tbill1's profile

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 9:36 PM

Closed

Showtime/Paramount Plus

If I am subscribing to Showtime through Comcast and Paramount Plus directly through them,

will at sometime in the near future these services completely duplicate each other and enable me to drop one of them?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

9 months ago

Hello @tbill1 we are here to help answer all of your questions! To confirm, are you asking that if at some point Showtime and Paramount Plus offer the same content to watch, that you would then only need to be subscribed to one of them? If so, then you would be correct that you would then be able to remove on of the subscriptions if the content you are looking for is available on either platform!

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ HI, It has already happened. What I need to know is if Xfinity or Paramount will convert subscribers of Showtime

to free access for the Xfinity Paramount + App (like HBO to Max)? I have both, but would prefer to keep Showtime and drop Paramount +.

Otherwise I would drop Showtime immediately, if that wasn't going to happen.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@tbill1 Great, thanks for clearing that up! I can see that Showtime on our end is being rebranded to rebranding to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME. If you already have a Showtime subscription, then you would be able to transfer that account to a Paramount+ account if eligible. With that, you should then not need a separate Paramount+ account and can do the subscription through Xfinity instead. Paramount has put together a very helpful article on what is happening with Paramount+ and SHOWTIME that also confirms how to transfer your Showtime subscription to Paramount+.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ Unless I am reading the link  wrong, it refers to customers of Showtime streaming being billed by Showtime who can 

switch to Paramount +.  It clearly says that if you get Showtime from any other source like I do from Xfinity,

you must cancel Showtime.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

This is for Showtime streaming/anytime and not for the premium Showtime channel on the Xfinity bundled package.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ OK, This is what it also says:

I was a SHOWTIME annual subscriber. Does this mean I get a Paramount+ annual subscription? 

Your subscription will be transferred to Paramount+ as the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME monthly subscription. 

So how does that happen?  WHO transfers it?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I just spent maybe 45 minutes or more on hold and talking to Paramount Plus operators explaining that I'm a current Xfinity subscriber of Showtime and that I need help streaming Showtime on my PC or gaming console.  I used to do this easily with the Showtime Anytime app (console) or website (PC) but now Showtime Anytime has been shut down.  After LOTS of troubleshooting, reading FAQs, going to Showtime Anytime website, going to Paramount Plus website, and talking to 2 operators, they're advice was: 1) call Xfinity and work it out; or 2) cancel my Showtime subscription with Xfinity and re-sign with Paramount Plus.

Is this really my only option: either keep Xfinity Showtime but forget about streaming OR cancel Xfinity (and thus lose my tv Showtime) but sign up with Paramount Plus and get to stream it?

Help me out here please.

1 Message

I received the same treatment.  Paramount plus customer service told me to cancel my comcast subscription.  When I click on the showtime app I am redirected to paramount plus with an error message telling that I have to pay to have showtime on Paramount plus.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_84g576,

Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums support page. I apologize about the experience you have encountered. As of December 14th, 2023, Paramount is shutting down the SHOWTIME Anytime application and will no longer be available to customers on any platform. 

In order to watch the Showtime content within your subscription, you can watch Live and OnDemand content using your X1 set-top box, Xfinity Flex set-top box within the Xfinity Stream app, or using the Xfinity Stream app on any supported device.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

XfinityDemetrius I have had showtime via X1 and now have paramount+ with showtime. When I go to the new Paramount + with showtime app on x1 it only shows me showtime content. When I searched for the good fight a paramount + show it came up as costing me 2.99. I cant log to the Paramount + with the showtime app on my iPad with my xfinity credentials, so there is no way to watch it there. As this is bundled with my x1 account why shouldn't I just cancel that element of my xfinity account and buy this from paramount directly ? 

1 Message

8 months ago

Last fall I dropped Showtime, after subscribing  for 15 years, through Comcast/Xfinity since I wanted a subscription to Paramount+ which included Showtime. I signed up through Paramount's website, but the subscription fee is billed by Xfinity. We have had to access Showtime through the Paramount+ app - which involves several more steps to get to the app then a search for Showtime programs - rather than simply typing 750 into the remote. When I saw that 750 is now Paramount+/Showtime, I thought I'd be able to access 750 directly. But no. Even though my subscription is billed by Xfinity, I can not access Paramount+/Showtime by typing 750. 

What needs to be done to be able to continue to access Paramount+/Showtime via the app and Showtine by 750 via the remote?

Plz, do not give me an answer that involves using voice remote. My husband is the Showtime fan and voice remote does not work with his Australian accent.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @NotHappywADS, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Although the same name, they are two separate subscriptions. If you sign up for the channel version, you would no longer have access to the app and app subscribers would not have access to the channel. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

The problem with this is that you cannot access the on demand Paramount+ content either from the X1 app or if you do a search for the content. The former has no search capability (awful design) and only shows the showtime content and the latter requires you to pay (for example the new Mission Impossible movie) as if you didn't have a subscription. This is a mess and you all are not getting the message. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @Paulsumm I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

i am paying paramount + a monthly fee. Xfinity says i have showtime with paramount + with them. should i not be paying paramount +

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

mike9801 Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to post your concern on our forum. Paramount and Showtime have merged, so you may see that on the live channel. However, the Paramount + streaming app is a seperate subscription. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I have had showtime for many years through xfinity. My bundle that I pay ALOT for says I have paramount plus with showtime.. but I can’t watch paramount plus!  Why is Comcast charging me  much for the service and all these fees when I can’t watch the channel that they say I have!

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

@Tvmom26 I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues! Are you getting any errors when trying to access this channel?

1 Message

Same issue here, I went to watch showtime on demand, was informed it's now paramount plus, but when I login to the app it prompts me to buy a package.

God Xfinity just [Edited: "Language"], this is the only option we have how is this monopoly not shut down.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_3qyiu0 Thank you so much for your post on accessing your Showtime content. 

As of December 14, 2023, Paramount shut down the SHOWTIME Anytime app. It’ll no longer be available to any customers on any platforms. 

If you subscribe to SHOWTIME and are billed through Xfinity, you can continue to watch SHOWTIME the following ways:

X1 customers: Watch live and On Demand content on your X1 TV Box and in the Xfinity Stream app.
Flex customers: Continue to access your SHOWTIME subscription on your Flex streaming TV Box and in the Xfinity Stream app. 
All customers out of home: Watch SHOWTIME in the Xfinity Stream app.

If you subscribe to SHOWTIME and use the SHOWTIME Anytime app but aren’t billed through Xfinity, visit SHOWTIME Anytime help and support page for more information.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

you realize you NEVER answer anyones question.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here