_427285 

We sincerely apologize that you have experienced issues when attempting to watch Dune during Watchathon. When navigating to that program you will notice a "Watch Options" tile. Once you click on that option you should notice a option to watch it for "free". Are you able to see that?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

In current watchathon are all HBO movies in Spanish? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Watchathon

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@hippiechick1962​ 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon question here in our Xfinity Forum. To answer your question, no, not all HBO movies offered for Watchathon are in Spanish. When choosing a HBO movie from the Watchathon menu, in the "Watch Options" menu you will be able to see if it it in Spanish or English, be sure to chose the English version. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The Watchathon guide says all episodes of “And Just Like That” (HBO Max, season 1) is included in the Watchathon, but episode 2 is missing for free. Will that be corrected before Watchathon over?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_b5dd78​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your Watchathon questions here. When attempting to access "And Just Like That" episode 2, are you not seeing that episode at all in the list or when attempting to watch you get a message stating you will need to subscribe? Can you also please share how you are attempting to watch this program? Are you attempting to watch on your x1 device, your Flex device, or via Xfinity Stream?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Episode 2 is not listed under Free (1, 3-10 are). If you look at Available, episode 2 is there but says you have to subscribe.

I’m watching on my X1 device (cable box) but also checked the Xfinity app on my iPhone and website on my laptop. All were the same, episode 2 must subscribe for. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_b5dd78 

Thank you so much for the additional information. We have alerted our engineers and hope to have that updated soon. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

It has been fixed/added to watch for free! Thank you!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks so much for confirming it's resolved. Enjoy the show! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is hull included in Watchathon 22

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Hulu on Watchathon?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_0078b3​ 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon question here in the Xfinity Forum. We will not be offering Hulu content during Watchathon 2022. However, you will find much more available content in the Watchathon area of the OnDemand section. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I started watching Dexter on Showtime last night on the first day of the Watchathon.  Everything was fine.  Now today I'm going back and all of Showtime is back to subscribers only.  All the other content that is supposed to be free is still accessible though.  just not Showtime.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_702b5e​ 

We apologize for the confusion. When attempting to watch Dexter are you navigating to the content through the Watchathon On Demand banner? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 episodes are missing for Dexter New Blood.  Is there an easy fix?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_e7e2aa 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your Watchathon question here. Can you please share which episodes are missing? Can you also share how you are attempting to watch these missing episodes? Are you watching on x1, Flex, or Xfinity Stream?

Thanks in advance for your reply. This information will better help us to troubleshoot and resolve this concern. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The Batman on Watchathon no longer free? It worked on the 3rd. Was going to continue to watch on the 4th, but all I get is the option to buy or sign into HBO Max. Other movies like Dune have a free from HBO option. The Batman is no longer available.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled The Batman on Watchathon no longer free?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_e7e8a6​ 

We apologize for the confusion. Full access to the complete On Demand libraries of HBO Max, Starz, Cinemax and EPIX is available for all seven days of Watchathon Week. The only way to access this content is to go through the Watchathon banner in the OnDemand section of the guide. Navigating directly to the title or the channel will not gain you access to that content.

Please let us know if you continue to have any issues or have any other questions.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I just found out that Watchathon started May 3. Why, as a Comcast/Xfinity customer, am I not notified? It's not even on the main page when I go to Apps. For what I pay, they should be emailing me. I shouldn't have to go searching for it.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@doc508​ 

We apologize for the confusion. Watchathon event emails went out to customers prior to the event. If you did not receive that email notification, it may be that you have opted out of some or all of the Comcast email communications. If you would like to opt back into to receive these type of event email notifications you can do so by following the directions outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-communication-and-advertising-settings

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

You sent me an invite to enjoy Watchathon. I have internet only and use my own equipment. The Xfinity stream app for non xfinity equipment only seems to have Beta option and this will not connect to Watchathon. If I needed rented equipment I wish you just did not send the invite to those not eligible.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Mimi1976​ 

We apologize for your experience. We have made certain content available to our non-TV, Internet-only subscribers. You should be able to find the Watchathon tile under the "Featured" section when scrolling down on the homepage of the app after it loads. Once you click the "Watchathon" tile it will give you access to all the content available to you. 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

His Jesse, driving me crazy looking for Gaslit in watchathon. I know it’s supposed to be available. I’ve tried inthe X1 app and also our tv but through the banner only the trailer appears. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@helpmeobiewan​ 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon question here in the Xfinity Forum. When doing some searching it looks as though the program "Gaslit" is not currently available OnDemand via Xfinity. Since Watchathon is providing access to OnDemand content, if the program/movie is not available via Xfinity OnDemand then it will not be included in Watchathon.  Due to licensing agreements, this show appears to be available on demand via other platforms. However, you can catch many other Starz programs On Demand and available for free during Watchathon. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions,.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Thank you for the quick reply. I found it on my iPhone app and also on the internet using safari but not on our tv. Bummer would like to watch it on the big tv 🤯

FYI on the tv, the Gaslit icon is on the Starz watchathon but when you scroll the shows it’s gone. Bad fakeout and I wasted a ton of time researching this 🥺 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@helpmeobiewan 

Thank you for sharing that concern about Gaslit. I have just received word that our team is working on a fix to make this available to customers. It should be available to watch via Watchathon soon. We apologize for the confusion. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Whooo hooo it’s there now, you’re the best Jessie!

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Fantastic, that's what we like to hear! Did you have any other questions or concerns that I can assist you with?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can Watchathon be accessed from an older non-X1 settop?  There is no Watchathon banner.  Searching for Watchathon only shows 4 minute videos of Comcast employees reviewing Watchathon (what to watch, etc).  In 2021 there was a web link for the free Watchathon movies that could be browsed on-line.  Searching for one of those movies with the settop showed a free version for viewing.  Easy peasy.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_07bde6​ 

Welcome and thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. Non-x1 television customers absolutely have access to select Watchathon content. You will find available content in the On Demand section of your guide. Unfortunately, we do not have a video to share about this process, but please let us know if you need additional assistance finding available content.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity can you confirm or clarify that not all premium channel shows/movies are included in Watchathon? I wanted to watch Starz new show “Gaslit,” but the only option is to watch the trailer, even though the show began airing a few weeks ago. I’ve tried browsing both via the Watchathon menu and by browsing Starz ondemand as well as a voice search on my X1 and yet there’s nothing for this show except the trailer. I’ve rebooted X1 hoping it was a weird glitch, but no change. So, please clarify if the premium channel options are purposely limited to exclude some programming using this “free” event? 

I’m super disappointed - I pay for almost every other add-on, premium channel and app except of course for for Starz, and I really wanted to sample this new show. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

@Jenniferrrr​ 

that happened to us in the Bay Area.  After I complained the engineers fixed it. Read Jessie’s instructions above you have to click on the yellow watchathon banner, not search for Gaslit. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Jenniferrrr 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon question here in our Xfinity Forum. As mentioned by @helpmeobiewan we did have an issue where Gaslit was not available but we have since resolved that and it should now be available via the Watchathon banner in the On Demamd section of your guide. Please let us know if you experience any other issues or have any other questions.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Thanks, I no have access to Gaslit. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Jenniferrrr 

Thank you for confirming that this is now resolved! We appreciate all your help getting this identified. 

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Happy Watching!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm watching Game of Thrones during the 2022 Watchathon Week, but Season 1 Episode 7 appears to be missing; it is not showing up in the list or episode count at all.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_3953d3​ 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon questions here in our Xfinity Forum. We appreciate you getting this reported to us. When attempting to watch Game of Thrones season 1, episode 7 how are you watching it? Is it through x1, Flex or Xfinity Streaming? This information will better help us to get this fixed soon.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Showtime has movies like 2022 Hide and Seek that says it's free to watch but when you choose it the watch for free icon is not there

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Showtime movies not available through Watchathon tho they say they are

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

I did not find that movie on the "Free" list for Showtime today.

What day did you find it here?  Was it available earlier this week? 

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes, I'm trying to watch Showtime and there is no "watch for free" option

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

You should be connecting with a computer using Xfinity stream. Click Watchathon, then Showtime. and then movies. Pick a movie and hit "play". I just checked one and it started to play. I watched the latest series of Outlander without problems this week.

I can't use my 2015 Samsung 4K 3d TV to get the Xfinity Stream.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_938654 & @user_00afd2 

Thank you for posting your Watchathon questions here in the Xfinity Forum. When attempting to watch this content, are you navigating to that via the Watchathon On Demand banner? Once on the content you want to watch, you can either click the "Play" or "Watch Options" tiles to get the free version of the content. If you are still having difficulties can you please share what you are seeing, is it just not showing, are you getting a "Subscribe" message, or are you seeing another error message? Can you also please share if you are attempting to watch that content on x1, Flex, or Xfinity Stream? Thank you in advance for these details. This information will help us to better troubleshoot and identify this issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here